Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The home support fully behind Russ 22:33 - Feb 5 with 6879 viewsbuilthjack

Is it only people off forums who don't attend games that lay into him continuously ?
The fans in the stadium were fully behind him.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The home support fully behind Russ on 16:42 - Feb 6 with 932 viewsvetchonian

The home support fully behind Russ on 16:36 - Feb 6 by magicdaps10

Surely that is a joke!?

Win 1-0 against the team in 2nd place with 10 men for 30mins! This just sums up some posters on here, don't understand the reality of it all.

Yes I thought the same quite often last season....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The home support fully behind Russ on 16:54 - Feb 6 with 913 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Absolute rubbish.
I go to every home game and can confirm that people sat all around me have been muttering and questioning Martin's decisions for some time. People are not happy.
They also booed after Luton and that is not the first time I've heard boos.

We needed those 3 points last night and we didn't expect to get them, I understand why some are ecstatic...but let's not pretend that we weren't lucky (they missed 2 sitters) and that all is now fixed, 'cos it isn't.

In many ways it was a typical performance, the main difference being that we had 2 strikers on the field.
I am chuffed that Martin tried a different formation, that's a good start.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

The home support fully behind Russ on 17:25 - Feb 6 with 888 viewsMinesapint

The home support fully behind Russ on 16:54 - Feb 6 by Ajack_Kerouac

Absolute rubbish.
I go to every home game and can confirm that people sat all around me have been muttering and questioning Martin's decisions for some time. People are not happy.

We needed those 3 points last night and we didn't expect to get them, I understand why some are ecstatic...but let's not pretend that we weren't lucky (they missed 2 sitters) and that all is now fixed, 'cos it isn't.

In many ways it was a typical performance, the main difference being that we had 2 strikers on the field.

Thanks for that. Refreshingly honest.

I cannot put into words how much I miss going to the games. But you have certainly matched what I have heard from friends and neighbours who are season ticket holders.

Really hope last night will be a turning point. For all fans including those sat at home.
The home support fully behind Russ on 17:45 - Feb 6 with 865 viewsSTID2017

The home support fully behind Russ on 16:54 - Feb 6 by Ajack_Kerouac

Absolute rubbish.

No one ( as far as I know ) is pretending it was a stellar performance and that we didn't ride our luck at times.
However look back at many of the pre match posts.
The way some were talking you would swear we were playing Man City, Barca and Real Madrid combined.
Talk was of a hammering and I suspect many expecting to see four or five conceded.
When we lost Manning, I thought "Here it comes" but by a combination of luck and great defending and determination we won.
RM gets pelted when we are rubbish and we lose.
Well sorry it was his team and tactics that got us that win and he deserves his share of the credit.
You cant have it both ways

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The home support fully behind Russ on 17:50 - Feb 6 with 857 viewsAjack_Kerouac

The home support fully behind Russ on 17:45 - Feb 6 by STID2017

No one ( as far as I know ) is pretending it was a stellar performance and that we didn't ride our luck at times.
The way some were talking you would swear we were playing Man City, Barca and Real Madrid combined.
Talk was of a hammering and I suspect many expecting to see four or five conceded.
When we lost Manning, I thought "Here it comes" but by a combination of luck and great defending and determination we won.
Well sorry it was his team and tactics that got us that win and he deserves his share of the credit.

I gave him some credit in my post, not too much credit, not a whole lot of credit...but some credit.
The right amount of credit (IMO).

As always, it is important to keep things in perspective, be realistic, and not delude ourselves.

For example, the idea that negativity only comes from armchair fans whilst all in the stadium are happy clapping their little plonkers off...it's not true is it.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

The home support fully behind Russ on 18:06 - Feb 6 with 838 viewsvetchonian

The home support fully behind Russ on 17:50 - Feb 6 by Ajack_Kerouac

I gave him some credit in my post, not too much credit, not a whole lot of credit...but some credit.

As always, it is important to keep things in perspective, be realistic, and not delude ourselves.

For example, the idea that negativity only comes from armchair fans whilst all in the stadium are happy clapping their little plonkers off...it's not true is it.

great post....I attend and I gave been a vocal critic this season....know of others at the ground who are not elated with current situation .

It's because one of the " loud " critics who speaks with data lives the other side of the world...
People seem to have forgotten how none of us attended the stadium last season yet it didn't stop many being critical.....some of those are the same ones telling the likes of DocP he cant comment as he isn't at the game

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The home support fully behind Russ on 18:13 - Feb 6 with 830 viewsmagicdaps10

The home support fully behind Russ on 17:25 - Feb 6 by Minesapint

Thanks for that. Refreshingly honest.

I cannot put into words how much I miss going to the games. But you have certainly matched what I have heard from friends and neighbours who are season ticket holders.

Really hope last night will be a turning point. For all fans including those sat at home.

Heard from friends and neighbours..... Of course you have 😂

You are a right one aren't you!?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The home support fully behind Russ on 18:22 - Feb 6 with 817 viewsSTID2017

The home support fully behind Russ on 17:50 - Feb 6 by Ajack_Kerouac

Not suggesting that and as I posted in a reply to Doc P , I and many around me were critical of the performance at Hull and against Luton.
As already stated though then that has to be balanced by credit when it is due.
As for the armchair fans, yes of course they are allowed a voice.
One - Perch - however is full of negativity towards everything and sorry I cannot and will not accept his skewed views on Swans and life in general

Login to get fewer ads

The home support fully behind Russ on 18:27 - Feb 6 with 810 viewsMinesapint

The home support fully behind Russ on 18:13 - Feb 6 by magicdaps10

Heard from friends and neighbours..... Of course you have 😂

You are a right one aren't you!?

Mate I dont know you but you do go out of your way to try and stir things.
Its evident in almost every post. Snidey comments.
Not sure what I did or said to deserve that response but I am sure you feel it was a worthwhile comment.
Good for you.
The home support fully behind Russ on 18:50 - Feb 6 with 769 viewsmagicdaps10

The home support fully behind Russ on 18:27 - Feb 6 by Minesapint

Not sure what I did or said to deserve that response but I am sure you feel it was a worthwhile comment.
Good for you.

I just stand up to the posters on a wind up and lie to suit their own agenda to prove to themselves they are right.

So yeah it was a worthwhile comment, well done me and more fool you for saying you don't know me but then proceed to tell me something about my posting habits, obviously you pay enough attention to me to comment.

Friends and neighbours 😂. Would you like to add a bit more about their views on the situation?

The home support fully behind Russ on 18:50 - Feb 6 with 769 viewsPawelAbbott

The home support fully behind Russ on 16:36 - Feb 6 by magicdaps10

Surely that is a joke!?

Win 1-0 against the team in 2nd place with 10 men for 30mins! This just sums up some posters on here, don't understand the reality of it all.

I came away wondering if Martin had had something of an epiphany. That results do matter more than just style.
Last 30 minutes was parking the bus to get the win rather than possession based style
The home support fully behind Russ on 18:56 - Feb 6 with 756 viewsmagicdaps10

The home support fully behind Russ on 18:50 - Feb 6 by PawelAbbott

I came away wondering if Martin had had something of an epiphany. That results do matter more than just style.
Last 30 minutes was parking the bus to get the win rather than possession based style

Football evolves, the situation after Tuesday meant that the result was far more important than the performances especially after the red card. He made the calls and we held on for 3 points so he made the correct call.
Playing football will always be priority to him but he is a very young manager and he will evolve, was always going to happen regardless of people calling for it after a handful of games into his tenure with us. I think people were very naive or could even argue trying to be clever by saying he needed to change things.

Wether people are honest, agree or not..... As soon as Martin was appointed it became a arm wrestle from fans over Martin v Cooper. Some of us want to move on and look forward and others want to beat Martin with the Cooper stick every chance they have.

The home support fully behind Russ on 19:01 - Feb 6 with 754 viewsmagicdaps10

The home support fully behind Russ on 17:45 - Feb 6 by STID2017

You are bang on there, when we do win and the credit is then given to said poster/s because its the way they said we need to play if we have any chance to win.

Its getting tiresome the lengths some posters are going to just to knock Martin and prove that they are some magical oracle of footballing knowledge, in fact it's become a knowledge of all things in life.

The home support fully behind Russ on 19:07 - Feb 6 with 743 viewsMinesapint

The home support fully behind Russ on 18:50 - Feb 6 by magicdaps10

I just stand up to the posters on a wind up and lie to suit their own agenda to prove to themselves they are right.

So yeah it was a worthwhile comment, well done me and more fool you for saying you don't know me but then proceed to tell me something about my posting habits, obviously you pay enough attention to me to comment.

Friends and neighbours 😂. Would you like to add a bit more about their views on the situation?

I have been a member of this forum for some time. I am not a prolific poster. I am an avid observer however. Both of the televised games and this and other message boards. I am only a member here however.

The onlooker really does see most of the game. Despite being severely visually impaired, I see enough to spot a trouble maker.

I dont really want to be dragged into one of your "bitchfests" if you dont mind. Will let you get on with what clearly floats your boat.

Enjoy your evening.
The home support fully behind Russ on 19:40 - Feb 6 with 713 viewsmagicdaps10

The home support fully behind Russ on 19:07 - Feb 6 by Minesapint

I have been a member of this forum for some time. I am not a prolific poster. I am an avid observer however. Both of the televised games and this and other message boards. I am only a member here however.

The onlooker really does see most of the game. Despite being severely visually impaired, I see enough to spot a trouble maker.

I dont really want to be dragged into one of your "bitchfests" if you dont mind. Will let you get on with what clearly floats your boat.

Enjoy your evening.

Would you Adam and eve it!

Totally agree despite the sly digs, nothing is worth a bitch fest, doesn't float my boat but I certainly can't do arrogance.

I hope you have as equally an enjoyable evening.

The home support fully behind Russ on 19:56 - Feb 6 with 692 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The home support fully behind Russ on 12:42 - Feb 6 by STID2017

Guy standing next to me moans about anything and everything even as when we had scored ?
Hates Grimes and his 6 yard passes with a passion

Hiya 👋

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The home support fully behind Russ on 21:25 - Feb 6 with 644 viewsCatullus

The home support fully behind Russ on 18:27 - Feb 6 by Minesapint

Good for you.

Maybe he has no friends or neighbours who go to games? I certainly do so his post made me laugh. My next door neighbour has a season ticket as does a fella 7 doors up and I have many friends who attend too.

I do agree some posters have gone over the top with their comments though. I guess some of the comments, well time will tell who was right.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The home support fully behind Russ on 21:33 - Feb 6 with 633 viewsDr_Parnassus

Daps in meltdown

It’s the same every single win, the trolls come out looking for trouble. It never ends well for them bless them.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

The home support fully behind Russ on 21:36 - Feb 6 with 632 viewsDr_Parnassus

The home support fully behind Russ on 14:06 - Feb 6 by STID2017

Surely no one denied the booing took place after certain games ?
However it was certainly not all who had chosen to remain as was suggested, but just a small but noisy minority.

It seems the suggestion those that attend because they can, love it and clap and cheer when we lose. And those that aren’t happy are ones that don’t go.

The evidence suggests otherwise.

The home support fully behind Russ on 21:43 - Feb 6 with 618 viewsDr_Parnassus

The home support fully behind Russ on 14:20 - Feb 6 by Boundy

Smatterings of booing for a brief period , thats all . so I wouldn't read too much into it , Full on support last night , thats football fans for you

That’s what booing is. It doesn’t tend to last for very long, usually a few seconds after a badly conceded goal or the full time whistle.

That’s what we heard at both Forest and Luton at home, simply a fact.

Not everyone booed of course, but not everyone that didn’t go will complain either.

Of course nobody booed yesterday, we won. Didn’t see many complaints on here either. Did you?

Common sense.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2022 21:48]

The home support fully behind Russ on 23:04 - Feb 6 with 582 viewsPawelAbbott

The home support fully behind Russ on 18:56 - Feb 6 by magicdaps10

Football evolves, the situation after Tuesday meant that the result was far more important than the performances especially after the red card. He made the calls and we held on for 3 points so he made the correct call.
Playing football will always be priority to him but he is a very young manager and he will evolve, was always going to happen regardless of people calling for it after a handful of games into his tenure with us. I think people were very naive or could even argue trying to be clever by saying he needed to change things.

Wether people are honest, agree or not..... As soon as Martin was appointed it became a arm wrestle from fans over Martin v Cooper. Some of us want to move on and look forward and others want to beat Martin with the Cooper stick every chance they have.

Was it beating him with the Cooper stick. Or the "Not winning games" stick?
The home support fully behind Russ on 23:17 - Feb 6 with 572 viewsDr_Parnassus

The home support fully behind Russ on 23:04 - Feb 6 by PawelAbbott

Was it beating him with the Cooper stick. Or the "Not winning games" stick?

Basically what the resident troll has said there is:-

He recognises that he was outspoken against our manager for the last two seasons, slated him win, lose or draw suggesting it would be better with another manager. Even when the managerial change came he was slagging him off.

Now that Cooper is going well and Martin not so well he would rather it not be mentioned, any references to the more successful era are now banned or considered beating Martin with the Cooper stick. Expect that phrase to stick.

He also goes on to touch upon how annoyed he is that those who recognised early that we needed to adapt this system in order to get results have been proven correct despite him being in the camp that suggests he wouldn’t change the system and nor shouldn’t he, patience being the only remedy. He has said that those people clearly now feel justified in being correct all along and it annoys him (and clearly a couple of others) - hence his (their) tantrums.

That’s the long and the short of it.

The home support fully behind Russ on 23:26 - Feb 6 with 559 viewsSTID2017

The home support fully behind Russ on 19:56 - Feb 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Hiya 👋

Not you is it ?

The home support fully behind Russ on 23:31 - Feb 6 with 549 viewsSTID2017

The home support fully behind Russ on 23:17 - Feb 6 by Dr_Parnassus

Basically what the resident troll has said there is:-

He recognises that he was outspoken against our manager for the last two seasons, slated him win, lose or draw suggesting it would be better with another manager. Even when the managerial change came he was slagging him off.

Now that Cooper is going well and Martin not so well he would rather it not be mentioned, any references to the more successful era are now banned or considered beating Martin with the Cooper stick. Expect that phrase to stick.

He also goes on to touch upon how annoyed he is that those who recognised early that we needed to adapt this system in order to get results have been proven correct despite him being in the camp that suggests he wouldn’t change the system and nor shouldn’t he, patience being the only remedy. He has said that those people clearly now feel justified in being correct all along and it annoys him (and clearly a couple of others) - hence his (their) tantrums.

That’s the long and the short of it.

"Now that Cooper is going well and Martin not so well he would rather it not be mentioned, any references to the more successful era are now banned or considered beating Martin with the Cooper stick. Expect that phrase to stick."
Made me laugh that.
Should make it a stick-y

The home support fully behind Russ on 23:33 - Feb 6 with 542 viewsDr_Parnassus

The home support fully behind Russ on 23:31 - Feb 6 by STID2017

"Now that Cooper is going well and Martin not so well he would rather it not be mentioned, any references to the more successful era are now banned or considered beating Martin with the Cooper stick. Expect that phrase to stick."
Made me laugh that.
Should make it a stick-y

Indeed there is a few on here that repeat the same nonsense to each other, that’s where the myths come from. As soon as one says it then it becomes a regular use.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024