Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheletenham Tips 14:52 - Mar 14 with 7832 viewsdubaistu

Anyone ITK out there... fancy a flutter.

TIA
Cheletenham Tips on 08:44 - Mar 17 with 1753 viewsPhildo

2) Why was there booing from the crowd after Delta Work beat Tiger Roll? Was it because Tiger Roll got beat or was it because it was trained by Gordon Elliott who was banned for a year after a photo emerged of him sitting on a dead horse? Never heard booing after a race before.

I was there and I think there was a sentimental feeling all round that Tiger Roll should have been given the big send off - don't think it was anything to do with the photo thing

A lot were on Tiger roll and the punters had taken a bit of a beating with Shishkin previously
Cheletenham Tips on 09:59 - Mar 17 with 1607 viewswood_hoop

Cheletenham Tips on 08:44 - Mar 17 by Phildo

2) Why was there booing from the crowd after Delta Work beat Tiger Roll? Was it because Tiger Roll got beat or was it because it was trained by Gordon Elliott who was banned for a year after a photo emerged of him sitting on a dead horse? Never heard booing after a race before.

I was there and I think there was a sentimental feeling all round that Tiger Roll should have been given the big send off - don't think it was anything to do with the photo thing

A lot were on Tiger roll and the punters had taken a bit of a beating with Shishkin previously

For those not so clued up with the jumps, might seem strange to some but a few horses do gain a legend/hero status during their career and Tiger Roll was one of them, if you think Red Rum along those lines, it was the last race for Tiger Roll and he has been a supurb advert for racing, only a little fella but full of heart, I was not surprised he did get beat yesterday, ground was just a little too soft, still ran like a lion though till the end.

Right enough waffling, onto today's picks, going for a treble, shortish prices , but big handicaps like a lottery and I tend to avoid.

1.30 Bob Olinger 11/10

2.50 Allaho 4/6

3.30 Klassical Dream 4/1

approx 17/1 treble
Cheletenham Tips on 11:53 - Mar 17 with 1486 viewsdermyqpr

Guy I know tells us the horse he's involved in should be in the frame in the 4.50 today.
Grangee
Cheletenham Tips on 11:58 - Mar 17 with 1477 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Here are Charlie Austin's Day Three selections

Cheletenham Tips on 12:08 - Mar 17 with 1458 viewsswitchingcode

Cheletenham Tips on 08:44 - Mar 17 by Phildo

I was there too and agree with all that.just about dried out has to be my worse ever day there and I’ve been going for over 30 years
Cheletenham Tips on 12:42 - Mar 17 with 1412 viewswood_hoop

Cheletenham Tips on 12:08 - Mar 17 by switchingcode

I was there too and agree with all that.just about dried out has to be my worse ever day there and I’ve been going for over 30 years

I am no expert by any means but I did state in a post on here I thought Shiskin and Tiger Roll were suspect due to the heavens having opened, so why so much was plunged on them was a mystery to me, ante post punters I can understand being a bit miffed, but then thats the name of the game.

Two very good horses missed out to a certain extent on the accolades they deserved due to the failings of two who would have probably fared better if the race was run on the M4.

Good luck to any having a bet today,
Cheletenham Tips on 13:51 - Mar 17 with 1318 viewsNoelmc

Amazing end to the first race. Odds on favourite Galopin des Champs well clear and comfortable fell at the last. This allowed Rachael Blackmore to win on Bob Olinger.

Felt sorry for the punter who had the £50,000 bet on the favourite, which they showed pre-race.
Cheletenham Tips on 14:07 - Mar 17 with 1292 viewswood_hoop

Cheletenham Tips on 13:51 - Mar 17 by Noelmc

Amazing end to the first race. Odds on favourite Galopin des Champs well clear and comfortable fell at the last. This allowed Rachael Blackmore to win on Bob Olinger.

Felt sorry for the punter who had the £50,000 bet on the favourite, which they showed pre-race.

Big bets not rare at Cheltenham, first day somebody had £50k @5/2 on Constitution Hill.

SIhiskin had one yesterday @ £100k...........punter never even got a proper run.

Now todays and first race of the day .......

You can feel for the bookies ......not !
Login to get fewer ads

Cheletenham Tips on 09:34 - Mar 18 with 1083 viewswood_hoop

The last day of the meet and Gold Cup Day.

3.30 Protektorat 10/1 each way..
Cheletenham Tips on 09:54 - Mar 18 with 1047 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Cheletenham Tips on 11:58 - Mar 17 by superhoopdownunder

Here are Charlie Austin's Day Three selections

Looks like Charlie Austin got out in the last yesterday

Cheletenham Tips on 10:10 - Mar 18 with 1013 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Timeform Day Four selections

1.30 Pied Piper (odds 4.5)
2.10 First Street & Gua du Large (odds 21 and 36)
2.50 Bardenstown Lad & Good Time Jonny (odds 21 and 23)
3.30 Galvin (odds 5)
4.10 Bob And Co (odds 8)
4.50 Elimay (odds 3.5)
5.30 Chemical Energy (odds 14)

If you are having a bet on the final day of Cheltenham festival this year. Good Luck!
Cheletenham Tips on 15:39 - Mar 19 with 751 viewsNoelmc

Interesting that yesterday's Gold Cup Winner 'A plus Tard' is owned by the family of Richard Thompson and he was heavily featured in the celebrations and presentation.

Shame he wasn't as successful in football as he is in horse racing, having been our Chairman 1988-96
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024