Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie gubbins 18:36 - Apr 9 with 2128 viewsnix

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-23s-news/u23s-in-profile-joe-gubbins/

Nice little profile of our young centre back. Interesting that Charlie Austin was involved in him arriving at KPFS.
Charlie gubbins on 19:06 - Apr 9 with 2092 viewsCiderwithRsie

Oxford United will never have a warm spot in my heart for obvious reasons, but I like the fact that this kid supported his local side however cr"p rather than some Premier League side he'd never get to see.
Charlie gubbins on 19:23 - Apr 9 with 2059 viewsHunterhoop

Thank you, Nix.

What I found most telling is that of all the people in his career Austin could have thought to call instantly whilst on the phone e to an upset youth player, he thought of Chris Ramsey.

There is clearly a very good reason he is so well respected in the game. Very pleased we kept him on.
Charlie gubbins on 20:36 - Apr 9 with 1969 viewsHooparoo

Lots of positive stuff in there about the club. He sounds like he has a good attitude so definitely one to watch if he keeps developing.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Charlie gubbins on 20:51 - Apr 9 with 1937 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lovely. Nice one Nix

Would love to hear what Smegma thinks. Back up for Barbet if passing is his thing?
Charlie gubbins on 21:37 - Apr 9 with 1891 viewsBrianMcCarthy

As Smegma will tell you, I have a little football-crush on this lad.

I saw him once on a trip to England and in a team of elders he caught the eye.

He was cool, composed, nice positioning, all left foot, good long-range pass (though I thought on that day he went long too often), good header but still to build up strength for the leap, loud (though young on that team) and - most important - his head was cool and in the game.

The imponderable was pace - he was never asked to open up, so I can't comment.

The downside on the day was that he didn't like a tackle. But we might put that down to instructions (stay on your feet) or maybe nerves being so young on the pitch that day. But, apart from slight thing to be confirmed later, he has it.

I'd love to see more of him. An exciting prospect.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Charlie gubbins on 21:45 - Apr 9 with 1871 viewsnix

Charlie gubbins on 21:37 - Apr 9 by BrianMcCarthy

As Smegma will tell you, I have a little football-crush on this lad.

I saw him once on a trip to England and in a team of elders he caught the eye.

He was cool, composed, nice positioning, all left foot, good long-range pass (though I thought on that day he went long too often), good header but still to build up strength for the leap, loud (though young on that team) and - most important - his head was cool and in the game.

The imponderable was pace - he was never asked to open up, so I can't comment.

The downside on the day was that he didn't like a tackle. But we might put that down to instructions (stay on your feet) or maybe nerves being so young on the pitch that day. But, apart from slight thing to be confirmed later, he has it.

I'd love to see more of him. An exciting prospect.

Good to hear the positives Brian.

Hunter I agree, Chris Ramsey obviously popular and highly thought of in the game.
Charlie gubbins on 22:49 - Apr 9 with 1788 viewsbob566

Charlie gubbins on 20:51 - Apr 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Lovely. Nice one Nix

Would love to hear what Smegma thinks. Back up for Barbet if passing is his thing?

After masterson. Good to hear though.
Charlie gubbins on 23:03 - Apr 9 with 1781 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Charlie gubbins on 22:49 - Apr 9 by bob566

After masterson. Good to hear though.

Was thinking more for his left foot, but yeah can be our 4th CB if we only have 3 senior CBs at the moment.
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie gubbins on 05:03 - Apr 10 with 1685 viewssmegma

Charlie gubbins on 20:51 - Apr 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Lovely. Nice one Nix

Joe comes from a decent family, his dad and brother are regulars at Harlington for under 23 games. His dad also travels all over the country watching our under 23s. We were due to meet up at Ipswich this afternoon. The day of the Swansea cup game, I got a call from his dad half hour before kick off and I knew what he was about to tell me. Him and his wife were so excited and rightly so. I met them before the game and we sat together in SAR in the second half. Their faces were a picture as Joe warmed up on the touchline. I took a picture as he came on and put it on facebook. Ive never seen bigger grins in my life. As his mum put it " if he nevers plays another game in his life, I was there when he made his professional debut". His dad also told me the story of them framing his shirt and showing it to him on his next visit home. He wasn't that fussed apparently but he is a very level headed kid.
He has impressed the past 3 seasons at all levels. Never wellies the ball, keeps calm under pressure and pops up with a few goals from defence. Great left foot and a decent passer of the ball. Reminds me of Steve Wicks.
Charlie gubbins on 10:14 - Apr 10 with 1535 viewsderbyhoop

Given our financial difficulties, he's exactly the sort of player we need to bring through. He may not have been good enough for Southampton (3 years ago), but with guidance from Ramsey et al he could develop into a first team player.

I noriced him and nathan Carlyle coming through together. Carlyle went on loan but we kept Gubbins in house.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Charlie gubbins on 10:41 - Apr 10 with 1496 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Charlie gubbins on 10:14 - Apr 10 by derbyhoop

Given our financial difficulties, he's exactly the sort of player we need to bring through. He may not have been good enough for Southampton (3 years ago), but with guidance from Ramsey et al he could develop into a first team player.

I noriced him and nathan Carlyle coming through together. Carlyle went on loan but we kept Gubbins in house.

Eze wasn’t good enough for Millwall four years ago.
Charlie gubbins on 15:41 - Apr 10 with 1351 viewssmegma

Charlie gubbins on 10:41 - Apr 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Eze wasn’t good enough for Millwall four years ago.

Paul Wanchope wasn't good enough for Stewart Houston. Cantona wasn't good enough for Trevor Francis/Sheffield Wednesday.
Charlie gubbins on 15:50 - Apr 10 with 1339 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Charlie gubbins on 15:41 - Apr 10 by smegma

Paul Wanchope wasn't good enough for Stewart Houston. Cantona wasn't good enough for Trevor Francis/Sheffield Wednesday.

Didn’t the Southampton chairman blow out Henry or someone because they didn’t wear a tie to a meeting?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024