Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite cider 15:03 - Apr 18 with 2714 viewsdickythorpe

Favourite cider on 09:05 - Apr 19 with 814 viewsProfessor

Favourite cider on 20:16 - Apr 18 by monmouth

My favourite too, but not by enough to pay the ridiculous cost of it.

I'll happily drink Lidl or Aldi gutrot. I'm not exactly a cider connoisseur. Lidl 'vintage' at 1.29 a bottle is nice too I think.

Usually 3 for a fiver. Not that expensive really.

I like Gwynt y Ddraig ‘Black Dragon’ and
Dunkerton’s ‘Black Fox’ best. Love Breton and Norman cidre too. Spanish ciders from Asturias and Galicia are a bit too astringent. Not keen on American ‘Angry Orchard’ either.
Weston’s and Thatchers are OK, but Carling,
Magners and Strongbow are vile. Oak aged Weston’s is a good one to try.

‘Rough’ or more properly ‘Bulmer’s Traditional’ was serious loony juice. So cheap,
Was still only 90p a pint in 1990 in many working men’s clubs. Made the mistake of drinking it with black currant cordial once. Thought I had intestinal haemorrhaging the next day
Favourite cider on 09:13 - Apr 19 with 803 viewsscruffyjack

Merrydown dry cider, delicious but with a kick like a mule 7.5% ABV!
Favourite cider on 09:19 - Apr 19 with 795 viewsMrSwerve

Favourite cider on 09:05 - Apr 19 by Professor

Usually 3 for a fiver. Not that expensive really.

I like Gwynt y Ddraig ‘Black Dragon’ and
Dunkerton’s ‘Black Fox’ best. Love Breton and Norman cidre too. Spanish ciders from Asturias and Galicia are a bit too astringent. Not keen on American ‘Angry Orchard’ either.
Weston’s and Thatchers are OK, but Carling,
Magners and Strongbow are vile. Oak aged Weston’s is a good one to try.

‘Rough’ or more properly ‘Bulmer’s Traditional’ was serious loony juice. So cheap,
Was still only 90p a pint in 1990 in many working men’s clubs. Made the mistake of drinking it with black currant cordial once. Thought I had intestinal haemorrhaging the next day

Was just going to post that Gwynt y Ddraig is my personal favourite at the moment. Lovely stuff. Had one last night.

Also quite lethal at 6%, goes down a treat, too.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Favourite cider on 09:29 - Apr 19 with 782 viewsJackfath

Favourite cider on 19:03 - Apr 18 by Flashberryjack

You can't beat a glass or two of Old Rosie on a warm summer day/evening.

Now you're talking.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Favourite cider on 09:46 - Apr 19 with 762 viewstaffpunk

Favourite cider on 21:07 - Apr 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

Reminds me of a trip a couple of us made to Slapton Sands many years ago. We went to a small pub that made its own cider. The landlord looked at me suspiciously when I asked for a pint of scrumpy. He eventually agreed that I could have a half if I drank it over 20 mins, we had a few of these over the evening. We could not remember much about the evening in the morning but one of us had a cracking black eye.

About a dozen of us went on a camping holiday to Cornwall in the early 80's, all aged between about 17 and 21. Nearest Pub was called The Wreckers Arms, up I strode to the bar, saw they sold scrumpy which I was used to drinking in my local. Ordered 4 for me and a few mates, landlord looked at me suspiciously, as did a few locals. Took a mouthful, got about as far as my chest, then started to come straight back up, had to swallow frantically to keep it down, it was so strong, the others all do the same. Sheepishly back to the bar all asking for a dash of either black or orange, with the locals chuckling. 4 pints later, we were out of it, I have absolutely no recollection of getting back to the camp site. Cornish 'rough' was completely different to the one that was sold in the Pubs and Clubs of the Rhondda.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 10:45]

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Favourite cider on 10:31 - Apr 19 with 734 viewsstevethejack

Rattler from the tap in Cornwall is very nice (not so great bottled).

Popped into a pub lunch tine, had four, to be told afterwards only the locals can manage 3 at most at lunchtime.

Savanah, a South African cider is gorgeous, not easily found though, Asda sometimes and very occasionally at B&M.
Favourite cider on 01:17 - Apr 20 with 679 viewsGlyn1

Favourite cider on 21:50 - Apr 18 by airedale

If you’ve never drunk it, how you know it’s horrid mwsh?

Just asking like.

"I've never drunk a pint of cider in my life." So maybe he managed a half before realising the error of his ways. I drink it in summer but not in winter, no idea why.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 1:20]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Favourite cider on 06:12 - Apr 20 with 647 viewsblackpooljack

Favourite cider on 01:28 - Apr 19 by DJack

"but my Mrs loves a Dickens. "...is that a euphenism?

Bet she loves Cummings too in that case tho some may find it a little bit salty.
Login to get fewer ads

Favourite cider on 14:36 - Apr 20 with 574 viewspikeypaul

Apple cider vinegar, preferably Bragg’s but whichever make sure it contains “The Mother”

Apple cider vinegar 2tbs,sliced Lemon peeled,raw honey teaspoon,and boiling water.

One of the reasons I look 15 years younger than I am .
[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 14:38]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Favourite cider on 14:40 - Apr 20 with 572 viewsItchySphincter

Favourite cider on 21:50 - Apr 18 by airedale

If you’ve never drunk it, how you know it’s horrid mwsh?

Just asking like.

Tried it, never finished a pint.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Favourite cider on 15:36 - Apr 20 with 555 viewsWxmJax

Favourite cider on 10:31 - Apr 19 by stevethejack

Rattler from the tap in Cornwall is very nice (not so great bottled).

Popped into a pub lunch tine, had four, to be told afterwards only the locals can manage 3 at most at lunchtime.

Savanah, a South African cider is gorgeous, not easily found though, Asda sometimes and very occasionally at B&M.

According to Asda, Savannah is brewed in Belgium under license, just like so many other beers.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 15:42]

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Favourite cider on 16:55 - Apr 20 with 522 viewskarnataka

Spoilt for choice around where I live in Somerset. There are 3 commercial cider farms within a few miles plus a few that make it in small non - commercial quantities where you take your own jugs or bottles and they fill them up. I'm pretty sure you could run a tractor on some of it! Every autumn there are several cider festivals and for years one of them always uses one of the fields next to our house as a campsite and although there are bands & other things going on there over the weekend, they always stop at a sensible time and everything is extremely well behaved.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024