Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Name and shame please 22:44 - Feb 19 with 19767 viewsMarjorie_Plane

Enough is enough... I'm vexed! We need to stop this and stop this right now. Please DM me who these trouble makers are or name these individually publicly so we can pass to Mr. Gauge and the authorities. We are fan based club so let the fans police themselves. We need everyones help to stop this!

Who is this?

https://tinypic.host/i/0Zudb

Name and shame please on 12:30 - Feb 20 with 3617 viewsRAFCBLUE

Name and shame please on 12:10 - Feb 20 by sweetcorn

My god, do you have nothing better to do with your Saturday night?

Its not great they've gone onto the pitch, but to be sat in on a Saturday night asking for names seems a little sad.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60416872.amp

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-pitch-invasions-ban

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17403940/arsenal-pitch-invaders-ban-canc

We strongly remind everyone it is a criminal offence under the Football (Offences) Act 1991 to enter the pitch without prior permission.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Name and shame please on 12:37 - Feb 20 with 3550 viewsD_Alien

Name and shame please on 12:10 - Feb 20 by sweetcorn

My god, do you have nothing better to do with your Saturday night?

Its not great they've gone onto the pitch, but to be sat in on a Saturday night asking for names seems a little sad.

I can't think of anything better to do on a shit Saturday night in February after an important three points than continue to protect the good name of the club that people have been donating their time (unpaid) and money (earned) to these past nine months

The type of 'support' you're condoning is unwanted and a stain on the club, which could (if things don't change) cost us with a fine or worse. Have a think on that

[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 12:39]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Name and shame please on 12:39 - Feb 20 with 3545 viewssweetcorn

Name and shame please on 12:29 - Feb 20 by kel

I’m often baffled why people seem to think people shouldn’t be posting on certain nights, especially weekends.

Is it sad to be posting on a Sunday morning because we should all be at church or a Sunday afternoon when we should be having a family Sunday dinner? (I’m not religious in any way, just an example).

Maybe a no posting rule while Corrie and Eastenders is on during the week too?

Different people live different lives believe it or not.

Okay I'll change my post. I think it's sad on any night. I don't agree with going on the pitch, but everyone has done stupid things when young and drunk. It's not like it's a weekly occurrence.

If the powers that be wish to take it further fair enough, but the whole whiter than white routine from some posters is tedious.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Name and shame please on 12:40 - Feb 20 with 3534 viewssweetcorn

Name and shame please on 12:30 - Feb 20 by RAFCBLUE

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60416872.amp

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-pitch-invasions-ban

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17403940/arsenal-pitch-invaders-ban-canc

We strongly remind everyone it is a criminal offence under the Football (Offences) Act 1991 to enter the pitch without prior permission.

Okay if you want to play that routine, did you go on the pitch all the times we were promoted or made it to Wembley? As I've said we've all done stupid things..

Name and shame please on 12:41 - Feb 20 with 3524 viewsD_Alien

Name and shame please on 12:39 - Feb 20 by sweetcorn

Okay I'll change my post. I think it's sad on any night. I don't agree with going on the pitch, but everyone has done stupid things when young and drunk. It's not like it's a weekly occurrence.

If the powers that be wish to take it further fair enough, but the whole whiter than white routine from some posters is tedious.

Tough, because we're going to help the club stamp it out

Name and shame please on 12:42 - Feb 20 with 3518 viewssweetcorn

Name and shame please on 12:37 - Feb 20 by D_Alien

I can't think of anything better to do on a shit Saturday night in February after an important three points than continue to protect the good name of the club that people have been donating their time (unpaid) and money (earned) to these past nine months

The type of 'support' you're condoning is unwanted and a stain on the club, which could (if things don't change) cost us with a fine or worse. Have a think on that

[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 12:39]

"it's not great they've gone onto the pitch"

How is that condoning the behaviour? I don't agree with it at all. The part I'm taking umbrage with is the holy Christ routine being played out on this forum by older posters.

Name and shame please on 12:44 - Feb 20 with 3507 viewsD_Alien

Name and shame please on 12:42 - Feb 20 by sweetcorn

How is that condoning the behaviour? I don't agree with it at all. The part I'm taking umbrage with is the holy Christ routine being played out on this forum by older posters.

By doing the latter, you're condoning the former

Unless action is taken, the damaging behaviour will continue. Isn't that perfectly obvious?

Name and shame please on 12:52 - Feb 20 with 3466 viewsjudd

Name and shame please on 12:42 - Feb 20 by sweetcorn

Sadly the squaring up to an opposing player is clearly highlighted.

I don't think there was any of that sort of behaviour after the games had finished and joyous crowds entered the pitch at the games you reference.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

Name and shame please on 12:57 - Feb 20 with 3410 viewskel

I’m not sure anyone is claiming to be whiter than white but stand to be corrected.

The young and drunk excuse is maybe acceptable once or twice but we all know it’s the same faces every time something goes on that shouldn’t. I sit as far away as possible from the ones in the corner of the Pearl Street who are more interested in goading away fans than watching the game. It’ll be a long time before I take my lad(s) to an away game if we have people making excuses for them because they are “young and drunk”.

There was one guy I knew from about 20 years ago on that YouTube video through mutual mates and he certainly isn’t young, trust me.
Name and shame please on 13:16 - Feb 20 with 3308 viewsNafelad

Having spent the afternoon trying to support my team and being forced to suffer the distraction of the behaviour of these so-called fans AND the pathetic stewards, I won't be going to any away games in the future, unless there is separate accommodation for 'normal fans'.

Topcat

Name and shame please on 14:23 - Feb 20 with 3113 viewsjudd

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17707383/rochdale-fans-scunthorpe/

The Scunthorpe player being threatened here is a 20 year old player going about his gainful employment.

Name and shame please on 14:27 - Feb 20 with 3081 viewsSandyDrum

Young and drunk?

They look like they’re about 30!

I’ve been drunk at countless football matches (as my stupid posts on here after the FGR game can attest to) and I’ve never once thought “hmm you know what, I’m gonna go on the pitch and square up to an opposition player instead of staying in the stand and celebrating with my mates and fellow Dale fans.”

It’s just dead weird behaviour, I’ll never understand it.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 14:34]

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Name and shame please on 14:35 - Feb 20 with 3032 viewsHullDale

Just been chatting to the older relative who comes to most away games with me.

He didn't go to Oldham because he thought there might be trouble, but recently has been to Notts, Hartlepool, Colchester, FGR & Barrow.

He's just said he isn't going to come to any more away matches - 'not worth the hassle and the risk of it kicking off'. He's only started coming to home games this season but was probably going to get a ST next year. Not sure if he'll even bother with that now, especially if the stupid stuff on away days starts spilling into matches at home (it did a couple of times in Studds at the start of the season and then calmed down).

Losing money, support and goodwill we can ill afford at the minute.
Name and shame please on 14:35 - Feb 20 with 3026 viewskel

Name and shame please on 14:27 - Feb 20 by SandyDrum

Young and drunk?

They look like they’re about 30!

I’ve been drunk at countless football matches (as my stupid posts on here after the FGR game can attest to) and I’ve never once thought “hmm you know what, I’m gonna go on the pitch and square up to an opposition player instead of staying in the stand and celebrating with my mates and fellow Dale fans.”

It’s just dead weird behaviour, I’ll never understand it.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 14:34]

Same. Been hammered at many an away game and seen winners where “the emotion has taken over” but never been tempted to run on the pitch because I’ve seen knobheads at other clubs do the same on the telly.

Some people have some serious growing up to do.
Name and shame please on 14:39 - Feb 20 with 3018 viewsHullDale

Name and shame please on 11:28 - Feb 20 by wehateoldham

We was 1-0 down come back to win 2-1 excitement gets the better of us, stop sharing pictures of me on the internet you weirdo

I'd argue that you were no more excited than any other fan in the away end... everybody there was clearly buzzing to have scored and gone ahead.

The difference is the selfish attitude which makes you seem to think you have a right to act a certain way at the expense of everybody else. Its either selfish and arrogant, the result of different substances (not just booze, clearly) on your decision making, or more likely a toxic combination of both.

Threatening other fans, forcing families to move, throwing inflatable cocks about, throwing flares, invading the pitch, squaring up to opposition players, offensive chants, multiple illegal acts. That's not excitement getting the better of you. Its just being more than a bit dim.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 14:41]
Name and shame please on 14:45 - Feb 20 with 2988 viewsdesmond

Didn't one of the directors run on the pitch once .....
Name and shame please on 14:50 - Feb 20 with 2966 viewsjudd

Name and shame please on 14:45 - Feb 20 by desmond

He wasn't a director when he was a kid.

He didn't threaten any players.

Name and shame please on 14:54 - Feb 20 with 2935 viewsRAFCBLUE

You can't claim not to know the law; we've all been to lots of matches and watch lots of matches on the TV.

Pitch invaders are rare. Confrontational pitch invaders are, fortunately, even rarer.

Here is the law:
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1991/19

Going onto the playing area.

It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove).

So here is how it is going to work:

(1) An offence has been committed, captured by photographic evidence from the Sun newspaper
(2) An investigation has to take place. Remember it is Scunthorpe United's ground, no ours, they will be the complainant.
(3) The person(s) identified will have to state their case
(4) The law says they have to have a lawful excuse.

The vast majority of supporters have condemned the behaviour and don't agree with it or think there was a lawful excuse for it.

Being drunk isn't a lawful excuse, in fact its a very poor excuse.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Name and shame please on 14:57 - Feb 20 with 2904 viewsD_Alien

Doesn't it say it all that one of the tools comes on here under a username using the word "hate" in connection with another club rather than in support of Dale?

You're not welcome at the club, either home or away. No-one who supports the club 'hates' any other club

Oldham fans joined in the walk from Dale to Latics in support of ridding both our clubs of a malignancy growing within the game. Fans of many other clubs have contributed funds to help our cause

YOU and your mates are causing us harm. You're as bad in your own way as the hostile takeover mob. Stop your offensive behaviour or get out of our support, or you'll be cut out like the cancer you are

Name and shame please on 15:04 - Feb 20 with 2869 viewsscarrow

Shame the stewards and the police stood around and did nothing. I'm all for an atmosphere being created but these morons can go and watch another club they are embarrassing.

Poll: Final position

Name and shame please on 15:16 - Feb 20 with 2790 viewskel

Name and shame please on 14:45 - Feb 20 by desmond

Two wrongs don’t make a right though, do they? I’d say now he’s older he probably regrets it (only my opinion) whereas the ones you’re making an excuse for will never regret what they did yesterday. It’s a badge of honour as we’ve seen on this thread alone.

There’s also this excuse on Twitter that some of them rescued people from a fire yesterday on the way to the Regal Moon. Brilliant of them that and truly heroic but it doesn’t give them an excuse to behave like they did at a totally unrelated football match.
Name and shame please on 15:43 - Feb 20 with 2668 viewsMarjorie_Plane

I am a lot older than most of you, and hopefully wiser. I've done some stupid things in my life but I've never done this... its indefensible

Name and shame please on 16:22 - Feb 20 with 2487 viewsSuddenLad

Quite simply, these morons should:

(1) be banned for life by our club, from ever setting foot in Spotland/COA again. That should be done tomorrow and publicly.

(2) banned forever from using official club transport to attend away games.

(3) their details passed to Scunthorpe FC, for them to take action as they deem appropriate.

As an aside, there was reference in an earlier post to the recent trip to Colchester United. I was on the supporters coach. Our departure after the game was delayed because some buffoon of a Dale 'fan' has been detained for destroying a seat in the stand and smashed it beyond repair.

It so happened that the Police generously gave him the option of coughing up the money to pay for it,or spending the night in a cell. A quick call home secured sufficient funds to allow his release and we were belatedly on our way.

That's another idiot that should never be allowed on the supporters coach ever again. I hope he's been banned.

Our club is in a struggle for it' very existence. We need to show the world (particularly the British press) that we are doing everything the right way on and off the field. We are appealing from support from all quarters and the supporters of many other clubs have been extremely generous in helping us achieve our aim.

If this stupid behaviour alienates just ONE supporter, from anywhere, who might otherwise have considered donating money or time to our cause, then these brainless clowns have damaged our cause and as such, they should be banned.

We don't need you, we don't want you - so stay away.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Name and shame please on 16:33 - Feb 20 with 2426 viewsDalenet

Name and shame please on 15:43 - Feb 20 by Marjorie_Plane

I am a lot older than most of you, and hopefully wiser. I've done some stupid things in my life but I've never done this... its indefensible

Reading that Twitter thread, somebody said that GMP were there to wtach the fans. Since when have we needed GMP to follow fans away?

We struggle right now to get 2000 home fans to get down to COA. We don't need stories like this, or clowns to boot.
Name and shame please on 16:57 - Feb 20 with 2312 viewsSuddenLad

Police forces regularly send their officers to away games to oversee the travelling supporters. Any action at the time will be taken by the 'host' police force, (in this case Humberside) but any information obtained as a result of incidents at the game will be shared to all forces.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024