Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : AFTERMATH 02:42 - Mar 31 with 16467 viewsNotLoyal

Friday 2nd April 2021
Once again the swans travel to a club inspired by a new manager in Lee Boyer, alol the signs are there for Steve Cooper as we return to the EFL Championship on Friday evening, LIVE on SKY TV.

I’m back ya baddas, thanks for the thanks.

Birmingham City v Swansea City
St Andrews
Kick off 8pm
EFL Championship

Match Officials
TONY HARRINGTON
Shaun Hudson and Jonathan Hunt
Fourth Official : Joshua Smith

Other games to be aware of on Good Friday
Huddersfield Town v Nosey Little Brentford (12:30)
Watford v Sheffield Wednesday (15:00)
Preston North End v Norwich City (15:00)
Barnsley v Reading (17:30)

Team News
Birmingham City have question marks over the availability of Scott Hogan and Ivan Sanchez for the Good Friday appointment with Swansea City. Head coach Lee Bowyer has revealed both have had injections to address issues they have been managing for several weeks. Sanchez has been labouring with a hernia and has missed time training, while Hogan has been playing with a back problem — but will train on Wednesday. Blues face third-placed Swansea at St Andrew’s on Friday evening in a televised encounter with a side looking to resuscitate their hopes of an automatic promotion place.

Andre Ayew and Conor Hourihane will continue to be assessed ahead of Swansea City's Championship clash with Birmingham City. Ayew suffered a knock late on while playing for Ghana during the international break after Hourihane was withdrawn in the early stages of Swansea's defeat to Cardiff City with a hamstring issue. Steve Cooper has confirmed the pair have not trained ahead of Friday's trip to the Midlands, although they will be given the chance to prove their fitness for the clash with Lee Bowyer's side. "Andre’s back and everyone knows he had a bit of a knock," said the head coach. "Conor Hourihane came off against Cardiff so those two players have got a chance of playing but they’re not training at the moment. "We’ll see how it goes by the time Friday comes.

Swansea Independent view
Ayew and Hourihane will be subs on Friday with Lowe and Whittaker up front, Lowe playing a wider role.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54663/swansea-city-need-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54622/this-is-it-no-more

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54683/swansea-city-not-f

Nothing More to follow, nothing more to say.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 23:40 - Apr 2 with 1319 viewsmax936

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 23:35 - Apr 2 by builthjack

No pro footballer should only be able to use one foot.
No decent amateur should only be able to use one foot.
Yet we have at least 5 that I can think of who can only kick with one foot.
It's pathetic.

Spot on Builthy, feel free to crack open another bottle of Butty Bach, Bach

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 23:41 - Apr 2 with 1319 viewsFireboy2

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 23:35 - Apr 2 by builthjack

It's pathetic.

Yep bloody embarrassing and infuriating
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 23:42 - Apr 2 with 1309 viewsraynor94

It's pathetic.

There's been loads over the years, Messi only uses his right to stand on, Roberto Carlos was another.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 23:49 - Apr 2 with 1292 viewsmax936

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 23:42 - Apr 2 by raynor94

There's been loads over the years, Messi only uses his right to stand on, Roberto Carlos was another.

Lowe only needed a half decent shot with his left and it would have snuggled into the left corner, I reckon. He's scored some lovely goals for us, but he looks a shocking player at the moment, for whatever reason.

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 23:58 - Apr 2 with 1271 viewsraynor94

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 23:49 - Apr 2 by max936

Lowe only needed a half decent shot with his left and it would have snuggled into the left corner, I reckon. He's scored some lovely goals for us, but he looks a shocking player at the moment, for whatever reason.

Can't argue with that

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 00:28 - Apr 3 with 1244 viewstheloneranger

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 22:54 - Apr 2 by max936

He can say that, but it still took a debatable penalty to beat us, so he can't really base what he said on how they beat us, I've no complaints about either penalty either, we've been on the right end of those decisions more than we haven't recently so no complaints.

We were absolutely shocking though, throughout the 90+ minutes, like a bunch of strangers chucked together and told to get on the field and crack on, then again, we might have made a better fist of the job if we had just walked in from the street and took to the field.

We can blame Cooper and I do for the most part, but where the fuk were the leaders and the Captain on the field, Grimes is not a Captain for me, give it to Ayew or Bennett and let Grimes concentrate on his game.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 22:59]

The same ref who gave 2 pens against us 2 seasons ago up at Rotherham.

Ryan Manning scored both.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 00:47 - Apr 3 with 1229 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 23:49 - Apr 2 by max936

That's exactly what I thought. On my left in that position I can quite easily picture myself dragging it across the keeper and into the bottom corner, even if not by design at all.

To not even attempt a left footed shot smacks of a general lack of confidence.
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 07:42 - Apr 3 with 1109 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 00:28 - Apr 3 by theloneranger

The same ref who gave 2 pens against us 2 seasons ago up at Rotherham.

Ryan Manning scored both.

Ha! Not that it made any difference apart from gaining us a point .
Birmingham had much more desire than us from the off and even though their skill levels were appalling they still restricted us to one tame and one half decent attempts on goal during the entire 90 odd minutes!

Zero energy after two week off for most , our once half decent midfield three couldn’t find each other let alone anyone else and all this after falling nine points behind second place. It looked for all the world that they’d resigned themselves to the playoffs before walking out in the pitch!

Yes Whittaker should have been on , if I was Cooper I probably would have told Lowe that he had ten minutes to do something then offski. But in all honesty that’s not where the problem lies. It goes to having absolutely no idea what to do when the opposing manager nullifies your team with his team selection.

When your midfield fails to get any passing moves together you’ve got to change it. Dhanda coming on wasn’t the answer- we needed creativity alright but it was needed further back in the midfield where we needed to move the ball back to front more creatively to counter their press. They couldn’t figure out a way to do it. Grimes may be captain but nobody should be above subbing - it’s sends out a bad message to the other players if their captain isn’t going to be subbed even though he’s not performing. So no changes further back even though the problem was evident from the first 5 to ten minutes of the game.

Unfortunately that’s down to Copper who’s done well to get us where we are but he’s practically gift wrapped second place to Watford and handed it to them on a silver platter. The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome someone once said. And that has been our downfall

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 08:04 - Apr 3 with 1088 viewsangryjack

He looks a shocking player because he is a shocking player
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 09:25 - Apr 3 with 988 viewsTreforys_Jack

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 07:42 - Apr 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Ha! Not that it made any difference apart from gaining us a point .
Birmingham had much more desire than us from the off and even though their skill levels were appalling they still restricted us to one tame and one half decent attempts on goal during the entire 90 odd minutes!

Zero energy after two week off for most , our once half decent midfield three couldn’t find each other let alone anyone else and all this after falling nine points behind second place. It looked for all the world that they’d resigned themselves to the playoffs before walking out in the pitch!

Yes Whittaker should have been on , if I was Cooper I probably would have told Lowe that he had ten minutes to do something then offski. But in all honesty that’s not where the problem lies. It goes to having absolutely no idea what to do when the opposing manager nullifies your team with his team selection.

When your midfield fails to get any passing moves together you’ve got to change it. Dhanda coming on wasn’t the answer- we needed creativity alright but it was needed further back in the midfield where we needed to move the ball back to front more creatively to counter their press. They couldn’t figure out a way to do it. Grimes may be captain but nobody should be above subbing - it’s sends out a bad message to the other players if their captain isn’t going to be subbed even though he’s not performing. So no changes further back even though the problem was evident from the first 5 to ten minutes of the game.

Unfortunately that’s down to Copper who’s done well to get us where we are but he’s practically gift wrapped second place to Watford and handed it to them on a silver platter. The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome someone once said. And that has been our downfall

Nice post bryn, I'm still too angry to rationalise how I feel on here, so you've summed it up for me nicely. I've been giving Cooper the benefit of the doubt up to now, but yesterday was one game too far. Never seen a manager either so clueless or stubborn, not sure which is most prevalent.
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 10:13 - Apr 3 with 948 viewscontroversial_jack

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 08:04 - Apr 3 by angryjack

He looks a shocking player because he is a shocking player

He's one of the worse i've seen in recent times. Lacks basic footballing ability.A hard worker though!
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 10:35 - Apr 3 with 930 viewsnantywatcher

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 10:13 - Apr 3 by controversial_jack

He's one of the worse i've seen in recent times. Lacks basic footballing ability.A hard worker though!

You two ought to take up watching netball because you're wasting your life away watching football. Utterly, utterly clueless.
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 10:37 - Apr 3 with 926 viewsmonmouth

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 10:35 - Apr 3 by nantywatcher

You two ought to take up watching netball because you're wasting your life away watching football. Utterly, utterly clueless.

I think his confidence is shot to bits. There’s a player in there though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 10:41 - Apr 3 with 918 viewsmax936

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 10:37 - Apr 3 by monmouth

He's proved that in fairness, but somin is seriously wrong at the moment, he seems shot to pieces.

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 10:44 - Apr 3 with 915 viewsTenbySwan

Lowe should have been taken off after 50m . He was clearly jet lagged or something.
That's not his fault that's the Management who someone said looked like they were waiting for a bus!

What the hell were they watching 👀😳

Has he lost the dressing room?
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 10:47]
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 10:45 - Apr 3 with 905 viewsonehunglow

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 10:41 - Apr 3 by max936

He's proved that in fairness, but somin is seriously wrong at the moment, he seems shot to pieces.

All the players are shadows of themselves.Grime a captain is silent and no inspiration at all,yet he's the main man.He is the root of it all.He represents Cooper on the pitch.

We have a goalkeeper that really is a liability and one brought in during the window NEVER played. Why? f no good,why bring him in.
Same with Freeman. Why?

We are being ripped asunder.

What is POSITIVE now is that we can all see it and it is horrendous to behold. Cooper is lucky there are no Liberty crowds

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 10:54 - Apr 3 with 903 viewsmonmouth

Hamer was an emergency as Benda was injured.

Cooper would never drop Woodman anyway. He’s an average championship goalkeeper. Our real problem is in creating and finishing chances, and that is down to selection and lack of intent. We are set up to steal dour 1-0 and so the average goalkeepers inevitable mistakes are magnified when we don’t get clean sheets.

Cooper has no idea of anything but ‘keep shape’. We accidentally happened on the 3 5 2 by accident last season. Now it’s failing, he hasn’t a clue what to do. Let’s hope we accidentally stumble on something that works....if he’s even willing to try it.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 10:54]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 11:03 - Apr 3 with 880 viewsonehunglow

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 10:54 - Apr 3 by monmouth

Hamer was an emergency as Benda was injured.

Cooper would never drop Woodman anyway. He’s an average championship goalkeeper. Our real problem is in creating and finishing chances, and that is down to selection and lack of intent. We are set up to steal dour 1-0 and so the average goalkeepers inevitable mistakes are magnified when we don’t get clean sheets.

Cooper has no idea of anything but ‘keep shape’. We accidentally happened on the 3 5 2 by accident last season. Now it’s failing, he hasn’t a clue what to do. Let’s hope we accidentally stumble on something that works....if he’s even willing to try it.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 10:54]

An emergency!.
Think we have a few of those Monny

Woodman IS an emergency.Even last night .amongst all that dross his comic attempts at a punch stood out.

There are better keepers on public parks

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 11:11 - Apr 3 with 877 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54683/swansea-city-not-f

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 11:42 - Apr 3 with 850 viewsjack247

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 10:37 - Apr 3 by monmouth

Absolutely. He did exactly the same thing (though with more conviction) at Cardiff and we all thought it was a brilliant goal.

He’s not a bad player at all, but he needs a few games on the bench.
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 11:59 - Apr 3 with 833 viewsCatullus

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 23:29 - Apr 2 by max936

I don't disagree, but as a young buck I was taught to kick a ball against a wall and use alternative feet to return it to said wall, when I did eventually play I always felt confident using either foot, even though I felt more comfortable using my right foot.

As a young buckI was right footed but couldn't get into a team because there were better right footers but hardly any left footed SO, I practised....and I practised. By the time I was 17 people thought I was left footed.
Over the following 23 years I played left and right back, left and right of midfield. I'm not saying I was a great player, I was distincty average in Swansea league terms but I would use either foot.
If a shitty local league player cn do that why can't a full time pro?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 12:02 - Apr 3 with 834 viewsNortbankboy

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 11:42 - Apr 3 by jack247

Absolutely. He did exactly the same thing (though with more conviction) at Cardiff and we all thought it was a brilliant goal.

He’s not a bad player at all, but he needs a few games on the bench.

That game was there for the taking.
Why Cooper didn't bring a forward on and change to 4-3-3 i don't know.
Also the one midfielder who score goals was left on the bench.
So all in all bad team selection.
But we have to look at the bigger picture no one expected us to be third at this stage of the season.

We are too predictable he needs to switch to 4-3-3 at times
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 12:21 - Apr 3 with 816 viewsjack247

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 12:02 - Apr 3 by Nortbankboy

But we have to look at the bigger picture no one expected us to be third at this stage of the season.

Completely agree. Cooper let himself down last night, I don’t think anyone can dispute that.
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 12:22 - Apr 3 with 814 viewsCatullus

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 12:02 - Apr 3 by Nortbankboy

Those players who can't get a start must wonder what has to happen for them to be given a chance. If I was Whittaker I'd be at the amangers door this morning saying play me or sell me. In the face of such rubbish up front surely it'd be understandable?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 12:35 - Apr 3 with 802 viewsBadlands

Scored at international last week when played in position with a midfield behind him.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024