Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AFCON final on BBC3 at 7pm 17:49 - Feb 6 with 5876 viewsGloryHunter

With Seny on the bench.

(Stupidly, I've only just realised I can get BBC3 on my TV - I had to retune it, which seems to happen quite often with Freeview.)

Anyway, maybe Mendy will knock himself out on the post and Seny will come on and be the hero for Senegal.
AFCON final on BBC3 at 7pm on 12:31 - Feb 7 with 755 viewsMrSheen

AFCON final on BBC3 at 7pm on 11:32 - Feb 7 by traininvain

Probably not helped by France (and other countries) hoovering up some of the most talented players from Africa.

I seem to remember reading that 15 players from the 2018 World Cup winning France squad would have qualified to play for an African country.

When Senegal beat France in 2002, all of the Senegal team played in France, and none of the French team.
AFCON final on BBC3 at 7pm on 23:09 - Feb 7 with 582 viewsGloryHunter

AFCON final on BBC3 at 7pm on 11:32 - Feb 7 by traininvain

Probably not helped by France (and other countries) hoovering up some of the most talented players from Africa.

I seem to remember reading that 15 players from the 2018 World Cup winning France squad would have qualified to play for an African country.

Yes, France grants French citizenship and passport rights to citizens of its overseas colonies. As does the Netherlands with Dutch Indonesia, Curacao, Suriname - luminaries such as Edgar Davids, Clarence Seedorf, and our own Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. Not a bad policy, when it comes to picking the best footballing talent.

[Edit: and Belgium, of course - including Benteke, Mpenza and others]
[Post edited 7 Feb 2022 23:12]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024