Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Referee today 15:26 - Feb 26 with 4447 viewsextratimeR

I know Clive will nail this properly, but just gob smacked at what went on this afternoon.

Our keeper removed by a raised boot following through.

Travis still on pitch, ( despite a late dangerous challenge on Dickie), after he took out Field? in First half.

Johnson, just given carte blanche, ( tricky spelling to kick and foul as and when.

As mentioned above , the serious injury was timed at six minutes by Sky so extra time must be er extra?

That's it with me and Sky commentary, ( I'm usually Andy Sinton), but Jobi Mcanuff, " that's a Second challenge by Field" really!!! Travis, Johnson, the head case at Centre Half?

Apologies nothing rational this afternoon.

Oh and no way was that a foul by MacCallum.

In the minority here but was actually ok with performance against a team who got every decision today.

Always a good idea to boot the oppo keeper off the pitch.

Referee today on 16:32 - Feb 28 with 1016 viewsPinnerPaul

Referee today on 13:36 - Feb 28 by nix

That's the problem. The very least they should be is consistent. At least in the same frigging match. I understand that people make mistakes but this is not about a marginal split second decision, officials have time to consider whether or not to book someone. If he books someone early on he should book players for offences of equal magnitude throughout the match, otherwise he's disproportionately affecting one team.

Haven't seen it, don't have Sky, don't do VPNs and have no interest watching a replay/highlights of a match I know we're going to lose so can't comment.

BUT, you're correct on the general point - inconsistency within the same game even annoys me at times!

Gavin Ward got some stick the other night, but he at least was allowing the same type of challenges throughout the game - except maybe that last free kick for Blackpool!
Referee today on 17:29 - Feb 28 with 917 viewsstowmarketrange

Referee today on 13:36 - Feb 28 by nix

That's the problem. The very least they should be is consistent. At least in the same frigging match. I understand that people make mistakes but this is not about a marginal split second decision, officials have time to consider whether or not to book someone. If he books someone early on he should book players for offences of equal magnitude throughout the match, otherwise he's disproportionately affecting one team.

I couldn’t believe he booked Field for the first foul in the game,but then decided that virtually that followed was worth him getting the cards out.But he is from Lancashire after all.
Referee today on 16:04 - Mar 1 with 754 viewsfrancisbowles

Referee today on 13:35 - Feb 28 by PinnerPaul

It didn't, it hit him on the bicep.

This red and green arm thing is a bit of a joke IMHO, it certainly hit him. mainly on the lower part of the arm - its handball all day long - even the PGMOL admitted it......eventually!

Its farcical, just stick with the on field decision, at least he can only get it wrong once!

I agree it's farcical and should stick with the on field decision.

As it is in the laws, where do you draw the line? If a small part of the ball hits the end of the t shirt sleeve, is that on the line and not handball?

Do we have a whole of the ball scenario or does it differ from every other law of the game?
Referee today on 16:27 - Mar 1 with 715 viewsOldPedro

Referee today on 16:04 - Mar 1 by francisbowles

As it is in the laws, where do you draw the line? If a small part of the ball hits the end of the t shirt sleeve, is that on the line and not handball?

Do we have a whole of the ball scenario or does it differ from every other law of the game?

And what do you do if a player wears a long sleeve shirt or if a club design a shirt where the sleeve goes down to the elbow...........

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Referee today on 09:08 - Mar 2 with 585 viewsPinnerPaul

Referee today on 16:04 - Mar 1 by francisbowles

Who knows?

Certainly the refs on RefChat don't!

I'm sure there is a department at the IFAB dedicated to making the handball law as complicated as possible - they are doing a good job of achieving this by introducing a change every year!
Referee today on 09:48 - Mar 2 with 547 viewsfrancisbowles

Thanks Pinner.

What a 'state of affairs'.

In that case, part of the ball hit part of the sleeve so therefore not the whole of the ball has hit the 'red zone' and the ref was right.

So it's a to Lampard, the FA, FIFA, the International Board and whoever else deserves one.
Referee today on 17:14 - Mar 2 with 459 viewsPinnerPaul

I think trying to apply the whole ball argument to the sleeve nonsense is well....nonsense!

The only good thing about making the whole handball law so complicated and ever changing, is that's its a great cop out for us refs, any queries on a decision, "Sorry player, its the new handball law"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024