Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! 08:35 - Oct 31 with 9851 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56144/russell-martin-‘

Haynesy’s hairdryer click above
Subscribe to us on Twitter below

This post has been edited by an administrator
Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 19:27 - Oct 31 with 893 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 19:17 - Oct 31 by Chief

Again this goes back to the crux.....

How do you know? Someone told you?

I was replying in general terms, wasn't replying to anything in particular.
In most cases though, people are told something.... Some are taken with a pinch of salt, others you know it to be closer to the truth and others you know will be certain with the truth.... Again that is in general rather than specifics.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 19:30 - Oct 31 with 892 viewsBillyChong

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 18:54 - Oct 31 by Chief

Occurs every time a manager gets sacked. Wasn't there points in the prem when we were paying 2 or 3 managers simultaneously?

Paul Williams is probably still on the payroll
Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 19:35 - Oct 31 with 876 viewsTreforys_Jack

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 19:30 - Oct 31 by BillyChong

That'll have a few scratching their heads
Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 19:44 - Oct 31 with 870 viewsChief

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 19:30 - Oct 31 by BillyChong

Ha yes. Should have got him putting the cones out for the u10s or something

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 19:46 - Oct 31 with 860 viewsChief

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 19:27 - Oct 31 by magicdaps10

I was replying in general terms, wasn't replying to anything in particular.
In most cases though, people are told something.... Some are taken with a pinch of salt, others you know it to be closer to the truth and others you know will be certain with the truth.... Again that is in general rather than specifics.

Well I asked specifically in this case.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 20:31 - Oct 31 with 829 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 19:46 - Oct 31 by Chief

Well I asked specifically in this case.

I knew you were going to push it so put it in that previous reply of mine in a round about sort of way..... But covered it knowing it wouldn't be a good enough reply, never is.

I will be leaving it as it is because I know come tomorrow morning his royal highness is going to come onto it, full of words grooming that self exploded ego that he has created in his little fantasy world.

For you Chief, I think there is certainly a reasonable person there with you...you show signs of acceptance and can put your hands up to things(I hope 😉😁).

My hard hat won't be going on with this one.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 20:33 - Oct 31 with 826 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 17:52 - Oct 31 by ItchySphincter

Lol.

Didn't think so...

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 20:47 - Oct 31 with 815 viewsMargam

Great article today, let’s try to appreciate it.
Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 21:01 - Oct 31 with 799 viewsCatullus

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 18:21 - Oct 31 by Chief

But you've got no evidence that he 'tried to find his way out' do you? Besides entertaining potential offers from premier league clubs like any other manager in our history. It's fine for you to think that, but I'm just saying there's no evidence to back that up. All we know for certain is that he continued being paid after he ceased being our manager. Managers who break their contract or walk out aren't afforded that luxury. For the club to continue to pay him through choice in the hope that another club hires him to be able to receive a few hundred grand compo isn't likely. Nice story though.

The basket case club are forest. Read it again.

From what I've seen the club did exactly that, didn't pay him up infull and say goodbye but continued paying his contract so he was technically still employed by us.

That's what clubs do because it makes better business sense. It's what Cardiff did with Neil Harris who is allegedly still on their payroll.

Wasn't there only one EPl club, Palace, otherwise it was Fulham and I don't remember any other clubs being seriously linked until he joined Forest and their fans weren't too keen on him at the time though they love him now.

Forest were a basket case, maybe they're a bit steadier now, I don't really know. I couldn't tell you what's going on behind the scenes down here, it could be completely bonkers here too for all I know. I'm not privvy to such things.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 21:24 - Oct 31 with 782 viewsChief

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 20:31 - Oct 31 by magicdaps10

I knew you were going to push it so put it in that previous reply of mine in a round about sort of way..... But covered it knowing it wouldn't be a good enough reply, never is.

I will be leaving it as it is because I know come tomorrow morning his royal highness is going to come onto it, full of words grooming that self exploded ego that he has created in his little fantasy world.

For you Chief, I think there is certainly a reasonable person there with you...you show signs of acceptance and can put your hands up to things(I hope 😉😁).

My hard hat won't be going on with this one.

I'd happily put my hands up and say I was wrong if there was evidence to the contrary. But no one seems to be able to offer any up.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 21:27 - Oct 31 with 772 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 21:24 - Oct 31 by Chief

I'd happily put my hands up and say I was wrong if there was evidence to the contrary. But no one seems to be able to offer any up.

That's always the case with our Daps, he wants people to admit they are wrong with absolutely nothing to suggest they are, quite the contrary.

If he spent less time trolling and more time actually constructing proper debates with reasoned arguments, he may start to get somewhere.

Until that time, we unfortunately have to endure the nonsense.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 21:33]

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 21:27 - Oct 31 with 775 viewsChief

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 21:01 - Oct 31 by Catullus

From what I've seen the club did exactly that, didn't pay him up infull and say goodbye but continued paying his contract so he was technically still employed by us.

That's what clubs do because it makes better business sense. It's what Cardiff did with Neil Harris who is allegedly still on their payroll.

Wasn't there only one EPl club, Palace, otherwise it was Fulham and I don't remember any other clubs being seriously linked until he joined Forest and their fans weren't too keen on him at the time though they love him now.

Forest were a basket case, maybe they're a bit steadier now, I don't really know. I couldn't tell you what's going on behind the scenes down here, it could be completely bonkers here too for all I know. I'm not privvy to such things.

Hmm not sure it makes much business sense. Take Neil Harris and Cardiff's example. They are still paying him, but do they seriously think someones going to appoint him if it means paying them compo!? Doubt he'll get many takers if he was completely free. Just a contractual pay off following dismissal it appears to me.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 21:30 - Oct 31 with 769 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 21:27 - Oct 31 by Chief

Hmm not sure it makes much business sense. Take Neil Harris and Cardiff's example. They are still paying him, but do they seriously think someones going to appoint him if it means paying them compo!? Doubt he'll get many takers if he was completely free. Just a contractual pay off following dismissal it appears to me.

In Cardiff's case, it's probably a cashflow issue.

Its sometimes better to pay someone 5k a week of a 750k contract that you can afford, rather than 500k up front figure that you can't.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 21:44 - Oct 31 with 758 viewsChief

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 21:30 - Oct 31 by Dr_Parnassus

In Cardiff's case, it's probably a cashflow issue.

Its sometimes better to pay someone 5k a week of a 750k contract that you can afford, rather than 500k up front figure that you can't.

Yes sounds plausible.

Quite possible it was the same arrangement for us.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 22:31 - Oct 31 with 743 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 19:26 - Oct 31 by Chief

Now, for balance....

I was surprised to hear that Forest paid 'compensation' for a manager that was not managing elsewhere. However could it be that the figure they paid was actually just the payment of the remainder of Cooper's contract? Or maybe some sort of payment to escape any non-compete clause that may have been put in upon Cooper's termination? Didn't spurs have to pay something similar after Man U had sacked Mourinho?

That’s generally what compensation is - and why Brendan signed a new contract with us even though he knew he’d be off. He just wanted to do the best by the club.

Sorry I misunderstood your “basket case” comment - Forest indeed are. Which kind of says just how low Coopers stock had fallen. He’d spent (like Grimes) pimping himself out to Fulham to no avail.
If he had any intention of carrying on he’d have at least conducted pre-season and made it known (like McCarthy did recently) and said something like “I’m manager until I get told differently”. There was none of that so I think he did bail out.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 22:33 - Oct 31 with 736 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 22:31 - Oct 31 by Brynmill_Jack

That’s generally what compensation is - and why Brendan signed a new contract with us even though he knew he’d be off. He just wanted to do the best by the club.

Sorry I misunderstood your “basket case” comment - Forest indeed are. Which kind of says just how low Coopers stock had fallen. He’d spent (like Grimes) pimping himself out to Fulham to no avail.
If he had any intention of carrying on he’d have at least conducted pre-season and made it known (like McCarthy did recently) and said something like “I’m manager until I get told differently”. There was none of that so I think he did bail out.

Which is also made up nonsense.

Important to note that. Myths on here spread like wildfire, they need to be doused every time they spawn.

Splash.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 01:03 - Nov 1 with 715 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 17:55 - Oct 31 by Gwyn737

Well, he didn’t get one of the more attractive jobs?

Former double European Champions, English league winners, x4 league cup winners and Super Cup winners, all relatively recently (70's onwards) - biggest club outside the Premier League for my money.

If you have the ability to get them sorted, it is one of the best jobs out there (outside the PL of course).

Massive massive club, similar to a Leeds type. Potential juggernaut.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 07:09 - Nov 1 with 664 viewsChief

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 22:31 - Oct 31 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes correct, Brendan was still in post though.

Also dismisses the coward narrative.

He did take part of pre-season, including some friendlies?

Well we didn't have any games (and losing streaks) or press conferences to elicit that type of response

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 08:09 - Nov 1 with 634 views34dfgdf54

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 19:26 - Oct 31 by Chief

Now, for balance....

I was surprised to hear that Forest paid 'compensation' for a manager that was not managing elsewhere. However could it be that the figure they paid was actually just the payment of the remainder of Cooper's contract? Or maybe some sort of payment to escape any non-compete clause that may have been put in upon Cooper's termination? Didn't spurs have to pay something similar after Man U had sacked Mourinho?

Julian Winter:

<<but it quickly became clear that we found ourselves in a situation where both the club and Steve thought it best to part ways. However, we were able to get ourselves in position where the club would be protected by compensation in the event that Steve found another job within a period of time, which has been reflected financially with his recent move to Nottingham Forest.>>

The way I see it there was very little risk on the part of Swansea City, he was reportedly one of the lowest paid managers in the league and with Ayew's wage off the books we could afford the luxury of holding out until a club wanted him badly enough, which was always going to be the case. He was the perfect fit for a side struggling badly like Forest were at the time, and he's done a cracking job so far there to be fair to him.

The compo fee reported I'm sure I read was £500k? Could be wrong there mind, but if my memory is correct that pretty much pays for the package to bring Martin and his staff here, good deal all round and the gamble paying off for Winter & Co.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2021 8:13]
Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 08:46 - Nov 1 with 613 viewsChief

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 08:09 - Nov 1 by 34dfgdf54

Julian Winter:

<<but it quickly became clear that we found ourselves in a situation where both the club and Steve thought it best to part ways. However, we were able to get ourselves in position where the club would be protected by compensation in the event that Steve found another job within a period of time, which has been reflected financially with his recent move to Nottingham Forest.>>

The way I see it there was very little risk on the part of Swansea City, he was reportedly one of the lowest paid managers in the league and with Ayew's wage off the books we could afford the luxury of holding out until a club wanted him badly enough, which was always going to be the case. He was the perfect fit for a side struggling badly like Forest were at the time, and he's done a cracking job so far there to be fair to him.

The compo fee reported I'm sure I read was £500k? Could be wrong there mind, but if my memory is correct that pretty much pays for the package to bring Martin and his staff here, good deal all round and the gamble paying off for Winter & Co.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2021 8:13]

Yea can't argue with that.

My point was that Cooper didn't 'walk away', 'chicken out', 'sht the bed' etc etc.

This backs that further. I can accept it was a mutual agreement.

But it is standard practice for club's to have pay up a managers remaining contract should they decide to sack them, which would have occurred with Cooper had Forest not come in for him

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 08:55 - Nov 1 with 605 views34dfgdf54

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 08:46 - Nov 1 by Chief

Yea can't argue with that.

My point was that Cooper didn't 'walk away', 'chicken out', 'sht the bed' etc etc.

This backs that further. I can accept it was a mutual agreement.

But it is standard practice for club's to have pay up a managers remaining contract should they decide to sack them, which would have occurred with Cooper had Forest not come in for him

My personal opinion is that as soon as Birch left, and Winter came in, the working relationship between Cooper and board broke down and the chances of him staying for a third season was completely off the table.

I don't think he wanted to stay, I don't think we wanted him to stay either and a mutual agreement was best for both parties, we made a few quid at the end and he got himself a job at a very big club in Forest.
Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 09:37 - Nov 1 with 585 viewsChief

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 08:55 - Nov 1 by 34dfgdf54

My personal opinion is that as soon as Birch left, and Winter came in, the working relationship between Cooper and board broke down and the chances of him staying for a third season was completely off the table.

I don't think he wanted to stay, I don't think we wanted him to stay either and a mutual agreement was best for both parties, we made a few quid at the end and he got himself a job at a very big club in Forest.

Well yes plausible. He publically (and justifiably) spoke out about Winter's methods on at least 1 occasion, but they did co-exist for sometime afterwards.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 11:32 - Nov 1 with 550 viewsandypitt56

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 11:47 - Oct 31 by Dr_Parnassus

One of my proudest “pat on the back” goals was that. Cheers for posting.

I said moments before the game. We need to set up against Posh by learning from the “short at all costs” mistakes against Hull… using short passes to move them out of position before a direct long ball to attack them.

A tactic that has seen us score many of our recent goals.

That first goal was that to a tee. Word perfect.

If this was 6 weeks ago, that ball to Laird never gets made.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 11:55]

Its not hard to get that we started off with the basics of RM plan, then as the players get better at it, they start adding the next layer of the plan. What we are seeing now is RM style of play, what we were seeing in the first few weeks were the FOUNDATIONS!! This has always been his style, you cant run before you can walk. You are seriously deluded if you cant see that.
Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 12:23 - Nov 1 with 522 viewsvetchonian

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 11:32 - Nov 1 by andypitt56

Its not hard to get that we started off with the basics of RM plan, then as the players get better at it, they start adding the next layer of the plan. What we are seeing now is RM style of play, what we were seeing in the first few weeks were the FOUNDATIONS!! This has always been his style, you cant run before you can walk. You are seriously deluded if you cant see that.

?????
Seriously you think Martin said to the players I want you to go out and just passit around we are not going to win games, just concentrate on possesion then when you are good at that we will move to the next phase.

That is suicide the players would immediately know they would not receive a their win bonus for a start.

Read the interview I posted that Martin gave last MArch at MKDOns he truely beleived the only way to play was short passing up to and tinto the oppostions box....he has cahnged that ...
Those early games were not building the foundations but playing the MArtin way....we dominated possesion and hardly ever passed the ball long...recently we are using long trhough balls more....thery just werent being played before...now they are and that has nothing to do with buildong foundations

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 12:32 - Nov 1 with 514 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 12:23 - Nov 1 by vetchonian

?????
Seriously you think Martin said to the players I want you to go out and just passit around we are not going to win games, just concentrate on possesion then when you are good at that we will move to the next phase.

That is suicide the players would immediately know they would not receive a their win bonus for a start.

Read the interview I posted that Martin gave last MArch at MKDOns he truely beleived the only way to play was short passing up to and tinto the oppostions box....he has cahnged that ...
Those early games were not building the foundations but playing the MArtin way....we dominated possesion and hardly ever passed the ball long...recently we are using long trhough balls more....thery just werent being played before...now they are and that has nothing to do with buildong foundations

Opinions, opinions 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024