Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooperball gets to prem 18:25 - May 29 with 3729 viewsSwans9

Mad stick he took on here.
Cooperball gets to prem on 19:26 - May 29 with 1127 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Cooperball gets to prem on 18:59 - May 29 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s not irrelevant.

He wasn’t expected to win the play offs. He wasn’t expected to win the FA Cup. He wasn’t expected to be able to win every game.

So if you count him ‘not winning something’ that he was large underdog to achieve anyway as a failure - then that has to be consistent.

It means Martin failed to get promotion this season, it means Martin failed to win the league, Martin failed to win the FA Cup, Martin failed to win the League Cup.

Did Martin fail to do those things or not?

Piroe ‘failed’ to score 100 goals didn’t he?
[Post edited 30 May 2022 5:59]

Failed to get in top half
Failed to sort out our defence
Failed to adapt his tactics when we had 3 goal leads.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Cooperball gets to prem on 19:27 - May 29 with 1120 viewsjojaca

Congratulations to Mr Cooper, I wanted him out and I hold my hand in saying I've got it wrong. I appreciate him more now after our season with Russell.

You realize how important it is to get the basics right, the ugly art of football. But I still think Russell's way with a bit of tinkering would be better suited to Premier League football and better for survival. I personally thought the final today was very poor standard and Forest will be wiping boys next year, if they don't inject some cash.

I am looking forward now to the Piroe Forest rumours now this week.

Even when you know, you never know?

Cooperball gets to prem on 19:50 - May 29 with 1057 viewsKilkennyjack

Well done Mr Cooper.

You are still a bluebird though.

Beware of the Risen People

Cooperball gets to prem on 21:09 - May 29 with 953 viewsKeithHaynes

He will be forever hailed as a ‘football’ legend in this parts.
Well done to him and Tatey.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cooperball gets to prem on 21:22 - May 29 with 924 viewsBadlands

TBH This Cooper love in is making me puke.
Two seasons of utter boredom with a very good squad and two failed (bottled) play offs.
Forest have exceeded expectations but only won because Huddersfield scored.
180 minute at Wembley and none of Cooper's players has scored.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooperball gets to prem on 21:35 - May 29 with 907 viewsnantywatcher

Cooperball gets to prem on 21:22 - May 29 by Badlands

Two seasons of utter boredom with a very good squad and two failed (bottled) play offs.

You don't half talk al load of absolute rubbish
"Two seasons of utter boredom with a very good squad."
Two seasons of far more interesting football than most of the utter garbage we had to endure last season.
And the thing that really struck me today was that, apart from 4/5 obvious exceptions, most of that Forest team would not have been good enough to play for us last season.
Their captain's comments after the game about Cooper spoke volumes.
My main hope for next season is having Calderwood in the set up - we are desperate for someone who understands this game.
Cooperball gets to prem on 22:05 - May 29 with 872 viewsmahoss

Cooperball gets to prem on 19:12 - May 29 by BillyChong

The January window last season was the end for Cooper. The two out of condition/below standard American loanees instead of a half decent striker ended any faith he had in the owners.

Spot on…….

Massive mistake by the owners.
That was the time to invest and they didn’t, they’ll never get that close again.
Unforgivable and Cooper was right to walk away.
Cooperball gets to prem on 22:46 - May 29 with 836 viewsChief

'bottled' play offs?

If you 'bottle' something, you fail to do achieve something when you're expected to achieve it, generally due to nerves or mishandling the pressure of being the favourite. Don't think anyone can dispute that definition?

After scraping into the play offs with a last gasp (but impressive) last day of season win at Reading (coupled with forest capitulation), we came up against Brentford. A team who'd beaten us 3-0 and 3-1 in the season, finished 3 places and 11 points higher than us. In what universe we were the favourites in that play off tie!?

A year later and we come up against Brentford again. This after season where they finished 7 points clear of us and were on a far better run of form. Again, but all independent accounts, we were not the favourites.

Losing games to better sides certainly does not constitute 'bottling' it.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

Cooperball gets to prem on 23:00 - May 29 with 819 viewsLorax

One and a half seasons of decent football, half a season of dross.

I would also argue that Martin had at least as good a squad as Cooper with 2 proper strikers, not converted wide players.

Anyway, what does it matter, well done to Cooper and Forest. they'll find it hard next season but well done. What Forest played this season was different to what we saw and the final wasn't great but they often aren't.

Can we move on now?
Cooperball gets to prem on 23:03 - May 29 with 811 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooperball gets to prem on 22:46 - May 29 by Chief

'bottled' play offs?

If you 'bottle' something, you fail to do achieve something when you're expected to achieve it, generally due to nerves or mishandling the pressure of being the favourite. Don't think anyone can dispute that definition?

After scraping into the play offs with a last gasp (but impressive) last day of season win at Reading (coupled with forest capitulation), we came up against Brentford. A team who'd beaten us 3-0 and 3-1 in the season, finished 3 places and 11 points higher than us. In what universe we were the favourites in that play off tie!?

A year later and we come up against Brentford again. This after season where they finished 7 points clear of us and were on a far better run of form. Again, but all independent accounts, we were not the favourites.

Losing games to better sides certainly does not constitute 'bottling' it.

Can we make this post a sticky?

I do love good myth busting.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Cooperball gets to prem on 21:33 - May 30 with 572 viewsAndyCole

Great thread. Ought to be a sticky as a prescient reminder to Wunter and the loser Martinballers here. Crunch time.

Cooperball has a winning strategy and in-game tactics. Excellent man-management and deployment of scarce resources. Effective, Efficient & Entertaining. Elite level manager with a glittering career at the top table, fair play and well deserved. A proper winner, playing Winning football.

Martin has a losing strategy for us.  Plummeted us down to 15th from 4th and a Final. A perennial loser, playing losing football.

And worse still Martin has a potentially winning ploy for his CV.  A proper used car salesman - Rylan Martin as he is less affectionately known amongst the discontented. All image, no substance (and parts his hair from the right, OHL).

The vast majority who voted for Coops and Tatey to stay (75%) were right. The unthinking minority of twps were wrong, again. Just as the very same twps are so wrong about supporting Martinfraudball.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024