Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 190615 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 16:35 - Dec 15 with 1351 viewsLohengrin

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 15:43 - Dec 15 by Humpty

I've watched the recent speeches he's made and he has seemed perfectly compos mentis to me. Of course he will be inaugurated, and yes, he will take part in international negotiations.

You don't want to believe everything the Trumpies spew out you know. In fact change the word everything to anything.

And I'd rather not think about Mrs Simpson's grip thanks. Edward seemed to like it and that's the important thing.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 15:46]

Nothing to do with Trump, these are the concerns being voiced by the people around Sanders who, I think we can both agree, represents the objectively sane Left in the US.

* She drove Edward clean around the bend. That’s some dark magic right there!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 16:43 - Dec 15 with 1340 viewsHumpty

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 16:35 - Dec 15 by Lohengrin

Nothing to do with Trump, these are the concerns being voiced by the people around Sanders who, I think we can both agree, represents the objectively sane Left in the US.

* She drove Edward clean around the bend. That’s some dark magic right there!

Personally I feel it's all rather exaggerated though I may be wrong of course. Anyway we'll soon find out.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 17:07 - Dec 15 with 1324 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 16:43 - Dec 15 by Humpty

Personally I feel it's all rather exaggerated though I may be wrong of course. Anyway we'll soon find out.

That is the problem, you "feel" instead of analysing the evidence, of which there is plenty, it is not just his gaffes it is the look in his eyes at times and his shuffling gait when he doesn't realise the cameras are still on.
His periods of complete vacancy when his wife has to control him.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 17:07 - Dec 15 with 1324 viewsHighjack

I wish I hadn't googled "Singapore Grip".

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 17:21 - Dec 15 with 1314 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Well, I had a really good day yesterday I managed to trigger no less than 11 TDS sufferers to come onhere and defend their no nothing position.
Badgeman
Kilkenny, who doesn't really count because he has an outrageous position on almost all politics.
Nannywatcher
Fireboy
Johnlangy
Bradshaw
Humpty dumpty
MajorRaglan
Gwyn
Groo
Djack today
Just prof & lisa missing.

Is 11 in one day a record?
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 17:32]
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:43 - Dec 15 with 1263 viewsItchySphincter

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 17:21 - Dec 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Well, I had a really good day yesterday I managed to trigger no less than 11 TDS sufferers to come onhere and defend their no nothing position.
Badgeman
Kilkenny, who doesn't really count because he has an outrageous position on almost all politics.
Nannywatcher
Fireboy
Johnlangy
Bradshaw
Humpty dumpty
MajorRaglan
Gwyn
Groo
Djack today

Trolling is it? Well I suppose that explains it then.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:55 - Dec 15 with 1252 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:43 - Dec 15 by ItchySphincter

Trolling is it? Well I suppose that explains it then.

Yes, in this case it was return trolling.
You lot come here and troll my posts, so I returned the compliment, with one big difference.
I was providing valid information in all the posts I made yesterday, whereas most of the time you lot just come on here to throw insults.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:28 - Dec 15 with 1222 viewsItchySphincter

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:55 - Dec 15 by A_Fans_Dad

You lot come here and troll my posts, so I returned the compliment, with one big difference.
I was providing valid information in all the posts I made yesterday, whereas most of the time you lot just come on here to throw insults.

You make it sound as if we have to be invited to post on here. Most of us have been posting here a lot longer than you have sunshine.

When you post something valid I’ll let you know.

Did you see the Republican leader of the senate, Mitch McConnell today?

Next!!!!!😂

Login to get fewer ads

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:31 - Dec 15 with 1185 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:28 - Dec 15 by ItchySphincter

You make it sound as if we have to be invited to post on here. Most of us have been posting here a lot longer than you have sunshine.

Next!!!!!😂

No I did not say I invited anybody.
I triggered a response by posting new information that I knew you would all hate and could not help yourselves responding to by ganging up on me and it worked a treat.

So now you are not are the sole arbitor of what is and isn't valid news or information..
How bloody pretentious of you.
I only have one thing to say to that and the second word is off.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:34 - Dec 15 with 1181 viewsFireboy2

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:28 - Dec 15 by ItchySphincter

Next!!!!!😂

Valid is the appropriate word.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:39 - Dec 15 with 1178 viewsKilkennyjack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 17:21 - Dec 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Badgeman
Nannywatcher
Fireboy
Johnlangy
Bradshaw
Humpty dumpty
MajorRaglan
Gwyn
Groo
Djack today

Badge of honour that .... ✅

Btw Putin has congratulated Sleepy Joe.

Things you love to see .... 🇺🇸 🇷🇺 ❤️

Beware of the Risen People

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:22 - Dec 15 with 1154 viewsHumpty

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:31 - Dec 15 by A_Fans_Dad

I triggered a response by posting new information that I knew you would all hate and could not help yourselves responding to by ganging up on me and it worked a treat.

So now you are not are the sole arbitor of what is and isn't valid news or information..

Lol. I don't hate the "information" you provide. Far from it, it amuses me greatly. Before you came along I only used to read about people like you, now I can read it directly.

And BTW, I was not reacting to anything you posted. If you look again, Lohengrin and I were already discussing Biden after he asked me for my view.

And ganging up? Bless. You don't half love playing the victim do you?
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:17 - Dec 15 with 1122 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:22 - Dec 15 by Humpty

Lol. I don't hate the "information" you provide. Far from it, it amuses me greatly. Before you came along I only used to read about people like you, now I can read it directly.

And BTW, I was not reacting to anything you posted. If you look again, Lohengrin and I were already discussing Biden after he asked me for my view.

And ganging up? Bless. You don't half love playing the victim do you?

What do you usually call 11 to 1 odds?
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:40 - Dec 15 with 1103 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:31 - Dec 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Oh dear.

No you stated that Military Intelligence were now involved... they aren't and the guy is an ex Army mechanic.

The only one with TDS is you.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:39 - Dec 16 with 1091 viewsJack123

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:40 - Dec 15 by DJack

Oh dear.

No you stated that Military Intelligence were now involved... they aren't and the guy is an ex Army mechanic.

Happened to take a quick look, And I saw the letters TDS, I'd never heard of that before

Trump Derangement Syndrome ??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_derangement_syndrome#:~:text=Trump%20derange

Hmm, this is on wiki in weeks of Trump getting ousted..

For what it's worth, IMO trump has been robbed, it's in plain sight.

libera nos a malo

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 06:35 - Dec 16 with 1039 viewsFireboy2

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:39 - Dec 16 by Jack123

Happened to take a quick look, And I saw the letters TDS, I'd never heard of that before

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_derangement_syndrome#:~:text=Trump%20derange

Now theres a surprise, are you feeling sorry for your mate? Ahh bless.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 08:49 - Dec 16 with 1016 viewsmajorraglan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:39 - Dec 16 by Jack123

He’s lost on the electoral colleges votes and by more than 7 million in the “popular vote”.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:03 - Dec 16 with 1010 viewsItchySphincter

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣😂

👍

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 10:04 - Dec 16 with 985 viewsjohnlangy

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:55 - Dec 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Actually I didn't throw any insults. I just said roll on 20th Jan and Joe's inauguration.

Is that trolling ?
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:20 - Dec 16 with 966 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 10:04 - Dec 16 by johnlangy

Actually I didn't throw any insults. I just said roll on 20th Jan and Joe's inauguration.

Is that trolling ?

Did I specifically say you in particular had, I am talking historic comments, which I don't remember you even being part of.
I don't know if you were trolling or not from your comment, only you know that.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:28 - Dec 16 with 961 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:40 - Dec 15 by DJack

Oh dear.

As usual you do not bother to read follow up posts.
See my post at 11.17 yesterday where I linked to the new Law Suit that quotes ""Military Intelligence electronic intelligence analysts ".
Plural.

Perhaps you should actually read the document before showing just how bad your TDS is.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:32 - Dec 16 with 959 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 08:49 - Dec 16 by majorraglan

He’s lost on the electoral colleges votes and by more than 7 million in the “popular vote”.

Only if you exclude all the votes which were flipped, duplicated and outright illegal etc.
Which of course there is absolutley "no evidence" of, because the Courts will not allow it to be shown.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:43 - Dec 16 with 929 viewsGroo

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:32 - Dec 16 by A_Fans_Dad

Only if you exclude all the votes which were flipped, duplicated and outright illegal etc.
Which of course there is absolutley "no evidence" of, because the Courts will not allow it to be shown.

How about showing us where the court has not looked at specific evidence.

The Smoking gun video you claimed showed proof had been seen at court and rejected as what the Trump team commentry indicated was not correct to what was actually happened.

Here's a couple of rejections and who did the rejection.

1. Free, fair elections are the lifeblood of our democracy. Charges of unfairness are serious. But calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here.

Judge Stephanos Bibas, nominated to the court by Donald Trump in June 2017. He was joined in that opinion by two George W. Bush nominees, Brooks Smith and Michael Chagares.

2. We agree with the district court that Wood lacks standing to sue because he fails to allege a particularized injury. And because Georgia has already certified its election results and its slate of presidential electors, Wood’s requests for emergency relief are moot to the extent they concern the 2020 election. The Constitution makes clear that federal courts are courts of limited jurisdiction . . . we may not entertain post-election contests about garden-variety issues of vote counting and misconduct that may properly be filed in state courts.

George W. Bush appointee William Pryor, a judge who’s on Donald Trump’s short list for potential Supreme Court nominees. He was joined by Barbara Lagoa, a Trump appointee who was also on Trump’s SCOTUS list.

Then there's also the fact that they make big claims in front of the camera and then change it in front of the court.

In a recent Pennsylvania federal case, Giuliani alleged “widespread, nationwide voter fraud” in his opening remarks. But under questioning from the judge, he retreated. “This is not a fraud case,” Giuliani later admitted. In the same case, Trump lawyer Linda Kearns said explicitly that she is “not proceeding” on allegations of fraud.

In a separate state case in Montgomery County, Pa., a judge asked Trump lawyer Jonathan S. Goldstein whether he was alleging fraud. “Your honor, accusing people of fraud is a pretty big step,” Goldstein said. “And it is rare that I call somebody a liar, and I am not calling the Board of the [Democratic National Committee] or anybody else involved in this a liar. Everybody is coming to this with good faith.” The judge pressed Goldstein to answer the specific question: “Are you claiming that there is any fraud in connection with these 592 disputed ballots?” To which Goldstein replied: “To my knowledge at present, no.”

In yet another state case in Bucks County, Pa., Trump’s attorneys signed a joint stipulation of facts that explicitly admits that they are not alleging fraud, despite the President and his lawyers’ repeated public claims, according to Marc Elias, a lawyer working for Democrats on election-related cases. The stipulation of facts reads in part: “Petitioners do not allege, and there is no evidence of, any fraud in connection with the challenged ballots.” The stipulation also says they don’t allege or have evidence of “misconduct” or “impropriety” in connection with the challenged ballots.

On Thursday, a judge rejected the Trump campaign’s attempt to throw out absentee ballots in the Bucks County case, noting, “The parties specifically stipulated in their comprehensive stipulation of facts that there exists no evidence of any fraud, misconduct, or any impropriety with respect to the challenged ballots. There is nothing in the record and nothing alleged that would lead to the conclusion that any of the challenged ballots were submitted by someone not qualified or entitled to vote in this election.”

So basically its all bluff.

Groo does what Groo does best

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:46 - Dec 16 with 926 viewsGroo

Trump claim: Trump has spread claims that voting software is “used in states where tens of thousands of votes were stolen from us and given to Biden.” He said in repeated tweets that Dominion Voting Systems is “horrible, inaccurate and anything but secure,” all of which were flagged by Twitter as disputed. He retweeted a baseless report that the voting-machine system had “deleted 2.7 million Trump votes nationwide.”

Reality: There is no evidence that any voting systems were compromised, according to the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, which is part of the Department of Homeland Security. “The systems and processes used by election officials to tabulate votes and certify official results are protected by various safeguards that help ensure the accuracy of election results,” the agency notes on its “Rumor Control” page that refutes disinformation and misinformation about the accuracy of the election results. “These safeguards include measures that help ensure tabulation systems function as intended, protect against malicious software, and enable the identification and correction of any irregularities.”

The president fired the agency’s director on Nov. 17 with a tweet that carried a now-commonplace disclaimer from Twitter: “This claim about election fraud is disputed.” Christopher Krebs led successful efforts to help state and local election offices protect their systems and oversaw efforts to safeguard against foreign and domestic disinformation campaigns. He had countered the president’s unfounded claims of ballot fraud.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:47 - Dec 16 with 924 viewsGroo

Trump claim, Dec. 2: “In one Michigan county, as an example that used Dominion Systems, they found that nearly 6,000 votes had been wrongly switched. From Trump to Biden.”

Reality: “The software did not cause a misallocation of votes; it was a result of user human error,” reported Michigan’s secretary of state. “Michigan’s elections were conducted fairly, effectively and transparently and are an accurate reflection of the will of Michigan voters.”

Antrim County, which Trump won by 30 points in 2016, initially was awarded to Biden. Election officials questioned those unofficial results and found human, not machine, error. The county clerk failed to update the software used to collect voting-machine totals before sending the results. The mistake caused a discrepancy in vote tallies for a few hours, according to an explanation posted Nov. 6 on the website of Michigan’s secretary of state, and it was corrected.

An Antrim County judge on Dec. 4 ordered ballots preserved on 22 tabulation machines, which Trump attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani tweeted was a “big win for honest elections.” However, the judge was responding not to Trump campaign entreaties, but to a voter who argued that damaged ballots might have caused a village marijuana proposal to win by a single vote, the Detroit Free Press reported.

Biden won Michigan by nearly 155,000 votes. The state certified the election results on Nov. 23 and awarded Biden all 16 electoral votes.

A Michigan lawsuit led by former Trump adviser Sidney Powell that sought to decertify the results was dismissed on Dec. 7 by U.S. District Judge Linda V. Parker, who noted that the plaintiffs had not offered any proof that Dominion machines had flipped votes from Trump to Biden, but rather brought “an amalgamation of theories, conjecture and speculation that such alterations were possible.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024