Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charle Austin 20:06 - Mar 6 with 7758 viewsQPRSteve

I said it the other week, Charlie is reminding me more and more of Kevin Gallen in his second spell at Rangers. The way he drops back to get the ball and then spreads it out to the flank to set up an attack. Saw another example of of it today.
Charle Austin on 20:11 - Mar 6 with 4030 viewsNorthernr

Summer priorities:
- Austin, or the equivalent
- Johansen, or the equivalent
- Cameron replacement
- left wing back
Charle Austin on 20:11 - Mar 6 with 4026 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Good spot. I thought I heard Nick London say something about today being Charlie’s 100th appearance for us?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Charle Austin on 20:15 - Mar 6 with 3990 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Charle Austin on 20:11 - Mar 6 by CliveWilsonSaid

Good spot. I thought I heard Nick London say something about today being Charlie’s 100th appearance for us?

It was 53 goals.

Only three Rangers strikers have scored more in their first 100 games.

edit - source is a Jack Supple tweet. Will post later.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 20:16]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Charle Austin on 20:15 - Mar 6 with 3985 viewsqpr_1968

Charle Austin on 20:11 - Mar 6 by Northernr

Summer priorities:
- Cameron replacement
- left wing back

anyone in mind for left wing back?

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Charle Austin on 20:17 - Mar 6 with 3955 viewsted_hendrix

Only thing Charlie can't do is surf.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Charle Austin on 20:20 - Mar 6 with 3928 viewsQPRSteve

Charle Austin on 20:11 - Mar 6 by Northernr

Summer priorities:
- Cameron replacement
- left wing back

I'd add signing Sam Field to that list
Charle Austin on 20:22 - Mar 6 with 3897 viewsNorthernr

Charle Austin on 20:20 - Mar 6 by QPRSteve

I'd add signing Sam Field to that list

I think that’s basically done mate.
Charle Austin on 20:27 - Mar 6 with 3850 viewsDorse

Charle Austin on 20:17 - Mar 6 by ted_hendrix

Only thing Charlie can't do is surf.

Outstanding.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Charle Austin on 20:27 - Mar 6 with 3848 viewsQPRSteve

Charle Austin on 20:22 - Mar 6 by Northernr

I think that’s basically done mate.

I Know we supposedly have an option on him, but I worry that West Brom might change their mind, especially when they go down.
Charle Austin on 20:27 - Mar 6 with 3841 viewsVancouverHoop

Isn't Wallace our left wing back? Can we find/do we need a better one?

I'm not sure we need a Cameron replacement either, especially if De Wijs and Field are signed.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 20:28]
Charle Austin on 20:32 - Mar 6 with 3790 viewsloftus77

Charle Austin on 20:27 - Mar 6 by Dorse

Outstanding.

Get yer case of beer for that one.
Charle Austin on 20:34 - Mar 6 with 3764 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Charle Austin on 20:27 - Mar 6 by VancouverHoop

I'm not sure we need a Cameron replacement either, especially if De Wijs and Field are signed.

Well De Wijs has been here since January. This was his debut for us and he limped off at the end. Hopefully he's ok but maybe shouldn't be pinning our hopes on him yet.

Charle Austin on 20:36 - Mar 6 with 3743 viewsQPR_John

Charle Austin on 20:27 - Mar 6 by QPRSteve

I Know we supposedly have an option on him, but I worry that West Brom might change their mind, especially when they go down.

I would imagine the option is ours as to whether we make the move permanent. If West Brom had the option to change their mind then in effect we would not have an option. Johansen Is the problem we have to hope Fulham do not get relegated
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 20:41]
Charle Austin on 20:36 - Mar 6 with 3737 viewsbosh67

The Gallen comment is very good but for me he is very similar to Teddy Sheringham now. He dictates the play, doesn't rely on pac and just turns up in all the right positions. At all costs we need to keep him next season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Charle Austin on 20:37 - Mar 6 with 3724 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Charle Austin on 20:15 - Mar 6 by BrianMcCarthy

It was 53 goals.

Only three Rangers strikers have scored more in their first 100 games.

edit - source is a Jack Supple tweet. Will post later.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 20:16]

So was that his 100th appearance Brian?

Charle Austin on 20:43 - Mar 6 with 3684 viewsPBLOCK

Would love to see Austin stay longer. He’s been great and definitely isn’t finished as a quality striker. Pace was never his game so if he’s lost a yard so what

If WBA don’t take up the option and on the terms he’s said to be on they may well not, there will be countless clubs queuing for his signature

Wells is ‘on’ circa £27k at Bristol City if you believe reports and if you believe reports our top earner is less than half of that

There would be many Championship clubs prepared to hand significantly bigger money than we will and as much as we love Charlie and I truly believe he loves us, money talks.

Would also love Johansen but same applies
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 20:44]
Charle Austin on 20:46 - Mar 6 with 3652 viewsLazyFan

Charle Austin on 20:27 - Mar 6 by VancouverHoop

We need another as Wallace is old and gets injured and Niko who had promise is not there yet, even I thought he would be as I assumed he would progress like Kakay. Big assumption I got wrong :(

Field and De Wijs mean Cameron is not needed. We also have Amos to return as well. Not to mention Thomas has yet to show what he can do. Then there is Betacche who I think looks promising. If Field can do that every game, a big if as Brizzle were so poor, then Ball will be on the sub bench as Fields passing is better. Big if though as that was only one game, against poor opposition.

Wallaces turn around has been amazing and today I saw Barbet support him, which he could do as Di Wijs can look after himself and is more dominant than Cameron. in turn Dickie could support Kane. Thus our wingbacks could rampage forwards and this as much as what Warbs said in the post-match interviews.

Really we should have had 4 today as Brizzle midfield was totally overrun and then we feed the flanks and opportunity came after opportunity. They made us look good, with their midfield being so poor.

Also, their long ball was totally snuffed out by De Wijs who got better and better as the game went on. Remember this was his first start. He's just got back after an injury so, cannot be fully match fit.

My prediction is Austin will cost too much wages wise, same with the Viking. And will need to replace them and have to get a LB. Field and De Wijs will come which will mean we have enough CB's for the first time in a decade. This is very excellent recruiting progress by Evil Les and Mastermind Hoos.

zzzzzzzzzz

Charle Austin on 20:52 - Mar 6 with 3619 viewsQPRSteve

Charle Austin on 20:46 - Mar 6 by LazyFan

We need another as Wallace is old and gets injured and Niko who had promise is not there yet, even I thought he would be as I assumed he would progress like Kakay. Big assumption I got wrong :(

Field and De Wijs mean Cameron is not needed. We also have Amos to return as well. Not to mention Thomas has yet to show what he can do. Then there is Betacche who I think looks promising. If Field can do that every game, a big if as Brizzle were so poor, then Ball will be on the sub bench as Fields passing is better. Big if though as that was only one game, against poor opposition.

Wallaces turn around has been amazing and today I saw Barbet support him, which he could do as Di Wijs can look after himself and is more dominant than Cameron. in turn Dickie could support Kane. Thus our wingbacks could rampage forwards and this as much as what Warbs said in the post-match interviews.

Really we should have had 4 today as Brizzle midfield was totally overrun and then we feed the flanks and opportunity came after opportunity. They made us look good, with their midfield being so poor.

Also, their long ball was totally snuffed out by De Wijs who got better and better as the game went on. Remember this was his first start. He's just got back after an injury so, cannot be fully match fit.

My prediction is Austin will cost too much wages wise, same with the Viking. And will need to replace them and have to get a LB. Field and De Wijs will come which will mean we have enough CB's for the first time in a decade. This is very excellent recruiting progress by Evil Les and Mastermind Hoos.

Johannsen has already hinted to WLS that he might stay.

As for Charlie, maybe playing for us and enjoying his football might mean more to him than more money,
Charle Austin on 21:04 - Mar 6 with 3557 viewsBrixtonR

if we could keep this team and the way we played today*, get all of the the loans in ..all of it including almost all the squad, add a naughty left wing back when Leo needs some rest.......We could be contenders

But no silly Darren Peacock like sales otherwise it will be just the same or worse which would be silly

*I don't expect us to win every game but just for all 11 plyers to compete and play sort of football...like today, lovely!
Charle Austin on 21:31 - Mar 6 with 3445 viewsWatfordR

Charle Austin on 21:04 - Mar 6 by BrixtonR

if we could keep this team and the way we played today*, get all of the the loans in ..all of it including almost all the squad, add a naughty left wing back when Leo needs some rest.......We could be contenders

But no silly Darren Peacock like sales otherwise it will be just the same or worse which would be silly

*I don't expect us to win every game but just for all 11 plyers to compete and play sort of football...like today, lovely!

I suppose the key to all this is what the FFP terms looks like for next season and going forward.

My feeling is that without the pandemic, we'd probably have been able to sign Austin, Johansen, Field and De Wijs permanently next season and still be comfortably within FFP budgets without selling anyone. I'd expect FFP requirements to be loosened somewhat, so my gut says that should still be possible.

Holding on to Dieng may be a challenge, but if he has to go, I'd hope it would be for enough money to pick up an adequate and experienced replacement.

If we can do all that, and if one of Dykes, Bonne and Kelman can step up to provide cover for Austin, then we'll be above average in this division, and that'll mean in and around top six. IMO.
Charle Austin on 22:23 - Mar 6 with 3326 viewsdaveB

Austin has been fantastic, his all round game is so good. He has done so much better than i expected, any championship side who wants to go up next season should be trying to sign him and I hope we are at the front of that queue.

He spoken on his podcast about wanting to be a manager when he retires, make him player/coach and his wages don't go towards FFP
Charle Austin on 22:41 - Mar 6 with 3219 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Charle Austin on 20:37 - Mar 6 by CliveWilsonSaid

So was that his 100th appearance Brian?

According to Jack S.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Charle Austin on 23:28 - Mar 6 with 3077 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Charle Austin on 22:41 - Mar 6 by BrianMcCarthy

According to Jack S.

Wow Brian.

He's in good company there.

He loves it. Hope he stays.

Charle Austin on 00:40 - Mar 7 with 2949 viewsToast_R

Austin has become Mr QPR like Gallen and Birch. Seems to have a love for the club.

Like Gallen, joined when there was an abundant of talent in the squad and was a small fish in a big pond and has returned when the club was somewhat of a different animal and he's a big fish in a smaller pond.

Love the guy though, I reckon he'll sign up next season.
Charle Austin on 01:27 - Mar 7 with 2878 viewsstrikerace

Even more impressive when you consider that the others played on QPR teams that were in the 2nd or 3rd divisions, so in today's League One or lower. Austin did it in the Championship and PL. Top QPR scorer since 1985 or so.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024