Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 201801 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 13:26 - Dec 9 with 1208 viewsHumpty

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:54 - Dec 8 by majorraglan

Where do you find these sites.

There are lots of articles on line warning Direct TB is an unreliable source of information, false news etc.

Bless him.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/disclose-tv/

Scores high for pseudoscience. No wonder he likes it.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:09 - Dec 9 with 1174 viewsGroo

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 07:57 - Dec 9 by Highjack

I sat and watched a few of the testimonies of various counters, election workers and poll watchers at a hearing in Michigan yesterday via the You Tube and putting the fraud allegations to one side for a moment the running theme was a picture painted of completely chaotic counting centres with nobody seeming to know the correct processes, having hardly any training and officials more concerned with getting everything done as quickly as possible rather than as correctly as possible. Dismissing any concerns without checks etc.

If anything comes from the fallout of this election they need to look at their processes to stop this sort of nonsense in the future. We don’t seem to have any of these problems here. Everyone seems to know what they’re doing, the counting process is highly efficient. Over there the feeling I get is people are just dragged in off the streets and chucked straight in.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 11:10]

Think that more or less sums it up for me.

What we are seeing is the chaotic result of any US election. The issues raised are no doubt the same in every US election, each election may have slightly different concerns based on the issues of the day and the changing technology used, but they do suffer these issues every election.

The main difference this year is the way the loser has reacted. If anything his reaction may spur a movement to actual change in the future.

Part of the problem to me is the fact that each State have their own rules, some are better than others, some more efficient.

There's no common rules or guides.

Groo does what Groo does best

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 15:33 - Dec 9 with 1134 viewsnantywatcher

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:22 - Dec 9 by A_Fans_Dad

You seem to have trouble with reality, Biden can barely tie his shoe laces, let alone run the USA.

Compared to Trump, Biden is a genius, so good to watch someone with an intellect and intelligence to match the demands of the job.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 15:36 - Dec 9 with 1134 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:09 - Dec 9 by Groo

What we are seeing is the chaotic result of any US election. The issues raised are no doubt the same in every US election, each election may have slightly different concerns based on the issues of the day and the changing technology used, but they do suffer these issues every election.

The main difference this year is the way the loser has reacted. If anything his reaction may spur a movement to actual change in the future.

Part of the problem to me is the fact that each State have their own rules, some are better than others, some more efficient.

Of course there are rules and guidelines, that is one of the things they are accused of changing without senate approval.
It is also something that they have broken according to hundreds of affidavits that you do not believe and what the Texas lawsuit is all about.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 16:07 - Dec 9 with 1127 viewslondonlisa2001

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 11:50 - Dec 9 by A_Fans_Dad

The so called "Texas Lawsuit" now includes Missouri, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Alabama, Arkansas, & Florida.

That’s a lawsuit from Pennsylvania.

It says so quite clearly in the link you’ve posted.

Im amazed you never spot these ‘mistakes’ given the amount of research you claim you do. Someone who didn’t know better would think it’s almost as if you post any old nonsense that the twitter idiots make up.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 16:25 - Dec 9 with 1113 viewslondonlisa2001

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 15:36 - Dec 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Of course there are rules and guidelines, that is one of the things they are accused of changing without senate approval.
It is also something that they have broken according to hundreds of affidavits that you do not believe and what the Texas lawsuit is all about.

Most seem to say that what the Texas lawsuit is about is a politician with several corruption charges hanging over his head trying to curry favour with a lame duck president to get himself a pardon before Biden takes office.

Texas themselves apparently changed their voting rules btw.

I imagine this is now ‘the Kraken’. It’s confusing, as Pennsylvania was ‘the Kraken’ up until the Supreme Court said ‘sod off’ yesterday. How many of these mythical beasts are still to be found until Trump is no longer able to extort money from the terminally stupid?

Lol.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 17:27 - Dec 9 with 1091 viewsFireboy2

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 16:25 - Dec 9 by londonlisa2001

Most seem to say that what the Texas lawsuit is about is a politician with several corruption charges hanging over his head trying to curry favour with a lame duck president to get himself a pardon before Biden takes office.

I imagine this is now ‘the Kraken’. It’s confusing, as Pennsylvania was ‘the Kraken’ up until the Supreme Court said ‘sod off’ yesterday. How many of these mythical beasts are still to be found until Trump is no longer able to extort money from the terminally stupid?

Lol.

'Terminally stupid' 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 17:39 - Dec 9 with 1086 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 16:25 - Dec 9 by londonlisa2001

Lol.

There definitely seems to be a swell of Republicans asking when the smoking gun is coming.
Login to get fewer ads

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 17:44 - Dec 9 with 1084 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 16:07 - Dec 9 by londonlisa2001

That’s a lawsuit from Pennsylvania.

It says so quite clearly in the link you’ve posted.

Im amazed you never spot these ‘mistakes’ given the amount of research you claim you do. Someone who didn’t know better would think it’s almost as if you post any old nonsense that the twitter idiots make up.

Yes of course it includes the Republicans of Pennsylvania, why wouldn't it?
The law suit is against the Secretary of State Kathey Boockvar. Which Texas is taking over from, along with probably another 9 states.
Would you prefer the Texas one?
https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/sites/default/files/images/admin/2020/Press
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:10 - Dec 9 with 1067 viewsBadgeman

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 17:44 - Dec 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes of course it includes the Republicans of Pennsylvania, why wouldn't it?
The law suit is against the Secretary of State Kathey Boockvar. Which Texas is taking over from, along with probably another 9 states.
Would you prefer the Texas one?
https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/sites/default/files/images/admin/2020/Press

Curious that the Texas solicitor general isn't involved in this case, no?

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:25 - Dec 9 with 1056 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:10 - Dec 9 by Badgeman

Curious that the Texas solicitor general isn't involved in this case, no?

It is being brought by the AG himself as you must be aware.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:31 - Dec 9 with 1048 viewsmajorraglan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 11:33 - Dec 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Please do not use the Guardian as a source to try and convince me of anything.

Your fellow posters will appreciate it though.

I wasn’t, I just put it there to offer an alternative perspective. The Guardian isn’t my first choice of news paper by any stretch of the imagination, but it is a very well regarded newspaper when it comes to investigative journalism. It’s far more credible than some of the guff sites you refer to.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:31 - Dec 9 with 1047 viewsBadgeman

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:25 - Dec 9 by A_Fans_Dad

It is being brought by the AG himself as you must be aware.

What does that have to do with it? When a state argues its case in the Supreme Court isn't it typically argued by the states Solicitor General. Why isn't that happening in this instance?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:32 - Dec 9 with 1047 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Surely not another case of "no evidence"

https://www.walb.com/2020/12/08/letter-coffee-co-cannot-certify-results-second-s
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:44 - Dec 9 with 1022 viewsmajorraglan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:32 - Dec 9 by A_Fans_Dad

https://www.walb.com/2020/12/08/letter-coffee-co-cannot-certify-results-second-s

It’s come a month after the election from a very Republican area.

If it’s the case it’s gone Pete tong, take their results off the totals. If the voting for the other positions is replicated, Trump loses 8.5k votes and Biden 3.5k votes and the laters margins increase.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:47 - Dec 9 with 1020 viewsBadgeman

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:32 - Dec 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Is this the same Coffee County where Trump got 10500 votes and Joe Biden got 4500 votes? What evidence have they provided which suggests that either vote tally is fraudulent.

So the election was rigged because Coffee County couldn't certify a second recount? Have I got that right?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:56 - Dec 9 with 1013 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:47 - Dec 9 by Badgeman

Is this the same Coffee County where Trump got 10500 votes and Joe Biden got 4500 votes? What evidence have they provided which suggests that either vote tally is fraudulent.

So the election was rigged because Coffee County couldn't certify a second recount? Have I got that right?

No, the count is not reliable is what they are saying, it is not reproducible.
Now ask yourself why would it not be "reproducible".
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:02 - Dec 9 with 1004 viewsmajorraglan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:56 - Dec 9 by A_Fans_Dad

But the other areas were confident enough to certify theirs!

Only took them a month FFS. I suspect this is just more Republican fun and games. What’s going on over there is descending in to a farce.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:03 - Dec 9 with 1003 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It looks like Ruby Freeman is having to get a Lawyer as "this thing is bigger than me".
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:03 - Dec 9 with 1003 viewsHighjack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:09 - Dec 9 by Groo

Yeah I’m not convinced on the fraud thing. Obviously there will be some fraud, there always is but to do it on the scale that they are suggesting, I’m certainly not convinced.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:04 - Dec 9 with 1002 viewsBadgeman

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:56 - Dec 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Why is their first count not reliable? What evidence is there to suggest that first vote tally is wrong?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:09 - Dec 9 with 998 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:04 - Dec 9 by Badgeman

Why is their first count not reliable? What evidence is there to suggest that first vote tally is wrong?

Don't ask me, ask them. They cannot reconcile the counts which is a problem.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:10 - Dec 9 with 996 viewsA_Fans_Dad

This is total Democrat & MSM hypocrisy.

[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 19:11]
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:10 - Dec 9 with 996 viewsBadgeman

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:03 - Dec 9 by Highjack

Yeah I’m not convinced on the fraud thing. Obviously there will be some fraud, there always is but to do it on the scale that they are suggesting, I’m certainly not convinced.

Over 160 million people voted. Of course there's going to be isolated incidents of fraud as there is in every election. What is distinctly lacking is any evidence of a fraud large enough to alter the result of the election.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:12 - Dec 9 with 993 viewsBadgeman

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:09 - Dec 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Don't ask me, ask them. They cannot reconcile the counts which is a problem.

enough of a problem to alter the result of the election?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024