Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are we so surprised? 22:25 - Oct 21 with 674 viewsbosh67

We nearly won at Bournemouth and were the better team. Not clinical enough but also solid. We've been reasonably solid.

It was inevitable that after that performance that we would screw it up tonight. It's tradition. They'll probably f*ck it up against Birmingham and Barnsley and then wallop Cardiff, Derby and Blackburn.

Had we lost heavily at Bournemouth we would have beat Preston tonight and probably Birmingham and then got smashed up at Barnsley like we usually do. Players who were world beaters one minute will be useless the next... and then wonderful and then average and awful.

Come on guys! Get with the program. This is QPR. We rarely build on a good performance and just when we look like all hope is gone, we suddenly pull off a few results and believe we will play in The Champions League and every player is worth £20m.

Doesn't matter who's in charge or what our finances are. Most years are like groundhog day one way or another. Yet we still put ourselves through it, hoping that we will one day learn to be consistent. After nearly half a century of watching I've seen very little evidence aside the odd season where 'consistency' has ever been in the QPR vocabulary.

Roll on Saturday and the 'we're doomed' 'we're shite' 'we're brilliant' 'all is well' 'all is lost' rollercoaster.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Why are we so surprised? on 08:38 - Oct 22 with 476 viewsNorthantsHoop

Exactly, well put. The fun and frustration of supporting QPR is to have those rare exciting moments of a promotion, play off final and winning against the odds. I personally think we are in a better place than for quite a few years, building our identity again. You have to keep the faith and hope for the stars to align and one of those exciting moments come again.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 8:38]
Why are we so surprised? on 08:47 - Oct 22 with 442 viewsTheChef

To be honest that could easily have been a 0-0, it was average Championship fayre served up and I don't think either keeper had a serious save to make; Preston not great by any means but as usual once they had their noses in front they knew how to manage the game. Plus point were Dieng, Dickie and Kakay. We didn't look terrible going forward but just lacked quality with our final ball.

An off night on the whole but we shouldn't dwell on it too much as there's another game on Saturday. I thought starting Carroll on the left was a negative move, get Adomah or Willock starting as we'll need to be on the front foot against Karanka's snoozeball.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024