Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 191727 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:49 - Dec 8 with 1196 viewsKilkennyjack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:23 - Dec 8 by Professor

But in the Real World

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/08/politics/supreme-court-pennsylvania-trump-bid

As expected.

Only AFD and Trump believe tbis crapp.

Beware of the Risen People

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:51 - Dec 8 with 1192 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:23 - Dec 8 by Professor

But in the Real World

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/08/politics/supreme-court-pennsylvania-trump-bid

With no noted dissent.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:53 - Dec 8 with 1190 viewsA_Fans_Dad

But in the Real World

I take it that you do understand that the Pennsylvania Supreme Court is not "The Supreme Court"?
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:54 - Dec 8 with 1189 viewsmajorraglan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:10 - Dec 8 by A_Fans_Dad

Coming home to roost.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 18:13]

Where do you find these sites.

There are lots of articles on line warning Direct TB is an unreliable source of information, false news etc.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:56 - Dec 8 with 1185 viewsmajorraglan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:53 - Dec 8 by A_Fans_Dad

I take it that you do understand that the Pennsylvania Supreme Court is not "The Supreme Court"?

It’s not, it was the SCOTUS hearing a case filed by the PA Republican Governor.

https://abcnews.go.com/
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 22:56]
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:57 - Dec 8 with 1182 viewsProfessor

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:53 - Dec 8 by A_Fans_Dad

No that is the US Supreme Court. NOT a state
Court. But I expect all the propaganda networks have not broadcast this.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:02 - Dec 8 with 1176 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:30 - Dec 7 by Groo

Erm, as I wrote on page 107 of this waste of a thread.

Mr Sterling said the suitcases were moved across a room as “normal procedure”, and that there was nothing “odd” about the process, because poll workers were tasked with scanning the ballots once observers and vote counters had left the State Farm Arena.

“If you look at the videotape, the work you see is the work you would expect, which is you take the sealed suitcase, you place the ballots on the scanner in manageable batches and you scan them,” Mr Sterling said.

Frances Watson, the chief investigator for Georgia’s secretary of state, told Lead Stories that Republican and Trump campaign observers were not told to leave, and that the ballots scanned in the surveillance video had already been counted, in contrast to Mr Giuliani and Ms Pick’s assertions.

You could ask who is Mr Sterling, just like the pretend US election analyst MrP asked.

A Republican senior election official in Georgia, Gabriel Sterling.

CLAIM: Poll workers and partisan observers were told to leave Atlanta’s State Farm Arena on election night, but four election workers stayed behind, pulled suitcases full of ballots out from under a table, and scanned them after hours without any supervision.

THE FACTS: The video doesn’t show evidence of fraud, much less the “SMOKING GUN” evidence that Trump’s legal team claims on social media.

No one told observers they had to leave, and both an independent monitor and an investigator oversaw the vote count, according to state and county officials. Confusion arose when election workers thought they were done for the night, but then were instructed to continue scanning ballots. But investigators who reviewed the entire surveillance tape confirmed it showed “normal ballot processing,” according to Gabriel Sterling, a top official in the secretary of state’s office.

This video was rebuked many days ago, seems they kept you out of the picture.

Thats why I don't rush to condemn the videos you pop up. I wait for the Republican officials to do that.

Well what do you know Sterling lied and Frances Watson lied as well.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:05 - Dec 8 with 1173 viewsmajorraglan

Interesting take n events from Seth Meyers.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2020/dec/08/seth-meyers-donald-trump-coup-la
Login to get fewer ads

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:10 - Dec 8 with 1165 viewsJoe_bradshaw

SCOTUS unanimously slaps Trump down.

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/politics-nation/2020/12/08/Pa-officials-kathy-

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:32 - Dec 8 with 1143 viewsAndyCole

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 13:19 - Dec 3 by Professor

That’s etymology though, not linguistics. Derivation of a word. Linguistics in language.
Subtle difference. Greek I reckon in this case. Acro normally defines something being tall (like acromegaly- being very tall) and nym is name. Like pseudonym which is literally false name. Fascist of course comes from fascia- a bundle of sticks. Symbol of power in Rome. Latin and 30 plus years in biology is good for working these out.

Another dollop of delicious irony from the faux self-styled intellectuals/academics.

"Fascist comes from Fascia" (boarding). Ridiculously hilarious and couldn't possibly be a typo. "30 plus years.... is good for working these out".

Academics hey - "not of practical relevance; of only theoretical interest - the debate has been largely academic". Out of touch with the real world.

Goes to show

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:44 - Dec 8 with 1127 viewsProfessor

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:32 - Dec 8 by AndyCole

Another dollop of delicious irony from the faux self-styled intellectuals/academics.

"Fascist comes from Fascia" (boarding). Ridiculously hilarious and couldn't possibly be a typo. "30 plus years.... is good for working these out".

Academics hey - "not of practical relevance; of only theoretical interest - the debate has been largely academic". Out of touch with the real world.

Goes to show

Also describes structure like muscle, which have a bundle-like structure and the ‘flesh eating’ disease necrotising fasciitis caused by Streptococci. The fasces of fascia were the symbol of legislative power in Rome and adopted by Mussolini.

Just interesting. So you know where your name is derived.

Practical-no. But most of my work is. Sad and jealous methinks.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:46 - Dec 8 with 1125 viewsProfessor

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:32 - Dec 8 by AndyCole

Goes to show

And your contribution to society is? Just academic interest
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:22 - Dec 9 with 1114 viewsAndyCole

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 16:05 - Dec 3 by Lohengrin

” Fascist of course comes from fascia...”

Blimey! I do hope that’s a typo, Prof!? The term Fascist derives from the ‘Fasces.’ The bundle of rods bound together with an axe that the Licters of Rome would parade before the courts. It’s one of antiquity’s most recognisable symbols and you see it everywhere in the West to this day. From the House of Commons to the Old Bailey; from the US Senate building to the Lincoln Memorial. It’s the physical representation of ‘strength through unity.’ Mussolini may have made obsessive use of it but it wasn’t his.

“Fascia”on the other hand are guttering boards!

It's all academic though, apparently. The Professor says so.

Goes to show.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:03 - Dec 9 with 1099 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:22 - Dec 9 by AndyCole

Goes to show.

Awwwww, ain't you cute! Flinging faeces, thinking you are clever.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:24 - Dec 9 with 1090 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:22 - Dec 9 by AndyCole

Goes to show.

People really don’t understand the words they use these days.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 07:24 - Dec 9 with 1032 viewsHighjack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:44 - Dec 8 by Professor

Also describes structure like muscle, which have a bundle-like structure and the ‘flesh eating’ disease necrotising fasciitis caused by Streptococci. The fasces of fascia were the symbol of legislative power in Rome and adopted by Mussolini.

Just interesting. So you know where your name is derived.

Practical-no. But most of my work is. Sad and jealous methinks.

That’s just a common misconception. It actually comes from John “Fash the Bash” Fashanu. For example, Ulrika Johnson was clearly a massive Fashist on the set of gladiators.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 07:57 - Dec 9 with 1023 viewsHighjack

I sat and watched a few of the testimonies of various counters, election workers and poll watchers at a hearing in Michigan yesterday via the You Tube and putting the fraud allegations to one side for a moment the running theme was a picture painted of completely chaotic counting centres with nobody seeming to know the correct processes, having hardly any training and officials more concerned with getting everything done as quickly as possible rather than as correctly as possible. Dismissing any concerns without checks etc.

If anything comes from the fallout of this election they need to look at their processes to stop this sort of nonsense in the future. We don’t seem to have any of these problems here. Everyone seems to know what they’re doing, the counting process is highly efficient. Over there the feeling I get is people are just dragged in off the streets and chucked straight in.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 11:10]

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 11:31 - Dec 9 with 977 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:56 - Dec 8 by majorraglan

It’s not, it was the SCOTUS hearing a case filed by the PA Republican Governor.

https://abcnews.go.com/
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 22:56]

I stand corrected, the other case thrown out was the Pensilvania court.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 11:33 - Dec 9 with 976 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:05 - Dec 8 by majorraglan

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2020/dec/08/seth-meyers-donald-trump-coup-la

Please do not use the Guardian as a source to try and convince me of anything.

Your fellow posters will appreciate it though.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 11:35 - Dec 9 with 975 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:54 - Dec 8 by majorraglan

Where do you find these sites.

There are lots of articles on line warning Direct TB is an unreliable source of information, false news etc.

Any news source that actually tells the truth is branded a "false news " site by the mass media, I thought you new that.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 11:36 - Dec 9 with 973 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:49 - Dec 8 by Kilkennyjack

As expected.

Only AFD and Trump believe tbis crapp.

And about 80 million Americans.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 11:44 - Dec 9 with 971 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Another court case thrown out, this one was to preserve Electoral data that is being destroyed by the Michigan Governor and the Electorial Commission.
Ask yourself why the commission wishes to destroy voting data, which is supposed to be kept for 22 months.

https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/45/2020/12/Leaf-v-Whitm
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 11:45]
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 11:50 - Dec 9 with 964 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The so called "Texas Lawsuit" now includes Missouri, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Alabama, Arkansas, & Florida.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:14 - Dec 9 with 949 viewsnantywatcher

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:05 - Dec 8 by majorraglan

What a job Biden has on his hands. 15 million covid cases in the US and the "leader" is nowhere to be seen. In the last 4/5 years Trump has transformed a strong nation into the laughing stock of the world (travelled to 15/16 countries over three continents in that time and the orange simpleton is 100% universally regarded as a joke.) Biden will need an awful lot more than 4/5 years to sort this mess out.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:22 - Dec 9 with 942 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:14 - Dec 9 by nantywatcher

What a job Biden has on his hands. 15 million covid cases in the US and the "leader" is nowhere to be seen. In the last 4/5 years Trump has transformed a strong nation into the laughing stock of the world (travelled to 15/16 countries over three continents in that time and the orange simpleton is 100% universally regarded as a joke.) Biden will need an awful lot more than 4/5 years to sort this mess out.

You seem to have trouble with reality, Biden can barely tie his shoe laces, let alone run the USA.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024