Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last night's 'strong team' 10:52 - Aug 25 with 3197 viewsAntti_Heinola

Was interesting getting back last night and looking at the match thread and the old chestnut 'strong team' used for what is by any measure a weakened team. Not sure where this terminology started, but I think it's a strange one. Only 4 players who started last night were what you might term automatic first team picks (Dickie, Odubajo, Willock ('not good enough' according to some, only 6 months ago), and Chair). By the end, we were down to just 2 'first picks'.

So it was especially pleasing I think that the team played so well - I think I'm right in saying only Odubajo and Archer are over 24 or 25, and yet the team played with a real maturity. Dozzell did extremely well considering he was really the only traditional central midfielder in the side, Dunne continued to impress bar a couple of slips, Kakay was a joy as usual, and Willock and Chair were a cut above. Kelman was not a revelation, but his touch was good and if Dickie wasn't such a selfish goalscorer (winky emoji) might have scored himself. Looking forward to more of him.

All in all, really pleasing result from a weakened, young team.

Bare bones.

Last night's 'strong team' on 20:07 - Aug 25 with 434 viewsgazza1

Last night's 'strong team' on 20:01 - Aug 25 by WatfordR

You ask gazza which 11 you should pick.

Obvs.

That would be good Watford, I would, normally, be very close to MW selection for sure.
Last night's 'strong team' on 20:09 - Aug 25 with 431 viewsWatfordR

Last night's 'strong team' on 20:07 - Aug 25 by gazza1

That would be good Watford, I would, normally, be very close to MW selection for sure.

He must be very reassured.
Last night's 'strong team' on 20:11 - Aug 25 with 423 viewsgazza1

Last night's 'strong team' on 20:09 - Aug 25 by WatfordR

He must be very reassured.

Indeed, very assured.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024