Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All this passing around the back… 17:57 - Aug 28 with 1964 viewsMrSheen

…might be repetitive and unambitious looking, but like Barnsley last week, Coventry went from being on top of the game to completely shot after 60 minutes. Rope a dope might work better against us than pressing.
All this passing around the back… on 18:27 - Aug 28 with 1709 viewsMick_S

That’s how we saw it, too. To be fair, with a bit more confidence up top, Coventry should have scored today in the first half. They were shot after the first 10 in the second. Some very strange Coventry fans down today and very pleasing to see their silly boys lose their 5hit when the second went in.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

All this passing around the back… on 18:31 - Aug 28 with 1680 viewsBoston

Coincidentally, the 'rope a dope' saying ran through my head at the end of that one.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

All this passing around the back… on 18:32 - Aug 28 with 1674 viewsBoston

All this passing around the back… on 18:27 - Aug 28 by Mick_S

That’s how we saw it, too. To be fair, with a bit more confidence up top, Coventry should have scored today in the first half. They were shot after the first 10 in the second. Some very strange Coventry fans down today and very pleasing to see their silly boys lose their 5hit when the second went in.

Six fingered?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

All this passing around the back… on 17:39 - Aug 29 with 827 viewsMyke

It's well and good to say we have the oppo tired out by the hour mark, but as we showed against Barnsley it's a risky strategy if you find yourself 2 goals (and could have been three) down by half time. Coventry could have also been at least 1 up yesterday by the break. I have no problem with our passing game (very pleasing on the eye) but would like some of it to be more incisive rather than passing for passing sake. We often ridiculed Swansea in the past for their 'tippy tappy' toothless approach and while we are far from toothless as we have clearly demonstrated with 11 goals in 5 games, it is still a risky strategy. I would like us to start more on the front foot and then really go for the jugular once we have tired a team out.
All this passing around the back… on 17:44 - Aug 29 with 814 viewsWatfordR

All this passing around the back… on 17:39 - Aug 29 by Myke

It's well and good to say we have the oppo tired out by the hour mark, but as we showed against Barnsley it's a risky strategy if you find yourself 2 goals (and could have been three) down by half time. Coventry could have also been at least 1 up yesterday by the break. I have no problem with our passing game (very pleasing on the eye) but would like some of it to be more incisive rather than passing for passing sake. We often ridiculed Swansea in the past for their 'tippy tappy' toothless approach and while we are far from toothless as we have clearly demonstrated with 11 goals in 5 games, it is still a risky strategy. I would like us to start more on the front foot and then really go for the jugular once we have tired a team out.

Personally, I don't think the problem yesterday was the passing so much as the movement off the ball, pretty poor in the first half I felt. If there's poor movement, it's difficult to get pace into the game.

You've got to try and pass your way through a high press, but with poor movement it isn't going to happen. Can't.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024