Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Music fans 23:39 - May 1 with 4817 viewsqpr_1968

how good were queen

watching them now..... wembley.. fantastic.

gutted i never see them live.......

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Music fans on 19:15 - May 5 with 492 viewsPeterHucker

Music fans on 11:26 - May 4 by CiderwithRsie

Somewhere on YouTube is a video of his final live performance of that song at the Hurricane festival - for my money it is a better rendition of the song, more intense, less obviously a performance. Shortly after leaving the stage he had his heart attack and that was that for gigging.

I think you have the Queen issue there - Bo Rap is a remarkable work for a rock/pop single of its era, compared to Heroes it has more complex melodies and Mercury's voice has vastly greater range, but in the end it is all twiddly bits, showing off, and fantasy lyrics; Heroes is intense, concentrated wild romance, in its way just as epic/overblown but more meaningful. "We can be heroes, just for one day" is a philosophy for life, "Scaramouche, scaramouch will you do the fandango?" bloody isn't.

I saw Bowie a few times in the 1990s with Reeves Gabrels who is great, but I would've loved to have gone again in the 2000s when Earl Slick was back in the band.
Music fans on 19:36 - May 6 with 410 viewsNorthantsHoop

In the current time of manufactured wanabees and instant downloaded musical gratfification. The music of Queen, Bowie, Led Zep will resonate long into the future. They were not just great musicians, but social and historical icons as well, and it shows as we are still referring to them, nearly 50 years after they were in their prime.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024