Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This paying £10 to watch a game 15:03 - Nov 24 with 1839 viewsJohnMcCo

Amongst my QPR mates, all pretty hardcore I would say, there has been not a huge take up of this see any game for £10 deal and generally I don't see much enthusiasm for it online.

I don't get it. I reckon I would probably pay £25 a game but the tenner is definitely worth it to me to not have a dodgy feed that may or may not go bad at any time.

The vast majority of football that I watch is in the flesh, at Loftus Road, the odd away game and maybe 3-4 QPR away games a season these days. Being in Greece in the summer at the latter stages of the Champions League I watched nearly all those games and whilst the football was largely great it was a bit odd without crowds but amidst my growing resentment I decided that the "product" was not that different for the average Champions League watchers. Whereas it was me who was really being deprived here. If I watch QPR on TV I will know by face on average probably a fifth or so of QPR fans, I will know what that crowd is like because I am part of it. (Part of that club, football club as Clive said on a recent posting) They are my people, it is my team etc.

So, as much as I am desperate to get back (and I will absolutely try to be part of the 2,000 or 4,000 whatever it is) I nevertheless feel really priveliged that despite everything this dreadful virus has done I can watch QPR play, more than I ever have, since my heyday of very regular away support 20 years ago.

And of course, lots of people are in dire straits financially and that is totally fair enough but I spend nearly all my money on going out to pubs, gigs, restaurants and QPR and like many others I am sure I am still working and have a lot more disposable income than usual. In football's time of need, actually more pointedly in QPR's time of need, surely a £10 to have a lot of the experience is not a lot to ask?

Sermon over!
This paying £10 to watch a game on 16:54 - Nov 24 with 1696 viewsderbyhoop

Or buy the monthly or annual passes, which work out at better value, especially when you are watching from overseas.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

This paying £10 to watch a game on 19:46 - Nov 24 with 1476 viewsthame_hoops

Not all heroes wear capes
This paying £10 to watch a game (n/t) on 21:11 - Nov 24 with 1329 viewsAddinall

Totally agree. It's great for me in far north Norfolk. One trip to Loftus road costs at least six tenners for me.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 21:15]
This paying £10 to watch a game on 21:11 - Nov 24 with 1326 viewsBlackCrowe

Price of a couple of pints during a bleak lockdown period on a drab Tuesday night. Seems like a bargain to me.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

This paying £10 to watch a game on 21:15 - Nov 24 with 1308 viewscolinallcars

Me too. I'm not an armchair fan normally, but the club needs the money and as stated earlier in the thread, not a bad way to pass an evening.
This paying £10 to watch a game on 22:44 - Nov 24 with 1149 viewsnix

Yep, me too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024