Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Barton assault trial halted due to translation problem 23:18 - Jun 8 with 1854 viewsGloryHunter

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jun/08/joey-barton-assault-trial-halte
Joey Barton assault trial halted due to translation problem on 23:34 - Jun 8 with 1816 viewsGloryHunter

To be fair, I always found Joey a bit difficult to understand, too.
Joey Barton assault trial halted due to translation problem on 03:21 - Jun 9 with 1718 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Surely to f..k in this day and age, they can line up a scouse interpreter in time!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Joey Barton assault trial halted due to translation problem on 05:23 - Jun 9 with 1693 viewsMick_S

They were struggling with his French accent.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Joey Barton assault trial halted due to translation problem on 08:08 - Jun 9 with 1546 viewsNorthernr

The delays and backlogs and underfunding in the legal system is an underreported issue in this country atm. Nearly two years for a basic assault trial to reach court is ridiculous.
Joey Barton assault trial halted due to translation problem on 08:15 - Jun 9 with 1534 viewsM40R

Joey Barton assault trial halted due to translation problem on 08:08 - Jun 9 by Northernr

The delays and backlogs and underfunding in the legal system is an underreported issue in this country atm. Nearly two years for a basic assault trial to reach court is ridiculous.

Only too true as the Secret Barrister has shown (though Covid hasn't helped). It's a disgrace and affects lots of "good" people not just the suspects.
Joey Barton assault trial halted due to translation problem on 08:25 - Jun 9 with 1518 viewsRamseyR

Joey Barton assault trial halted due to translation problem on 08:15 - Jun 9 by M40R

Only too true as the Secret Barrister has shown (though Covid hasn't helped). It's a disgrace and affects lots of "good" people not just the suspects.

A good read that...a broken system
Joey Barton assault trial halted due to translation problem on 08:30 - Jun 9 with 1500 viewsPhildo

Joey Barton assault trial halted due to translation problem on 08:08 - Jun 9 by Northernr

Tip of the iceberg and something that should unite right and left. Victims get no justice, Criminals get no punishment, innocent have charges hanging over them for years. Lots of people on police bail indefinitely, police overworked ( much of their time dealt with mental health issues as no social services to do that), solicitors and barristers voting with their feet and leaving to do other work, court buildings falling apart. Starting to show now as they usually rush high profile cases to make it look like the system is functioning.
Joey Barton assault trial halted due to translation problem on 08:46 - Jun 9 with 1467 viewsNorthernr

Joey Barton assault trial halted due to translation problem on 08:30 - Jun 9 by Phildo

Tip of the iceberg and something that should unite right and left. Victims get no justice, Criminals get no punishment, innocent have charges hanging over them for years. Lots of people on police bail indefinitely, police overworked ( much of their time dealt with mental health issues as no social services to do that), solicitors and barristers voting with their feet and leaving to do other work, court buildings falling apart. Starting to show now as they usually rush high profile cases to make it look like the system is functioning.

I've forgotten what case it was or I'd link to it but I saw one the other day that's been waiting four years (and still counting) to reach trial. I mean what fcking use is that when it comes to things like eye witnesses? If you saw a car accident, or somebody get punched in the street, four years ago could you tell me today everything about it, what colour car was doing what and when, who was wearing what, who said what to who specifically?
Login to get fewer ads

Joey Barton assault trial halted due to translation problem on 09:44 - Jun 9 with 1361 viewsMyke

Credit where it's due though, I must say they dealt with the Sean Cox case very expeditiously. Especialy considering there were extraditions that were fought against by the assailants and obviously interpreters needed also.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024