Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper must be sacked 07:20 - Apr 3 with 7120 viewsJack11

If we want any chance at going up then we have to sack Cooper. I’m not sure what has happened but he’s lost it. It all lines up with most recent transfer window so it could be players coming in he did not want or he’s not managing to keep them all happy. Whatever it is, our downturn in form is beyond worrying and from looking like 2nd was ours to lose we now look like we will miss out on the playoffs. I’ve kept quiet til now because he deserved time to see if he could turn it around but last night has to be the final straw. There is too much at stake and even if we stumble over the line to the playoffs, we stand zero chance of winning them at this rate. Julian Winter needs to get his pal David Wagner over here. Played good football and got Huddersfield promoted.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 7:21]
Cooper must be sacked on 14:56 - Apr 3 with 1584 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cooper must be sacked on 13:46 - Apr 3 by KeithHaynes

The club won’t sack him because of the compensation clause he no doubt has in his contract, they may well say you can go, and they get the compensation from the club he goes to. But they won’t sack him, no reason to.

There are press reports that Cooper wants a bumper new deal.

The season lasts 46 games plus cup games. I believe there is a possibility that this team actually finishes worse off than last season. I do not think the players can improve due to physical and mental fatuigue. They are stale.

Next season is his last. If he does not get an extension he will get his advisors to find a new posting while his stock is high. The US people added some cash to his package according to reports but not an extra few years.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Cooper must be sacked on 16:01 - Apr 3 with 1555 viewsKeithHaynes

Cooper must be sacked on 13:24 - Apr 3 by 9MilesHigh

I don't believe that for one second. Cooper ain't on a lot with us and he's only got a year left.

Half a million or less to get shot.

£150m plus at stake.

Do a Watford and get him out.

Well, you had better believe it mate, Swansea have written clauses for managers to go to another club in to every contract for every manager employed by the club since aMartinez, It’s not a case of if it’s true or not, it’s fact. This was emphasised when Huw renegotiated Rodgers contract and the clause was seven million. Which Liverpool paid. It’s called good business.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cooper must be sacked on 16:54 - Apr 3 with 1500 viewsBadlands

Cooper must be sacked on 14:56 - Apr 3 by ReslovenSwan1

The season lasts 46 games plus cup games. I believe there is a possibility that this team actually finishes worse off than last season. I do not think the players can improve due to physical and mental fatuigue. They are stale.

Next season is his last. If he does not get an extension he will get his advisors to find a new posting while his stock is high. The US people added some cash to his package according to reports but not an extra few years.

The internationals all played well last week.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper must be sacked on 22:15 - Apr 3 with 1444 viewsBadlands

Cooper must be sacked on 14:56 - Apr 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Cooper must be sacked on 23:16 - Apr 3 with 1425 viewstylagarwjack

Cooper must be sacked on 22:15 - Apr 3 by Badlands

I guess the question is do we play the way we do because of Cooper’s perception as to how to get the best out of what he has got to work with, or would we play the same way with a more talented squad anyway?

The answer is unclear although it’s likely that the latter is the answer, he certainly isn’t a purist in the way Potter is.

Let’s be clear, whether it’s the squad he is working with or his ‘philosophy’, the football we’ve served up under Cooper is a genuine contender for a cure for insomnia. Above all else we don’t move the ball quickly at any time, and our play shows a lack of zip and sharpness, which suggests the training isn’t conducive to the way we used to play, under Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup and more recently Potter.

Obviously finance is an issue, despite the Rodon sale (for a fee which was too low, as his performances for Wales are showing, if not yet for Spurs, unless Mourinho wakes up, or goes), as we obviously wanted and couldn’t afford a genuine number 9, but it’s clear that as good as Ayew has been there is too much of the wage budget tied up in him, what could we do with 4 players on £20k per week instead of him?

Next season we won’t have parachute payments and unless we win the play offs our budget is going to be massively reduced, especially if still no fans allowed, and even if they are, the massive discount offered to existing season ticket holders means our only real lever is player sales, so realistically that is Roberts or Cabango, though the latter player’s lack of game time in favour of a 30+ Naughton is going to adversely affect his value if it continues to the end of the season.

I’m not one for sacking managers and it seems ridiculous to talk about that when the team is in 4th place, but the standard of football from a technical
and entertainment perspective has been so poor that that debate will inevitably start the moment results start slipping.

I suppose the question is, whether in the prem or the championship, could we face another season of watching the sh**e that Cooper is serving up?

I know this is just our opinions as fans, and the board won’t act based on style
of play, but I wonder whether they think Cooper will be able to work a miracle based on next year’s budget, if we don’t go up this season?

Let’s not forget, the owners’ priority is to get their money back and the only way they will be able to do that is to sell us as a prem club, though the risk is spread so thinly (amongst around 30 of them) that they may not give a s**t either way.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 23:23]
Cooper must be sacked on 23:21 - Apr 3 with 1414 viewsAndyCole

Cooper must be sacked on 12:14 - Apr 3 by Nortbankboy

Third in the league and want the manager sacked?
You have not been support the swans long.
Get behind the club.there are another 19 clubs in div would love to be where we are

Totally.

Some fickle plastic supporters have no clue, whatsoever. Beyond twp is the only rationale. Unfortunately they shout loudest. Here and in the stadium.

Without a shadow of doubt, had we had crowds at the Liberty this term, these few fickles woulda been cursing their unthinking bile as loudly as ever from the "Offset" (oh dear). Lowe as the best example would absolutely not have achieved what he has to date. Only our steadfast away supporters woulda given us the freedom to express.

Cooper sacked ? Fickle supporters are the ones to be sacked off.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Cooper must be sacked on 05:32 - Apr 4 with 1359 views34dfgdf54

Cooper must be sacked on 23:21 - Apr 3 by AndyCole

Totally.

Some fickle plastic supporters have no clue, whatsoever. Beyond twp is the only rationale. Unfortunately they shout loudest. Here and in the stadium.

Without a shadow of doubt, had we had crowds at the Liberty this term, these few fickles woulda been cursing their unthinking bile as loudly as ever from the "Offset" (oh dear). Lowe as the best example would absolutely not have achieved what he has to date. Only our steadfast away supporters woulda given us the freedom to express.

Cooper sacked ? Fickle supporters are the ones to be sacked off.

How did Birmingham’s stoic 442 work out

Luckily we had our Coops to wisely change his wise tactics
Cooper must be sacked on 08:49 - Apr 4 with 1335 viewsHeadmaster

In my humble opinion, he should be sacked as soon as the season ends, regardless of whether we are promoted (which is looking increasingly unlikely).

The bloke has no tactical awareness, is often reactive rather than proactive, and is too stubborn to change. Bringing on Whittaker in the final minute sums him up for me - stubborn, arrogant, and clueless.

We had a brief revival under Potter, but that's gone now. And Cooper needs to go too.
Login to get fewer ads

Cooper must be sacked on 08:53 - Apr 4 with 1331 viewsQJumpingJack

If Cooper leaves in the Summer, then one option may be Gary Richards and Cameron Toshack.
Cooper must be sacked on 09:00 - Apr 4 with 1325 viewsHeadmaster

Cooper must be sacked on 08:53 - Apr 4 by QJumpingJack

If Cooper leaves in the Summer, then one option may be Gary Richards and Cameron Toshack.

I would suggest Toshack as a potential name in the summer if we don't go up - but if we do, we need to cast the net further.

Then again, you look at teams like Barnsley and Brentford - somehow they manage to attract talented managers at this level. As much as I dislike Frank, he is a decent manager.

We need to get back to doing things differently. Enough of these identikit coaches obsessed with shape and discipline. Let's get a young, hungry, progressive European manager (preferably one with some first-team experience).

Someone who actually likes to play attacking, passing football. And don't just rely on a Powerpoint presentation - we need evidence of it before we hire them this time.
Cooper must be sacked on 09:14 - Apr 4 with 1299 viewsonehunglow

The fickle supporters are the prepared to accept this dross for any longer.

Forget thi season.We aint going anywhere and any play offs will be a through thrashing by Brentford.Bournemouth,Reading,Barnsley or whoever. All those teams ,like it or not,have manager who can up the ante and change things on the pitch.Take a look at Steve.I mean,really take a look. What you see is what we are getting. Ugly.
He is defacing our club.

Finance!.Rodon's fee was an insult .Jose and Levy will still be chortling over that.Rodon will be a 50m player within two seasons .A terrific talent and a great pro already.

We need a complete clear out

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cooper must be sacked on 09:23 - Apr 4 with 1302 viewslifelong

Cooper must be sacked on 09:14 - Apr 4 by onehunglow

The fickle supporters are the prepared to accept this dross for any longer.

Forget thi season.We aint going anywhere and any play offs will be a through thrashing by Brentford.Bournemouth,Reading,Barnsley or whoever. All those teams ,like it or not,have manager who can up the ante and change things on the pitch.Take a look at Steve.I mean,really take a look. What you see is what we are getting. Ugly.
He is defacing our club.

Finance!.Rodon's fee was an insult .Jose and Levy will still be chortling over that.Rodon will be a 50m player within two seasons .A terrific talent and a great pro already.

We need a complete clear out

What a load of unadulterated crap.
Cooper must be sacked on 09:25 - Apr 4 with 1289 viewsonehunglow

Cooper must be sacked on 09:23 - Apr 4 by lifelong

Yep,we certainly are and I couldn't have put it better myself.
Anyway,I'd love to engage with you again but we're off t see Grandkids soon so I 'll wish you happy easter if you're a Christian that is.No offence meant and you know that.

Cooper must be sacked on 12:46 - Apr 4 with 1248 viewsNortbankboy

Cooper must be sacked on 09:23 - Apr 4 by lifelong

If we make the play offs for the second season we would have done well.
As I said there are loads of clubs would love to be in our position
Cooper must be sacked on 17:17 - Apr 5 with 1167 viewsJack11

👀
Cooper must be sacked on 17:42 - Apr 5 with 1111 viewsonehunglow

Cooper must be sacked on 12:46 - Apr 4 by Nortbankboy

If we make the play offs for the second season we would have done well.
As I said there are loads of clubs would love to be in our position

Really

Falling away with a football standard that sickens to the core .
What if we even fail to make play offs?

You are making excues and trying to heal the hurt we all feel

And that's fair enough

Cooper must be sacked on 18:07 - Apr 5 with 1081 viewsFireboy2

If crowds were in the stadium he would have been sacked a month ago.
Cooper must be sacked on 18:45 - Apr 5 with 1005 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cooper must be sacked on 17:42 - Apr 5 by onehunglow

Really

Falling away with a football standard that sickens to the core .
What if we even fail to make play offs?

You are making excues and trying to heal the hurt we all feel

And that's fair enough

I truely believe it is now out of his control. The players needed rotation two months ago and did it did not occur. Arriola, Whittaker, Freemen, Manning, Latbeaudire should al have 10-15 games under their belt by now.

The preciptitous fall off is nothing to do with talent or committment. It is a sports science failure. The season is done.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Cooper must be sacked on 18:46 - Apr 5 with 1003 views34dfgdf54

Cooper must be sacked on 18:45 - Apr 5 by ReslovenSwan1

I truely believe it is now out of his control. The players needed rotation two months ago and did it did not occur. Arriola, Whittaker, Freemen, Manning, Latbeaudire should al have 10-15 games under their belt by now.

The preciptitous fall off is nothing to do with talent or committment. It is a sports science failure. The season is done.

Nail. Head. Hit
Cooper must be sacked on 18:58 - Apr 5 with 975 viewsBadlands

No point keeping him until the end of the season.
With him we playoffs but highly unlikely.
Promotion ... not a hope.
Get him out, caretaker in charge, a bounce may get us to the playoffs, if we don't get to the playoffs no difference. Use the rest of this season to work on full time replacement and reorganising a squad.

Cooper must be sacked on 06:21 - Apr 6 with 853 views1983

Ever since that 4-1 dicking at Huddersfield and losing Jordan Morris Copper has acted like someone has just killed his dog, even the post match interview at Huddersfield he came across like he couldn't care less and the pre match cardiff interview he was talking like we had already lost, in the dugout he might just as well not even be there. As they say it's ours to lose and he/we are acting like we have already lost he's most probably got his speech all ready.

Cooper must be sacked on 06:43 - Apr 6 with 843 viewsChief

Cooper must be sacked on 18:45 - Apr 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Latibeaudiere has 10 appearances.
Manning has 17 appearances.

Haha so you think Arriola and Freeman should have played every game since they were signed in January!?

Don't think the sports science would have intimated playing unfit players like the 2 above were when they joined us.

You haven't thought this through.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 7:32]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cooper must be sacked on 08:33 - Apr 6 with 800 views34dfgdf54

Cooper must be sacked on 06:43 - Apr 6 by Chief

Latibeaudiere has 10 appearances.
Manning has 17 appearances.

Haha so you think Arriola and Freeman should have played every game since they were signed in January!?

Don't think the sports science would have intimated playing unfit players like the 2 above were when they joined us.

You haven't thought this through.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 7:32]

The point he is making is correct.

The squad has been managed poorly during a very busy schedule and we are saying the results of that now.
Cooper must be sacked on 08:36 - Apr 6 with 795 viewsYossarian

Well, another game, no shots on target - we cant even say that they played well and were unlucky. We deserved to lose again - its been Preston and Birmingham for goodness sake! Thought that after the international break we would wake up but its getting worse. Bournmouth away and the derby - ok didnt think we were likely to get 6 points, thought 2 or 3. But these last 2 games have been embarrassing, looks like we wont even get a Play Off place now. Trouble is with 7 games to go we just dont look like we'll pick up any more wins, maybe a couple of draws. What makes it incredulous is that we cant even argue over who should be in/out of the team - there's no-one else to pick !! Never seen us with such a group/squad of players devoid of pace, skill and confidence to play any sort of decent football. No goals in 4, 1 goal in 5 games and the three games before that we needed 3 pens to get the points. What has happened since we beat Norwich ??? All we can conclude is that the playing staff have lost confidence in the Manager and his whole approach. His interview last night, admittedly by a sycophantic local press offered nothing- because he hasn’t got any answers. We are stuck with him until the close season only because we can’t afford to sack him. The football and identity has disappeared under Cooper but sacking him is putting a sticking plaster over the gaping hole that is our Owners. Until they sell we are on a downward trajectory.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Cooper must be sacked on 09:26 - Apr 6 with 769 viewsChief

Cooper must be sacked on 08:33 - Apr 6 by 34dfgdf54

The point he is making is correct.

The squad has been managed poorly during a very busy schedule and we are saying the results of that now.

Out of all those players the only one who we could conceivably have played more, yet still potentially have gained the same amount of points as we have now is realistically Whittaker. Manning has played plenty since Bidwells form dropped and Latibeaudiere has been given enough games too.

If we'd have played Freeman instead of Roberts and we're down several points on where we are now. Arriolas only been fit (not injured) for around 7 games since he signed. He probably wasn't match fit for even less. We narrowly won most of the games he didn't feature in.

Its very very easy to come out with sweeping statements about rotation without actually looking at the practicalities of it.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024