Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The London cup 20:20 - May 2 with 2411 viewsLowerloftLad

When football finally returns club's will need a few games to get back up to some match fitness. Wouldn't it make sense to play local rivals to keep travel down ect
I wonder if some of the London sides would be up for a small cup competition ?
[Post edited 2 May 2020 20:21]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

The London cup on 21:45 - May 2 with 2343 viewsDannyPaddox

I like the sound of this. Friendlies can be a bit aimless. A London Cup tournament would give them focus and a bit more edge. And as you say a chance for the players to get match fit before the major competitions start up again.

There used to be a London Challenge Cup which ran until the early 70s. It was more of a reserve team thing but I still like the sound of resurrecting it. We won the old one four times. Twice in the 30s and then again in 1955 beating Brentford 2-1. The last time we won it was in 1965 thrashing Arsenal 4-0 in the Final. Sanderson, Collins, Roger Morgan, and Mick Leach got the goals.
The game was played at Highbury too.

Of course this would be the perfect format to introduce Klaxon Law.
The London cup on 22:38 - May 2 with 2304 viewsrsonist

The London cup on 00:23 - May 3 with 2253 viewsBoston

The London cup on 21:45 - May 2 by DannyPaddox

I like the sound of this. Friendlies can be a bit aimless. A London Cup tournament would give them focus and a bit more edge. And as you say a chance for the players to get match fit before the major competitions start up again.

There used to be a London Challenge Cup which ran until the early 70s. It was more of a reserve team thing but I still like the sound of resurrecting it. We won the old one four times. Twice in the 30s and then again in 1955 beating Brentford 2-1. The last time we won it was in 1965 thrashing Arsenal 4-0 in the Final. Sanderson, Collins, Roger Morgan, and Mick Leach got the goals.
The game was played at Highbury too.

Of course this would be the perfect format to introduce Klaxon Law.

Didn't we have enough of the Danes and the Jutes...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The London cup on 04:58 - May 3 with 2225 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Given the amount of teams in London, might a West London Cup work better?

Obviously you’d prefer to play North Greenford in the final, so hopefully we’d avoid them in the draw and get Brentford or Fulham as our semifinal game.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The London cup on 11:42 - May 3 with 2094 viewsDannyPaddox

The London cup on 00:23 - May 3 by Boston

Didn't we have enough of the Danes and the Jutes...

The Danes and the Jutes. Stuffed em both over two legs in the 70s. It was the Greek fire that got us.
The London cup on 13:55 - May 3 with 2036 viewsLazyFan

What about the London Masters, sure its a kick about. But its indoors and can be crowd controlled and camera friendly.

People will take anything they can get now and this will ease everyone into the new way of watching football until one magically we can return to bench standing.

I know fantastically wild stuff!

zzzzzzzzzz

The London cup on 17:58 - May 3 with 1978 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The London cup on 13:55 - May 3 by LazyFan

What about the London Masters, sure its a kick about. But its indoors and can be crowd controlled and camera friendly.

People will take anything they can get now and this will ease everyone into the new way of watching football until one magically we can return to bench standing.

I know fantastically wild stuff!

I went to one once that QPR won!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024