Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Arts: Pistols - There'll always be an England 01:47 - Mar 7 with 3971 viewsWatfordR

Anyone else watching?
Sky Arts: Pistols - There'll always be an England on 12:18 - Mar 8 with 687 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Sky Arts: Pistols - There'll always be an England on 20:30 - Mar 7 by kensalriser

You're not wrong about the production on LAMF. Really mars the album.

I got The Scream recently, having never had it before, although I knew all the tracks, and was struck by how rudimentary and poorly produced it is. The ideas are good and they had a unique style, but its closest peer, Penetration's Moving Targets, pisses all over it: better songs, better playing, better singing and better production.

But has it got a track even close to "Switch" on it?
I have both albums and really rate Moving Targets but much prefer The Scream. It is all opinions though isn't it.
Sky Arts: Pistols - There'll always be an England on 12:20 - Mar 8 with 687 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Sky Arts: Pistols - There'll always be an England on 21:01 - Mar 7 by Ned_Kennedys

The Saints album is great.
I’d add The Slits ‘Cut’ and Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables of course....

I agree on Fresh Fruit but it was a little later hence my non-inclusion. Another good one was Inflammable Material by SLF, again a bit later on.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 12:20]
Sky Arts: Pistols - There'll always be an England on 12:21 - Mar 8 with 686 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Sky Arts: Pistols - There'll always be an England on 10:51 - Mar 8 by MrSheen

I really liked Penetration and Pauline Murray's solo album, but The Scream has Jigsaw Feeling (!!!!!!) and Metal Postcard on it, better than anything Penetration managed.

Live at the Witch Trials and Dragnet not mentioned yet.

Live at the Witch Falls is a great album.
Crossing the Red Sea with the Averts not yet mentioned (edit corse did mention them)?
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 12:22]
Sky Arts: Pistols - There'll always be an England on 13:12 - Mar 8 with 645 viewskensalriser

Sky Arts: Pistols - There'll always be an England on 12:18 - Mar 8 by CroydonCaptJack

But has it got a track even close to "Switch" on it?
I have both albums and really rate Moving Targets but much prefer The Scream. It is all opinions though isn't it.

Yeah, three or four tracks I'd say! But it would indeed be pretty boring if we all liked the same things in the same order.

The Damned's Music For Pleasure was always a little underrated I think. Like The Clash's Give Em Enough Rope (also a second album) it was more rock than punk.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sky Arts: Pistols - There'll always be an England on 13:26 - Mar 8 with 620 viewsRedbourneR

I was surprised by how good a book Lonely Boy is, and am looking forward to the adaptation.

I've met Glen Matlock on a couple of occasions and try very hard to keep the conversation to talking about QPR (not hard) rather than go all fan-boy at him about Pretty Vacant and Anarchy ...
Sky Arts: Pistols - There'll always be an England on 14:00 - Mar 8 with 605 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Sky Arts: Pistols - There'll always be an England on 13:12 - Mar 8 by kensalriser

Yeah, three or four tracks I'd say! But it would indeed be pretty boring if we all liked the same things in the same order.

The Damned's Music For Pleasure was always a little underrated I think. Like The Clash's Give Em Enough Rope (also a second album) it was more rock than punk.

Yes, agree. Both great albums
Sky Arts: Pistols - There'll always be an England on 22:54 - Mar 8 with 503 viewsSonofNorfolt

Sky Arts: Pistols - There'll always be an England on 13:12 - Mar 8 by kensalriser

Probably because Give 'Em Enough Rope was produced by Sandy Pearlman, Blue Oyster Cult's mentor. Allen Lanier, BOC's keyboard player is an uncredited musician on it.
Sky Arts: Pistols - There'll always be an England on 23:01 - Mar 8 with 501 viewskensalriser

Sky Arts: Pistols - There'll always be an England on 22:54 - Mar 8 by SonofNorfolt

Probably because Give 'Em Enough Rope was produced by Sandy Pearlman, Blue Oyster Cult's mentor. Allen Lanier, BOC's keyboard player is an uncredited musician on it.

Yep, and Music For Pleasure was produced by Pink Floyd's Nick Mason.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024