Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend 10:30 - Feb 2 with 2833 viewsonehunglow

This thread will offend so if of an impressionable disposition,STOP NOW.

Not long ago this tin pot team with a junkyard ground,busted and broke were playing the likes of Dover Ath and Solihull Moors whilst we were playing Liverpool and beating them and at Anfield too.
They are on the verge of a play off place to the Prem whilst we are simply on a different more dangerous verge one which we should be careful how we play.

A strong no nonsense defence ,experienced keeper,midfield that could and did cut through us to score a goal we can only dream of. Then a manager,a Valley warrior at that who clearly ha genuine pride in his job and raw passion,not the deceit we see. He is another manager who know how to beat us.

Last night should be a tipping point but it wasn't as we are still tied into the Martin dream whatever that is. It looks like a nightmare really .Exciting football isnt the type where you are fighting relegation ,which we are in reality. Any team in this league can easily beat us .

We see a young keen Joseph being treated exactly like Whittaker although Kyle hasnt any attitude issues as reported of yet.For what it's worth,neither did Whittaker;it s simply Martin prefering the likes of Korey Smith to wear the shirt. Last night ,we saw Smith with a gloriously empty wide out space in front of him actually stop dead and passed it backwards-and we are chasing the game.

Friends, we are being duped ,big time and I'm not sure what lies ahead or indeed what can be done.

Enjoy the day as it might be your last

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 13:55 - Feb 2 with 575 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 13:41 - Feb 2 by SkipTheJack

There's no way we were improving under Cooper - no way. We may have had more points last season than the season before, but the team was not progressing.

With the high earners out of contract, and the loan players going back, we were always heading for a cliff edge in the summer because Cooper just hadn't built anything solid at all.

He did an admirable job of nearly squeezing us home with a combination of what he'd inherited and loan signings, but his permanent signings just weren't good enough, didn't fit any clear style of play, and often weren't played because he didn't even want them!

We can't compete with most clubs in this division - Forest included - in terms of budget/debt accumulation, so we really need to do things differently; that is, we need a clear, and long-term, style of play, and we need to identify players within our budget that fit that style of play, and sign them permanently.

In all those things I have more confidence in Martin than Cooper.

It’s just simply a fact, we progressed every single year under Cooper and as a manager he has progressed every single year.

High earners being off the books was a benefit not a hinderance, it has allowed us to spend over £5m on transfer fees as well as bring in players like Ntcham on a free. None of those high earners were worth what we were paying them, they were a burden on our prospects to grow.

You can’t build a palace out of peanuts. What did you expect Cooper to build exactly with around £1m a year he was given to buy players. We have had over 5 times that amount this season and gone absolutely nowhere.

If Cooper was our manager this season we would be top half, no question about it. He didn’t spend a dime at at Forest and has taken them from rock bottom to genuine promotion contenders in less than half a season.

It’s all well and good having a style of play, but it has to be successful and it has to make sense. This doesn’t fulfil either brief.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 13:57 - Feb 2 with 575 viewsPawelAbbott

There's no way we were improving under Cooper - no way. We may have had more points last season than the season before, but the team was not progressing.

With the high earners out of contract, and the loan players going back, we were always heading for a cliff edge in the summer because Cooper just hadn't built anything solid at all.

He did an admirable job of nearly squeezing us home with a combination of what he'd inherited and loan signings, but his permanent signings just weren't good enough, didn't fit any clear style of play, and often weren't played because he didn't even want them!

We can't compete with most clubs in this division - Forest included - in terms of budget/debt accumulation, so we really need to do things differently; that is, we need a clear, and long-term, style of play, and we need to identify players within our budget that fit that style of play, and sign them permanently.

We have spent well over £3M this season on bringing players in.
Why can't we compete with most other clubs in this division financially?
In terms of squad value we are around mid-table.
In terms of attendances we are mid-table.
Stadium capacity lower half but we don't sell out. If we did sell out we would be top 6 in terms of attendance.
Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 14:09 - Feb 2 with 557 viewsSkipTheJack

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 13:55 - Feb 2 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s just simply a fact, we progressed every single year under Cooper and as a manager he has progressed every single year.

High earners being off the books was a benefit not a hinderance, it has allowed us to spend over £5m on transfer fees as well as bring in players like Ntcham on a free. None of those high earners were worth what we were paying them, they were a burden on our prospects to grow.

You can’t build a palace out of peanuts. What did you expect Cooper to build exactly with around £1m a year he was given to buy players. We have had over 5 times that amount this season and gone absolutely nowhere.

If Cooper was our manager this season we would be top half, no question about it. He didn’t spend a dime at at Forest and has taken them from rock bottom to genuine promotion contenders in less than half a season.

It’s all well and good having a style of play, but it has to be successful and it has to make sense. This doesn’t fulfil either brief.

I'm not disputing that Cooper is a good coach, and has dragged Forest up by the boot laces. My point is that he wasn't bringing in players that were strengthening our team, apart from loan signings, and the football was terrible to watch. It remains to be seen how his signings at Forest will work out. Remember that he didn't need to sign players to win the world cup with England, and maybe a good coach is all he is.

As far as saying that getting rid of high earners like Ayew would have benefited Cooper - no way! He relied almost totally on him, and showed no capability to bring in a second striker that knew where the net was.
Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 14:15 - Feb 2 with 552 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 14:09 - Feb 2 by SkipTheJack

I'm not disputing that Cooper is a good coach, and has dragged Forest up by the boot laces. My point is that he wasn't bringing in players that were strengthening our team, apart from loan signings, and the football was terrible to watch. It remains to be seen how his signings at Forest will work out. Remember that he didn't need to sign players to win the world cup with England, and maybe a good coach is all he is.

As far as saying that getting rid of high earners like Ayew would have benefited Cooper - no way! He relied almost totally on him, and showed no capability to bring in a second striker that knew where the net was.

Of course he was. That’s why we progressed year on year, we weren’t improving with a worse side, what little he had to play with, he was making the team better.

I would much rather see us winning and competing with the best in the league rather than this style and competing with the worst in the league.

I said the high earners were a burden not Ayew specifically. However if he was allowed that 100k wage plus £5m to spend I would much prefer that option than Ayew alone. Surely anyone would?

He was asking for a striker in January, he wasn’t given one. Not sure you can lay that at his door, the only other one we had is now sitting on Coventry City’s bench.

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 14:16 - Feb 2 with 551 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 13:57 - Feb 2 by PawelAbbott

We have spent well over £3M this season on bringing players in.
Why can't we compete with most other clubs in this division financially?
In terms of squad value we are around mid-table.
In terms of attendances we are mid-table.
Stadium capacity lower half but we don't sell out. If we did sell out we would be top 6 in terms of attendance.

We have spent well over £5m this year.

It’s our second highest spend in our football league history. Only the Potter season beat this one and that was immediately after relegation.

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 14:30 - Feb 2 with 532 viewsSkipTheJack

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 14:15 - Feb 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Of course he was. That’s why we progressed year on year, we weren’t improving with a worse side, what little he had to play with, he was making the team better.

I would much rather see us winning and competing with the best in the league rather than this style and competing with the worst in the league.

I said the high earners were a burden not Ayew specifically. However if he was allowed that 100k wage plus £5m to spend I would much prefer that option than Ayew alone. Surely anyone would?

He was asking for a striker in January, he wasn’t given one. Not sure you can lay that at his door, the only other one we had is now sitting on Coventry City’s bench.

You say he was asking for a striker in Jan, but wasn't given one.

We both seem to agree that we weren't bringing in the players we needed under Cooper, but whereas you blame the board I blame Cooper. The fact that we've spent millions in the summer suggests that money wasn't the problem. Was Cooper suggesting any names, other than England youth players out of our budget?

The fact remains that after two years in charge, Cooper was still relying on loan signings and players that were here when he arrived.

We were NOT progressing under him, and would be struggling now just as much as we are under Martin.
Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 14:33 - Feb 2 with 527 viewsCatullus

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 14:15 - Feb 2 by Dr_Parnassus

We got more points yes but the games were depressing and awful to watch after January. We got there with loan signings, loans we may not have afforded without parachute payments. This season would have been a big one for Cooper, losing Ayew, losing the loan players, we needed a rebuild and Cooper may have been up to it. Maybe it is the owners holding that back by making promises they don't or can't keep. maybe that's why Cooper wanted out.
This season we have a team I think should be doing better. The big problem, for me, is the manager refuses to change to suit what he has. he insists on trying to make us play in a way that just doesn't work.
The way we are going, which is towards a relegation battle, we will lose our best players. next window people will come in to pinch Piroe, Downes, Ntcham and maybe even Joseph and they'll go quite cheap too if we have been relegated. A relegation will see our income drop, players leave and we'll be in exactly the same position if we still have this manager.
Martin needs to accept the inevitable and either change or walk away. I gave him time, I waited but what have I seen? Despite us having nearly 3 times the possession we cannot score but we can certainly concede. Hs determination to keep possession is stifling us. Sometimes you have to take chances, you have to be willing to lose the ball to go for a scoring opportunity.
The owners cannot be willing to suffer a relegation and to stick with this manager and his dream, surely? As others have said, without points deductions we would be 2 games away from the relegation zone, Derby would be above us.

I cannot believe a post I read, is it right that he put Ntcham at wing back and Smith at CAM? That seems completely absurd if right.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 14:34 - Feb 2 with 524 viewsonehunglow

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 11:30 - Feb 2 by lifelong

I’ll answer your thread as I want.

Why don’t you be honest with everyone? You are revelling in this difficult time we are going through and nothing would please you more than watching us fail and dropping down the league. None of your bull shit about being a proud Jack will convince me otherwise.

You are not a supporter of Swansea City.

You have showed exactly the sort of man you are and it is not pretty.
Not a fan>
Why do I bother with the likes of you denying the obvious.

Fans care.

Fans get upet

Fans get upset

not,get your rod out and get down the lovley Gower and kill some fish

Login to get fewer ads

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 14:34 - Feb 2 with 524 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 14:30 - Feb 2 by SkipTheJack

We both seem to agree that we weren't bringing in the players we needed under Cooper, but whereas you blame the board I blame Cooper. The fact that we've spent millions in the summer suggests that money wasn't the problem. Was Cooper suggesting any names, other than England youth players out of our budget?

The fact remains that after two years in charge, Cooper was still relying on loan signings and players that were here when he arrived.

We were NOT progressing under him, and would be struggling now just as much as we are under Martin.

Why would you blame Cooper? Tell me who he should have brought in for £1m a season then to transform our squad.

You can keep saying we weren’t progressing under him until you are as blue in the face as your avatar, but it’s a fact that we progressed every single year and as a manager he has progressed every single year.

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 14:36 - Feb 2 with 523 viewsonehunglow

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 12:04 - Feb 2 by builthjack

Have you ever actually watched Joseph ?
Most likely not.

And you?

You think he is having a fair deal? Smith a better option for a shirt

You been chatting to lifey because people are seeing now I am far more astute than most.

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 14:37 - Feb 2 with 522 viewsPawelAbbott

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 14:16 - Feb 2 by Dr_Parnassus

We have spent well over £5m this year.

It’s our second highest spend in our football league history. Only the Potter season beat this one and that was immediately after relegation.

Yes he has been well backed in the transfer market.
Shame it has resulted in the lowest position for 15 years
Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 14:41 - Feb 2 with 520 viewsonehunglow

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 14:37 - Feb 2 by PawelAbbott

Yes he has been well backed in the transfer market.
Shame it has resulted in the lowest position for 15 years

Moot point
I detest our owners but right now matters on the pitch are not their fault.

Sadly, we are seeing posters still unconcerned prefering to abuse fellow fans whether life like it or not we are fans all of us ;its why we waste our lives on here.

Ergo,fans Lifelong,dear ol mucker .

Where we are reflects Russ. We are urged to buy into his plan . I believe it is a false narrative and he is simply not thinking about anything more than progressing in the profession using us as a steeping stone.

We heard all this warlocks with Potter who got out lightning fast .

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 14:54 - Feb 2 with 509 viewsPawelAbbott

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 14:41 - Feb 2 by onehunglow

Moot point

Sadly, we are seeing posters still unconcerned prefering to abuse fellow fans whether life like it or not we are fans all of us ;its why we waste our lives on here.

Where we are reflects Russ. We are urged to buy into his plan . I believe it is a false narrative and he is simply not thinking about anything more than progressing in the profession using us as a steeping stone.

I agree with you.
They aren't great but they can't be blamed for this shambles.
They've backed RM and it's gone wrong
Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 14:56 - Feb 2 with 507 viewsvetchonian

SO what if we had won the final and were in the PL who is to say Geuhi and Woodman ( who many fans disliked) wouldnt have signed permant contracts and been our players now.
Possiblt Connor may have stayed as his ambition was to be a PL player...Jamal would not have perhaps been sold to BOurnemouth we would have lost Ayew but so>

Absolutely we need to be different and that is why our acadamy was so important yet despite us developing players to play the "Swansea Way" under coaches like Cam Toshack who many said should have been appointed as manager we seem to be discarding players such as Brandon Cooper who has been brought up to be comfortable with the ball at his feet playing out from the back.

Martin spent a season and a half at MKDons and his "style" got them to 13th this season with a change in manger they are pushing for promotion whilst also playing more attacking football ...their fans seem delighted now he left them.

I feel sorry for MArtin as the owners/club have let him down this window...but I am not convinced he is going to be the "great " manager many keep saying he will be

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 15:00 - Feb 2 with 505 viewsPawelAbbott

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 14:41 - Feb 2 by onehunglow

Moot point

I agree with you.
They aren't great but they can't be blamed for this shambles.
They've backed RM and it's gone wrong
Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 15:11 - Feb 2 with 491 viewsSkipTheJack

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 14:34 - Feb 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Why would you blame Cooper? Tell me who he should have brought in for £1m a season then to transform our squad.

You can keep saying we weren’t progressing under him until you are as blue in the face as your avatar, but it’s a fact that we progressed every single year and as a manager he has progressed every single year.

Cooper was supposed to be the manager, not me! What difference does it make who I think we should have signed!!! I'm just glad that he wasn't given money or we'd probably have spent £10m+ on Woodman and Brewster.

If you genuinely think that we improved under Cooper then you and I are never going to agree on anything. Is there anybody decent in our squad who we can point to and say "that was a Cooper signing"? Anyone?

I respectfully bow out of this debate.....
Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 15:11 - Feb 2 with 490 viewsvetchonian

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 14:30 - Feb 2 by SkipTheJack

I think Piroe came under our radar as Cooper had pointed him out having come across him in his England days...so maybe he wasnt just touting his England U17s,

Cooper had his hands tied re players he didnt have the wriggle room we have this season given the likes ao Ayew and their wages are gone but what he did do was make the best use of the reources he had.
We say the fottball was not great to watch if many were honest this seasons hasnt been that much better but the difference is we can attend the games Im sure if we had to watch all of this seasons games on the box we might well be saying the same...
One of our better performances last night yet the team was booed off...

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 15:14 - Feb 2 with 487 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 15:11 - Feb 2 by SkipTheJack

Cooper was supposed to be the manager, not me! What difference does it make who I think we should have signed!!! I'm just glad that he wasn't given money or we'd probably have spent £10m+ on Woodman and Brewster.

If you genuinely think that we improved under Cooper then you and I are never going to agree on anything. Is there anybody decent in our squad who we can point to and say "that was a Cooper signing"? Anyone?

I respectfully bow out of this debate.....

I don’t think we improved, I know we did. It’s a fact not an opinion.

Season 1, 6th, 70 points, play off semi final.
Season 2, 4th, 80 points, play off final.

Cooper wasn’t given money to buy permanent players, so of course not. He had to rely on loans on bargain basement signings.

Which makes it even more remarkable he was able to do what he did.

The first time he was allowed to sign someone for a decent whack of cash he brought in Piroe, arguably our best player.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2022 15:16]

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 16:10 - Feb 2 with 454 viewsonehunglow

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 15:11 - Feb 2 by vetchonian

I think Piroe came under our radar as Cooper had pointed him out having come across him in his England days...so maybe he wasnt just touting his England U17s,

Cooper had his hands tied re players he didnt have the wriggle room we have this season given the likes ao Ayew and their wages are gone but what he did do was make the best use of the reources he had.
We say the fottball was not great to watch if many were honest this seasons hasnt been that much better but the difference is we can attend the games Im sure if we had to watch all of this seasons games on the box we might well be saying the same...
One of our better performances last night yet the team was booed off...

Didn’t Russ say how much he loved the fans patience ?

Fans have clearly had enough.

Another stinking from Blackburn then Fulham might see this disingenuous crap outed for what it is.

We deserve better than this .
It doesn’t have to be painful

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 20:07 - Feb 2 with 382 viewslifelong

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 14:34 - Feb 2 by onehunglow

You have showed exactly the sort of man you are and it is not pretty.
Not a fan>
Why do I bother with the likes of you denying the obvious.

Fans care.

Fans get upet

Fans get upset

not,get your rod out and get down the lovley Gower and kill some fish

You are not a fan, stop pretending that you are.
Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 20:19 - Feb 2 with 368 viewsAndyCole

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 20:07 - Feb 2 by lifelong

You are not a fan, stop pretending that you are.

C'mon lifey mun, you're better than that, surely.

OHL is one of the most passionate Swans fans on these here forums.

Lifey's too short for your constant draining obsession, regardless of your motives it surely must stop. If not for you, then for the good of this fine, pre-eminent Swans fans' forum.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 20:43 - Feb 2 with 360 viewsonehunglow

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 20:19 - Feb 2 by AndyCole

Lifey's too short for your constant draining obsession, regardless of your motives it surely must stop. If not for you, then for the good of this fine, pre-eminent Swans fans' forum.

AC
Rog and I have been at this for 15 yrs. He's a decent chap.

He is hurting as I am ;difference is I say so.

It is true I am rarely if ever satisfied and Im comfortable with that. Its what my professional life taught me.

When people like lifey and winston go on about what I posted 10 yrs ago,you can bet your life they agree with me but dare not admit it a they would be cast out by their PS chums. Shrewsbury was years ago. I remember driving back seething.

You are seeing more agree with my perception of this coach and more will come over to my view wjich admittedly is bleak.

If it turns out fine then great. There is no sign whatoever of that .

You chums.

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 20:53 - Feb 2 with 350 viewslifelong

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 20:19 - Feb 2 by AndyCole

Passionate Swans fan? You’re having a laugh?

Have you read some the things he has poster over the years about our club, City and Wales in general?

Whenever we have a defeat or poor performance he’s all over this forum like a rash, he’s been doing it for years. I could post some classics on here…it’s not pretty.

He’ll resort to violent reactions eventually, like telling you to go down the Gower and commit suicide, or send you threatening pm’s suggesting that you’re lucky you don’t live closer to him.

That’s the sort he is.
Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 21:15 - Feb 2 with 334 viewsAndyCole

Hats off to the Hatters.This will offend on 20:53 - Feb 2 by lifelong

Passionate Swans fan? You’re having a laugh?

Have you read some the things he has poster over the years about our club, City and Wales in general?

Whenever we have a defeat or poor performance he’s all over this forum like a rash, he’s been doing it for years. I could post some classics on here…it’s not pretty.

He’ll resort to violent reactions eventually, like telling you to go down the Gower and commit suicide, or send you threatening pm’s suggesting that you’re lucky you don’t live closer to him.

That’s the sort he is.

The thing is, it's surely best to move on and focus on the now. And proffer your own views on the now as you see them unfold. Like most of us do each day, like OHL does with aplomb.

You used to be an uplifting read when you did that. Back in the day.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024