Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Systems, players, bread and butter 09:03 - Feb 7 with 810 viewsDixie_CT

After a rather rare, workman like perfomanace, I was prompeted to have a think about the where we are at and where we could be heading.

Someone deserves some credit for going three at the back. It has changed us from weak and vunreable to strong and organised. Dickie & Barbet are effectively secondary full backs on their respective sides which provides great cover for the set of defensively weak full backs we have. With Dieng in behind & if we find a replacement for Cameron, that is a pretty effective defensive unit.

Not sure where De Wijs fits in, is it for Wallace or Cameron??

To be fair, Wallace has been a lot stronger in that formation as well and seems pretty mobile for his previous lack of mobility. One poor header aside, a decent 7/10 from him yesterday.

Niko needs a loan to League One to put some hair on his chest. At the moment he is a failing experiment but not a dead duck.

A problem with the new formation is that we now have quite a few 10s/Wingers with only one place which is Chairs. Thomas is the back up and Willock, Adomah & Shodipo don’t really fit the system unless you shoe horn them in to fullback or change up the system mid game

Ball will have to be replaced if we are to push on to the top half and we could have Amos, Bettache (play the bugger as soon as we are safe), Owens (will surely need a loan) and maybe Field, Carroll and Johansen competing for two positions.

Ball would be a decent utility option to keep as an old school number 12. Whack him on for half hour at right back, CB or CM, with the instruction of keep it solid and pass 10 yards to a player who is better on the ball. Stop those ballerina pivots son, it's just not you.

Dieng is some form of superhuman deity and should have a statue on Shepherds Bush Green, now, maybe yesterday, but definitley at some point soon.

Jury remains out on Dykes, Bonne & Kelman but we have kinda played our hand with those three and have to give them another 12 months to start making a consistent and positive impact. The three of them are not like Washington, where they are missing loads of chances but that says enough in itself. Are they not taking up effective positions? Are they getting caught offside? Are they giving away fouls? Are they not getting service? Are they coachable?

If we are safe by the end of March, which is probable if we continue this form, then Warburton should get a 12- 18 month extension. Shows how quickly it can change as I would have welcomed Paul Cook as a replacement at many points this season and whilst Warburton is never going to win charmer of the year, I think he is quite awkard and uncomfortable in the spotlight and this anxiety comes out as being bullish and antsy, he is starting to produce results, both with winning points and managing effectivley i.e. Yesterdays double sub was spot and quite well timed.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 9:08]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024