Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wasn't it about this time last year.... 13:40 - Nov 30 with 6192 viewsTheChef

that we were on a bad run and some people were calling for Warburton to go?

Amazing what a difference twelve months make.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 15:01 - Dec 1 with 1059 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 10:38 - Dec 1 by TheChef

Classic stuff from LBlock there

Not seen them post for a while - is it because we are doing well?

Not at all, the virus thread did the damage I think.
LBlock cares about the club as much as any of us believe me.
Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 15:34 - Dec 1 with 996 viewslongbottom

LythamR comes out of the original thread with a great deal of credit. Top man.
Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 15:56 - Dec 1 with 950 viewsPhildo

I'm not on that thread but there's a text on my phone to my cousin saying I wanted him to go. Fickle prick that I am.

Sad seeing 2T2B active on that thread and him not getting to get the current high.
Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 17:21 - Dec 1 with 881 viewsDavieQPR

It wouldn't have cost much to have sacked him as he only had 6 months left on his yearly rolling contract. The Board instead backed him with four loan signings.
Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 23:26 - Dec 1 with 752 viewsT_Block

All just knee-jerk reactions......

I have waited.Reread my original post.Stand by every word.
All QPR can do is buy young and cheap and take a risk, and coach ,coach and and more good coaching.Some lads will deliver, some will not or take time.They will all make mistakes or occasionally come up against better players on form(eg Fulham)
Sell when a good high offer comes in and the lad wants to go.

As fans realise no club has a god-given right to consider themselves better than Wycombe (a fine club) or Brentford.Take a deep breath and support a club at last making some correct decisions in who to have as manager and which players to recruit.

Truth is the club is improving but only really 60% of the way there.Could win a play-off place.Could more easily lose it.Could easily finish 7th.Long long way to go yet.

Above all no crappy knee-jerk reactions- please.

I went into work today and at least two or three mentions of how well they are doing.Thanks Mr warburton.Boys - your manager deserves something out of this season so listen and keep going
Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 09:34 - Dec 2 with 688 viewsGloryHunter

Wasn't it about this time last year.... on 14:36 - Dec 1 by TheChef

Most clubs get a new manager bounce.

QPR do not.

John Allen Paulos explores "new manager bounce" in his book, A Mathematician Reads the Newspaper (I think it's in that one - I have also read one of his other books).

Upshot is that, on average in a season, all sports teams experience runs of results including sequences of consecutive losses and consecutive wins. It's the same as flipping a coin fifty times - you will get runs of 4,5,6 heads at a time. You have to eliminate this "chance" factor in order to see if the new manager has really had an effect. If a winning run follows the appointment of a new manager, then naturally people will assume that the new manager is the sole factor, but it's probably not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024