Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season long investments 11:11 - Jul 25 with 5082 viewsTomS

It's that time of the year where we gaze into the crystal ball and put together an accumulator which will hopefully keep us interested in other leagues for much of the season. My strategy, which unfortunately has rarely paid a dividend, is to pick one bet from each of the four divisions.

This season, I'm going with Fulham to be relegated, Norwich to be promoted, (yeah, I know!), MK Dons to finish in the Top 6 and Northampton to finish in the top 7. The odds are 29/1

Season long investments on 16:52 - Jul 27 with 1440 viewsPinnerPaul

From Paddy Power

Senior Mens only post qualification : Champions League, Europa League, World Cup and European Championship, Premier League, English Championship, League 1 & 2, Scottish Prermier and League 1, German Bundesliga, French Ligue 1 and Spanish La Liga.
All other football event types.
Match Betting, Total Goals, Correct Score, First Goalscorer, Asian Handicaps, Handicap Betting. All other markets not listed. Match Betting, Total Goals, Correct Score, Asian Handicaps, Handicap Betting. All other markets not listed.
£1,000,000 £100,000 £50,000 £10,000

Bit difficult to read and you would have to ask them, BUT as Womens Euros not listed in the first group, you could be looking at a limit of £50,000 for an acca including that comp.

Not immediately clear if one leg of an acca not 'qualifying' automatically pops the whole bet into catergory B as it were, but certainly worth checking BEFORE bet placed!
Season long investments on 17:26 - Jul 27 with 1400 viewsSouthallRanger

Season long investments on 15:48 - Jul 27 by PinnerPaul

Pointless putting that many in an acca, you will find your bookies pay out limit for a single bet WAY below that 'return' you have listed - sorry!

If I understand the bet365 acca limit correctly I thought it was capped at £2m. But maybe I need to read the terms and conditions more closely
Season long investments on 17:31 - Jul 27 with 1390 viewsPinnerPaul

Season long investments on 17:26 - Jul 27 by SouthallRanger

If I understand the bet365 acca limit correctly I thought it was capped at £2m. But maybe I need to read the terms and conditions more closely

See above - most bookies it will depend on the event.

PP doesn't class the Womens Euros in their top category, so have a £100,000 limit on bets on that comp, but £1,000,000 on the mens top leagues.

On some of the novelty/non sport bets, you will be surprised how low the limits can be.
Season long investments on 19:38 - Jul 31 with 1267 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Season long investments on 03:20 - Jul 27 by SouthallRanger

Always go for a long range acca”investment” each year. I consider it akin to playing the lotto with the logic that at least some of my own judgement is mixed in rather than just picking random numbers… although of course it’s always the bookies that win. Still a bit of fun while it lasts with a small chance of becoming a millionaire.

This year 20 fold acca:
England women to win euros 3/4
England men reach semi final of World Cup 6/4
Barca to win la liga 5/4
Bayer Leverkusen to finish top four 8/11
Marseille finish top three 1/1
Forrest to be relegated 6/5
Boro finish top six 11/10
Club Brugge win league 4/6
Ludogorets win Bulgarian league 2/5
Slavia Prague win Czech league 3/5
Ajax win league 8/13
Molde win league 5/6
Porto win league 5/4
CFR cluj win Romanian league 1/1
Slovan Bratislava win Slovakian league 1/2
Malmo win Swedish league 8/15
Ipswich finish top six 4/7
Bradford finish top seven 8/11
Chesterfield finish top seven 8/13
South Shields win northern premier league 11/8

My £10 will net me £1,872,160.48

Already planning what to spend it on… maybe one months electricity bill

Edit: maybe not the best idea in the world staying up making random bets at 3am and then posting about it on QPR message boards… time to go to sleep

Edit 2: I make similar ludicrous acca bets each round of league matches but only place £1 each time. This limits my total betting spend to under £60 per year. That goes up in World Cup and euro years, but at least it’s controlled
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 3:46]

One down Southall….

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Season long investments on 09:28 - Aug 1 with 1165 viewsrobith

Season long investments on 15:48 - Jul 27 by PinnerPaul

Pointless putting that many in an acca, you will find your bookies pay out limit for a single bet WAY below that 'return' you have listed - sorry!

Yep, only 365 or Hills would pay out. Pay out are also daily so if you won another bet that day it wouldn't pay out

Bookmaker English Football
bet365 £2,000,000
Betfair £1,000,000
Betfred £1,000,000
BetVictor £500,000
Betway £500,000
Boylesports €500,000
Coral £1,000,000
Ladbrokes £1,000,000
Paddy Power £1,000,000
Sky Bet £500,000
Unibet £250,000
William Hill £2,000,000
888 Sport £250,000
Season long investments on 16:13 - Aug 1 with 1104 viewsPinnerPaul

Season long investments on 09:28 - Aug 1 by robith

Yep, only 365 or Hills would pay out. Pay out are also daily so if you won another bet that day it wouldn't pay out

Bookmaker English Football
bet365 £2,000,000
Betfair £1,000,000
Betfred £1,000,000
BetVictor £500,000
Betway £500,000
Boylesports €500,000
Coral £1,000,000
Ladbrokes £1,000,000
Paddy Power £1,000,000
Sky Bet £500,000
Unibet £250,000
William Hill £2,000,000
888 Sport £250,000

BUT as I said above, Paddy Power for one, have a two tier system - mens acca would pay £1,000,000 but only in certain comps, WSL ACCA certainly would NOT pay £1,000,000 - £100,000 I think.
Season long investments on 21:50 - Aug 1 with 1009 viewsSouthallRanger

Season long investments on 19:38 - Jul 31 by PlanetHonneywood

One down Southall….

Haha, one down, only nineteen more to go. The womens euros was the only one with a result in the immediate future. The rest will come down to the end of the various seasons, so time to ignore that bet for at least 5-6 months to see if it still has legs. Like I said I put it on more like a lottery and don’t hold big hope on it.

Even less hope after Pinners posts about a two tier system meaning I almost certainly would not win the advertised payout. I did actually try to see the bet365 terms and conditions for that but couldn’t find anything useful via the app. Probably need to go to their website to find the small print but not worth investing my time on that as it’s a bet to nothing with very small chance of winning anyway. If there is some sort of chance of the bet coming off come next year then I might pay attention and look it up properly.
Season long investments on 17:30 - Aug 2 with 925 viewsPinnerPaul

Season long investments on 21:50 - Aug 1 by SouthallRanger

Haha, one down, only nineteen more to go. The womens euros was the only one with a result in the immediate future. The rest will come down to the end of the various seasons, so time to ignore that bet for at least 5-6 months to see if it still has legs. Like I said I put it on more like a lottery and don’t hold big hope on it.

Even less hope after Pinners posts about a two tier system meaning I almost certainly would not win the advertised payout. I did actually try to see the bet365 terms and conditions for that but couldn’t find anything useful via the app. Probably need to go to their website to find the small print but not worth investing my time on that as it’s a bet to nothing with very small chance of winning anyway. If there is some sort of chance of the bet coming off come next year then I might pay attention and look it up properly.

Fair enough - good luck!

Another tip, IF a few legs come in, have a look at the Cash Out possibilities.
Login to get fewer ads

Season long investments on 23:11 - Aug 2 with 876 viewsTomS

No need. If it's an online bet and a few of them come in, with the rest looking highly likely to come in, the bookies will be contacting him first with an offer to settle.
Season long investments on 08:44 - Aug 3 with 812 viewsPinnerPaul

Season long investments on 23:11 - Aug 2 by TomS

No need. If it's an online bet and a few of them come in, with the rest looking highly likely to come in, the bookies will be contacting him first with an offer to settle.

Possibly not, as I said above, given the competitions contained in the acca, I would expect payout to be £100,000 at best.
Season long investments on 14:39 - Aug 4 with 705 viewsSouthallRanger

Season long investments on 08:44 - Aug 3 by PinnerPaul

Possibly not, as I said above, given the competitions contained in the acca, I would expect payout to be £100,000 at best.

Right even though I said I would leave things alone for months now I felt far too guilty that other posters helped me out with advice and I left things hanging. I also feel bad for essentially overtaking this topic.

So I did have a dog on the bet365 website. It turns out my max winnings would be capped at £50k

Thanks to all who offered advice, especially Pinner

Obviously this leaves me with a bet that has far longer odds than necessary for the payout, but never mind… £50k would still be better than nothing, haha. Live and learn for next time. Next year I will place enough bets to get close to the max of either the £500k or the £250k markets.

If anyone is interested in the bet365 small print I’ll paste it below. If not then please ignore past this point:

- £2,000,000 for all Men’s full International matches and the following competitions - English Premier League, Championship, League 1, League 2, FA Cup, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, German Bundesliga I, French Ligue 1, UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League.

- £500,000 for the following competitions - Australian A-League, Scottish Premiership, English National League, Norwegian Tippeligaen, Portuguese Primeira Liga, Swedish Allsvenskan and English League Cup.

- £250,000 for the following competitions - Spanish Segunda, Italian Serie B, German Bundesliga II, French Ligue 2, Danish Superliga, Dutch Eredivisie, Finnish Veikkausliiga, Japanese J-League, Norwegian First Division, Swedish Superettan and USA MLS.

- £100,000 for the following competitions - Austrian Bundesliga, Belgian First Division A, Danish Division 1, Scottish Championship, Scottish League One, Scottish League Two, Swiss Super League, Greek Super League and Turkish Super League.

- £50,000 for all other soccer competitions and for qualifying rounds for all competitions including UEFA Champions League qualifying rounds, Europa League qualifying rounds and FA Cup qualifying rounds (does not apply to Men’s full Internationals qualifying rounds).

- £25,000 for the following markets - Manager Markets, Player to Make Squad, Player to Start Match, Player to be Booked/Sent Off, Player of the Tournament and Transfer Specials.
Season long investments on 14:52 - Aug 4 with 679 viewsPinnerPaul

Season long investments on 14:39 - Aug 4 by SouthallRanger

Right even though I said I would leave things alone for months now I felt far too guilty that other posters helped me out with advice and I left things hanging. I also feel bad for essentially overtaking this topic.

So I did have a dog on the bet365 website. It turns out my max winnings would be capped at £50k

Thanks to all who offered advice, especially Pinner

Obviously this leaves me with a bet that has far longer odds than necessary for the payout, but never mind… £50k would still be better than nothing, haha. Live and learn for next time. Next year I will place enough bets to get close to the max of either the £500k or the £250k markets.

If anyone is interested in the bet365 small print I’ll paste it below. If not then please ignore past this point:

- £2,000,000 for all Men’s full International matches and the following competitions - English Premier League, Championship, League 1, League 2, FA Cup, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, German Bundesliga I, French Ligue 1, UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League.

- £500,000 for the following competitions - Australian A-League, Scottish Premiership, English National League, Norwegian Tippeligaen, Portuguese Primeira Liga, Swedish Allsvenskan and English League Cup.

- £250,000 for the following competitions - Spanish Segunda, Italian Serie B, German Bundesliga II, French Ligue 2, Danish Superliga, Dutch Eredivisie, Finnish Veikkausliiga, Japanese J-League, Norwegian First Division, Swedish Superettan and USA MLS.

- £100,000 for the following competitions - Austrian Bundesliga, Belgian First Division A, Danish Division 1, Scottish Championship, Scottish League One, Scottish League Two, Swiss Super League, Greek Super League and Turkish Super League.

- £50,000 for all other soccer competitions and for qualifying rounds for all competitions including UEFA Champions League qualifying rounds, Europa League qualifying rounds and FA Cup qualifying rounds (does not apply to Men’s full Internationals qualifying rounds).

- £25,000 for the following markets - Manager Markets, Player to Make Squad, Player to Start Match, Player to be Booked/Sent Off, Player of the Tournament and Transfer Specials.

No worries.

As I suspected, although I didn't know what the rule was if you mix and match, clearly they go for the lowest league contained in the acca and use that limit - not a surprise , given how risk adverse bookies are!
Season long investments on 16:01 - Aug 4 with 637 viewsSouthallRanger

Season long investments on 14:52 - Aug 4 by PinnerPaul

No worries.

As I suspected, although I didn't know what the rule was if you mix and match, clearly they go for the lowest league contained in the acca and use that limit - not a surprise , given how risk adverse bookies are!

Yes Pinner that is exactly what they do with an acca that mixes the markets. The lowest becomes the cap. If I had copied one more paragraph then that would also have been explained. Trust me to do a half arsed copy and paste
Season long investments on 16:56 - Aug 4 with 608 viewsPinnerPaul

Season long investments on 16:01 - Aug 4 by SouthallRanger

Yes Pinner that is exactly what they do with an acca that mixes the markets. The lowest becomes the cap. If I had copied one more paragraph then that would also have been explained. Trust me to do a half arsed copy and paste

Not a problem!

Good to know that is the rule.

Bettor beware!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024