Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Watts... 12:59 - Aug 5 with 2023 views80s_Boy

Unable to tour with The Stones for a while....

Very sad and can't help but feel that the end of this great band is nearly upon us as Mick and Keef have always said they'll stop as soon as Watts does...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/czxde05dzygo
Charlie Watts... on 13:03 - Aug 5 with 1981 viewsJuzzie

My dad was a professional drummer and had to give it up in his early 70's. Even if Charlie has others to lug the kit around (my Dad didn't!) it's still hard work so at 80 years old I think he should have a break from it, medical reasons or not.

Hope he recovers and is back in the saddle soon enough though.
Charlie Watts... on 13:09 - Aug 5 with 1957 views80s_Boy

Charlie Watts... on 13:03 - Aug 5 by Juzzie

My dad was a professional drummer and had to give it up in his early 70's. Even if Charlie has others to lug the kit around (my Dad didn't!) it's still hard work so at 80 years old I think he should have a break from it, medical reasons or not.

Hope he recovers and is back in the saddle soon enough though.

The Stones are a hard working band and, as you say, it's a hard life being a drummer at that age anyway.

Hope he does one more tour rather than bow out like this.

Steve Jordan did some work with the Xpensive Winos so he comes with Keef's seal of approval but it won't be The Stones for me.
Charlie Watts... on 13:51 - Aug 5 with 1828 viewsTomS

In fairness, they have continued to tour when many of their peers are either no longer with us, or are living inactive lives in retirement. Every tour is celebrated like it's going to be the last one. But just like Neil Warnock, there always seems to be just one more gig to play.

If this is truly the moment when the tour bus is parked for good, then we should simply thank them for the pleasure they have given to several generations of fans over the decades. Amazingly and against all odds, they have survived, but their legacy will endure forever.
Charlie Watts... on 14:05 - Aug 5 with 1786 viewsstowmarketrange

Charlie Watts... on 13:51 - Aug 5 by TomS

In fairness, they have continued to tour when many of their peers are either no longer with us, or are living inactive lives in retirement. Every tour is celebrated like it's going to be the last one. But just like Neil Warnock, there always seems to be just one more gig to play.

If this is truly the moment when the tour bus is parked for good, then we should simply thank them for the pleasure they have given to several generations of fans over the decades. Amazingly and against all odds, they have survived, but their legacy will endure forever.

I saw them at the Olympic stadium a couple of years ago and they still put on a great show,but how much longer can they carry on for?I suppose the money they make from touring softens the pain a bit,but how much more do they need?
Jagger has had health issues in the last couple of years,and now this with Watts
Charlie Watts... on 14:42 - Aug 5 with 1698 views80s_Boy

Charlie Watts... on 14:05 - Aug 5 by stowmarketrange

I saw them at the Olympic stadium a couple of years ago and they still put on a great show,but how much longer can they carry on for?I suppose the money they make from touring softens the pain a bit,but how much more do they need?
Jagger has had health issues in the last couple of years,and now this with Watts

Saw them there too (the night Liam Gallagher supported) and they were phenomenal. Far better than 2002 when I had last seen them.

As you say though, over the last few years Watts and Woods have, thankfully recovered from cancer, Jagger has had heart problems and Keef, albeit it a while ago, had brain injuries after he fell out of the tree.

We're lucky to still have them but I can't it lasting too much longer.
Charlie Watts... on 16:11 - Aug 5 with 1589 viewsPlanetHonneywood

If thermonuclear war broke out tomorrow and an asteroid hit the same time as a solar flare, the cockroaches would still have Keef to keep them company. Only way he’s going to peg it is if he goes vegan and starts yoga!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Charlie Watts... on 16:12 - Aug 5 with 1586 viewsRangersDave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Charlie Watts... on 16:37 - Aug 5 with 1533 viewsPlanetHonneywood

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024