Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clash of kit colours v derby and the ref 21:11 - Dec 2 with 1790 viewstonyQPR

Derby black shorts, rangers all black, ref black shorts/socks. Didn’t think this was allowed,thought no part of kit can be same colour as other team or ref ???? One for Clive/pinnerpaul.

Clash of kit colours v derby and the ref on 21:15 - Dec 2 with 1772 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Seny in perfect purple

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Clash of kit colours v derby and the ref on 21:16 - Dec 2 with 1756 viewstonyQPR

Clash of kit colours v derby and the ref on 21:15 - Dec 2 by CliveWilsonSaid

Seny in perfect purple

It does rather suit him though😉
Clash of kit colours v derby and the ref on 21:24 - Dec 2 with 1724 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Does seem to have been a change, Tony?

When we played and watched as kids I thought the rule was that both socks and shorts had to clash. The reasoning (I thought) was that those of us with limited vision knew when we looked down to play the ball who our team mates were.

This seems to have been relaxed of late.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Clash of kit colours v derby and the ref on 21:46 - Dec 2 with 1661 viewsGloryHunter

Teams who wear similar coloured strips is almost as annoying as teams who change into their "away" strips when there is actually no need.
Clash of kit colours v derby and the ref on 22:00 - Dec 2 with 1604 viewsstowmarketrange

Clash of kit colours v derby and the ref on 21:24 - Dec 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Does seem to have been a change, Tony?

When we played and watched as kids I thought the rule was that both socks and shorts had to clash. The reasoning (I thought) was that those of us with limited vision knew when we looked down to play the ball who our team mates were.

This seems to have been relaxed of late.

It certainly makes it harder for the linesman if both teams are wearing the same colour shorts and socks.When you’re looking for offsides and who knocks the ball out of play it helps to see who last played it.
Clash of kit colours v derby and the ref on 22:09 - Dec 2 with 1574 viewsozranger

Clash of kit colours v derby and the ref on 22:00 - Dec 2 by stowmarketrange

It certainly makes it harder for the linesman if both teams are wearing the same colour shorts and socks.When you’re looking for offsides and who knocks the ball out of play it helps to see who last played it.

I would be surprised if there is anything in the local rules about alternate coloured shorts. Socks and shirts are more likely as the officials tend to look at the upper body or the ball which should be on the ground and thus the socks.

I was at an evening non-league game a month back where both teams had the same shorts and socks. However, one team was had pink shirts and the other orange! What's more, the fog was starting to roll in as it was that cold. So, imagine how hard that was for the assistant. I for one, and being long-sighted, struggled at times to tell which team had the ball.
Clash of kit colours v derby and the ref on 22:31 - Dec 2 with 1512 viewsstowmarketrange

Clash of kit colours v derby and the ref on 22:09 - Dec 2 by ozranger

I would be surprised if there is anything in the local rules about alternate coloured shorts. Socks and shirts are more likely as the officials tend to look at the upper body or the ball which should be on the ground and thus the socks.

I was at an evening non-league game a month back where both teams had the same shorts and socks. However, one team was had pink shirts and the other orange! What's more, the fog was starting to roll in as it was that cold. So, imagine how hard that was for the assistant. I for one, and being long-sighted, struggled at times to tell which team had the ball.

I run the line for my granddaughter’s games occasionally and sometimes both teams play in the same colour socks and it does make it harder to see,but there shouldn’t be any excuse in professional football for any kit clashes.
Clash of kit colours v derby and the ref on 23:38 - Dec 2 with 1446 viewsDavieQPR

I always thought teams had to wear light or dark shorts for the days of black and white tele.
Login to get fewer ads

Clash of kit colours v derby and the ref on 10:14 - Dec 5 with 1199 viewsPinnerPaul

Routinely ignored all over.

PL is the worse, a GK will wear yellow and so does refereeing team, when they could be in black.

Yesterday Anthony Taylor and team in black, so was one of the GKs, when they could have worn yellow, like other refs did in other games!

Quote from Mrs Pinner "No one cares, don't you get bored going on about it every week?"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024