Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Useless Statistics - Part 1: Barnsley (h) 11:13 - Aug 21 with 1283 viewsTheRam

Been a long time since I created a post, and if you bother to read this crap then you’ll probably gain a decent understanding of why.
Having “suffered” (trust me it’s not all suffering) with undiagnosed bipolar disorder for most of my adult life I was finally diagnosed and given medication to help with my condition, the symptoms are now significantly milder than before. During a hypomanic episode gone are the delusions of grandeur and wanton abandon for the general rules of society only to be replaced by a fervent need to waste time collating useless data, a trait that began with COVID and has now fortunately moved on to football.
The information comes from the QPR score predictions thread on the Barnsley bulletin board, and is based on 36 score predictions from their fans. There were a couple of ridiculous albeit amusing predictions that I have discarded for fear of skewing the results. This included a prediction of 17-1 to QPR with Austin bagging 8 goals and 4 head Butts and Trevor Sinclair with 5 overhead kicks. One Barnsley fan arguing that he couldn’t see where their 1 was coming from.

It’s mostly Doom and gloom over on the bulletin board with just 6/36 predicting a win for the Tykes, 25 for a QPR win and 5 the draw.
The biggest win predicted for Barnsley was 3-0 and for QPR 4-0 with 3 people predicting that score line.

The median Score came out at 3-1 to us while the mode was 3-0 with a staggering 10 people predicting that score.

22/36 predicted a score margin of 2 or more goals to QPR.

The mean goals scored came out at 2.03 v 0.56. Rounding ours down and generously rounding theirs up gives a tighter score line of 2-1.

From the mean, median and mode scores I feel we can safely infer that the most likely score according to fans on the bulletin board is 3:1 to us.

Therefore my final prediction 0:2

It is QPR after all x
Useless Statistics - Part 1: Barnsley (h) on 11:19 - Aug 21 with 1260 viewsTacticalR

There's nothing more lethal for QPR than an oppo in crisis scenario (although yesterday's Barnsley fan interview on LFW was quite upbeat).

Air hostess clique

Useless Statistics - Part 1: Barnsley (h) on 11:27 - Aug 21 with 1232 viewskensalriser

You've got the job.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024