Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 11:38 - Aug 1 with 27239 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the first home game of the EFL season for Swansea City, the next home game will be the second and so on. It was the same last season as well, and it didn’t even get a mention, so this time around let’s pause for a second and have some consideration for consecutive numbering. For counting purposes it’s unrivalled. Oh and by the way, don’t steal my info like you do stories ya belting prunes.

Refs and stuff
STEPHEN MARTIN
Craig Taylor and Lee Venamore
Fourth Official : Ollie Yates

Swansea City would like to inform season ticket holders that their digital in-app tickets are now accessible through the Swans Official app. All season ticket holders and match ticket holders are able to gain access to their digital ticket(s) through the club’s app, which is available to download from the App store (iOS) or Google Play store (Android).

LATEST NEWS !

Thursday evening
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58132/swansea-city-go-in

Friday morning
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58136/joe-allen-still-no

Saturday !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58141/deadly-duo-ready-t

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Kyle Naughton, Harry Darling; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Joel Piroe, Olivier Ntcham, Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ben Cabango, Jamie Paterson, Matty Sorinola, Ollie Cooper, Cameron Congreve, Liam Cullen.

Blackburn Rovers: Thomas Kaminski, Callum Brittain, Harry Pickering, Daniel Ayala, Sammie Szmodics, Sam Gallagher, Scott Wharton, Ryan Hedges, John Buckley, Ben Brereton Diaz, Lewis Travis (captain).

Substitutes: Aynsley Pears, Tayo Edun, Bradley Dack, Tyler Morton, Jack Vale, Ash Phillips, Tyrhys Dolan.

Referee: Stephen Martin.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58161/russell-martin-we-

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 22:49 - Aug 4 with 1818 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 14:08 - Aug 4 by 3swan

Year 5 only 2 out ???

From the squad haven't we had Hamer, Smith, Dhanda and Downes

I’m not counting players that make no impact. Otherwise I’d have to count the likes of Freeman, Declan John etc and it doesn’t give a fair indicator.

Hamer was never playing this season and neither was Dhanda.

I counted Smith. Smith and Downes is who we have realistically lost as options this season. If you really wanted to add Hamer in then that’s 3 and the point remains. But I wouldn’t.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 22:52 - Aug 4 with 1812 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 13:07 - Aug 4 by vetchonian

We were a selling club before then after our first season in the championship under Martinez we sold our manager and his back room staff including scouting sold our top scorer in Jason Scotland and lost the midfield marvel that was Jordi Lopez the next season we finished 9th in the league that season the following season we finished 8th

At the end of the 2011/12 season we sold our Manager along with promising midfielder Joe Allen to Liverpool as well as Scott Sinclair a key goalscorer sold to Mancity the next season we won our first major trophy

And even before that too with Trundle, Stuart Roberts before him, Torpey before him.

We have been a selling club for all my Swansea days, which is approaching 30 years. This season is one of the better ones in terms of losing players, losing only one is quite the luxury.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : THURS update on 23:24 - Aug 4 with 1784 viewsReslovenSwan1

Nearly all clubs are now keen to sell. It is a buyers market. Swansea have made some excellent signing recently Piroe, Obafemi, Downes, Darling, Wood, perhaps? £5m-£6m total.

£10m half of a potential Piroe fee would go a long way in this market with a good scouting operation.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : THURS update on 06:27 - Aug 5 with 1720 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : THURS update on 23:24 - Aug 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Nearly all clubs are now keen to sell. It is a buyers market. Swansea have made some excellent signing recently Piroe, Obafemi, Downes, Darling, Wood, perhaps? £5m-£6m total.

£10m half of a potential Piroe fee would go a long way in this market with a good scouting operation.

If we were only going to spend £10M of any potential Piroe fee I would rather not sell. If he went for £20M and we had £15 plus to spend it would be different.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : THURS update on 06:35 - Aug 5 with 1687 viewsDr_Parnassus

We wouldn’t even spend £10m. Not in terms of transfer fees anyway.

If we sold Piroe for £16m let’s say for arguments sake (a realistic figure).

We may get that Leeds defender for £2m (+£500k associated costs) + £15k a week on a 3 year deal.. £2.3m.

That’s £4.8m in total just for the full back.

I would imagine we would outlay the same for a new striker. £2m fee + 500k costs + 15k a week.

So while people would look at it and see a £4m outlay and start complaining that only £4m has been spent… the outlay is probably more akin to £9m.

We would also likely take out a loan against the instalments of the Piroe transfer so probably wouldn’t see anything like £16m anyway.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : THURS update on 06:43 - Aug 5 with 1688 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : THURS update on 06:35 - Aug 5 by Dr_Parnassus

We wouldn’t even spend £10m. Not in terms of transfer fees anyway.

If we sold Piroe for £16m let’s say for arguments sake (a realistic figure).

We may get that Leeds defender for £2m (+£500k associated costs) + £15k a week on a 3 year deal.. £2.3m.

That’s £4.8m in total just for the full back.

I would imagine we would outlay the same for a new striker. £2m fee + 500k costs + 15k a week.

So while people would look at it and see a £4m outlay and start complaining that only £4m has been spent… the outlay is probably more akin to £9m.

We would also likely take out a loan against the instalments of the Piroe transfer so probably wouldn’t see anything like £16m anyway.

I was talking about total outlay and should have made it clearer. Spend doesn't automatically mean transfers only. £10M spend will bring us very little value in a Piroe replacement, its never going to be worth doing, as I said I should have made it clearer

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 09:02 - Aug 5 with 1600 views3swan

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 22:49 - Aug 4 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m not counting players that make no impact. Otherwise I’d have to count the likes of Freeman, Declan John etc and it doesn’t give a fair indicator.

Hamer was never playing this season and neither was Dhanda.

I counted Smith. Smith and Downes is who we have realistically lost as options this season. If you really wanted to add Hamer in then that’s 3 and the point remains. But I wouldn’t.

I can understand the logic of players that make no impact and I would put Dhanda in that category as he only played in 7 games.
Hamer though did play 23 games and was back up keeper after Fisher arrived.
Bennett played 20 games although not in the plans but his wages seem to be affecting our ability in the transfer market.
Both Hamer and Bennett would be replaced in the squad so some impact.
Surely though an impact to the squad must include loan players that were involved the previous seasons (although the number differential could have the same outcome.) to give a fair indicator, as their loss has an impact on the squad.
Added to this of course is that there is nearly 4 weeks to the transfer deadline, which could affect the current numbers used in the comparison for disruption to the squad
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 10:39 - Aug 5 with 1519 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 09:02 - Aug 5 by 3swan

I can understand the logic of players that make no impact and I would put Dhanda in that category as he only played in 7 games.
Hamer though did play 23 games and was back up keeper after Fisher arrived.
Bennett played 20 games although not in the plans but his wages seem to be affecting our ability in the transfer market.
Both Hamer and Bennett would be replaced in the squad so some impact.
Surely though an impact to the squad must include loan players that were involved the previous seasons (although the number differential could have the same outcome.) to give a fair indicator, as their loss has an impact on the squad.
Added to this of course is that there is nearly 4 weeks to the transfer deadline, which could affect the current numbers used in the comparison for disruption to the squad

We are talking about disruption though, players needing replacing who have a direct impact on the team.

If Hamer was still here, you wouldn’t have noticed.

The departure of Hamer did nothing to disrupt the plans of Russell Martin’s first team this season.

So I’m talking about actual disruption, not players not in the picture.

If we wanted to add the likes of Hamer then all that would happen is we would increased the numbers of seasons gone by where I left out the likes of:-

Peterson
Asoro
Mulder
Baker Richardson
Biabi
Declan John

Either way you look at it, this season we have had less squad disruption than any other for a long, long time.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 10:44]

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : Fri update on 10:48 - Aug 5 with 1502 viewsKeithHaynes

Latest 👍

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58136/joe-allen-still-no

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 11:03 - Aug 5 with 1476 views3swan

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 10:39 - Aug 5 by Dr_Parnassus

We are talking about disruption though, players needing replacing who have a direct impact on the team.

If Hamer was still here, you wouldn’t have noticed.

The departure of Hamer did nothing to disrupt the plans of Russell Martin’s first team this season.

So I’m talking about actual disruption, not players not in the picture.

If we wanted to add the likes of Hamer then all that would happen is we would increased the numbers of seasons gone by where I left out the likes of:-

Peterson
Asoro
Mulder
Baker Richardson
Biabi
Declan John

Either way you look at it, this season we have had less squad disruption than any other for a long, long time.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 10:44]

I agreed about players that were not in the team hence my comment about Dhanda.

I still believe my comments about loan players is valid. Our 2 wing back loan players needed replacing, so must be actual disruption

Edit

And of course a true comparison can only be after the window closes
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 11:05]
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 11:18 - Aug 5 with 1452 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 11:03 - Aug 5 by 3swan

I agreed about players that were not in the team hence my comment about Dhanda.

I still believe my comments about loan players is valid. Our 2 wing back loan players needed replacing, so must be actual disruption

Edit

And of course a true comparison can only be after the window closes
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 11:05]

But they were loan players, that was not a surprise.

That could be planned for months in advance. It doesn’t count as disruption, it’s planned for.

We are talking about this game coming up, so the comparison is entirely valid now. There has been far less disruption this season than any other for a long time.

Can you name the last season with such little disruption?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 11:31 - Aug 5 with 1424 views3swan

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 11:18 - Aug 5 by Dr_Parnassus

But they were loan players, that was not a surprise.

That could be planned for months in advance. It doesn’t count as disruption, it’s planned for.

We are talking about this game coming up, so the comparison is entirely valid now. There has been far less disruption this season than any other for a long time.

Can you name the last season with such little disruption?

Looks like we are not going to agree on what defines disruption here. Loans ending will not be a surprise but does still cause disruption as plans need amending.

I've no need to look back as I'm not making a comparison, as there is no fixed point until the window closes.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 11:33 - Aug 5 with 1404 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 11:31 - Aug 5 by 3swan

Looks like we are not going to agree on what defines disruption here. Loans ending will not be a surprise but does still cause disruption as plans need amending.

I've no need to look back as I'm not making a comparison, as there is no fixed point until the window closes.

It really doesn’t cause disruption - it’s planned for… plus we had less loans last season than most. So again the same result happens.

But it seems to agree that at this point in time, there has been far less disruption than past seasons, regardless of what parameters you want to add.

Unless of course you can think of another?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 11:41 - Aug 5 with 1402 views3swan

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 11:33 - Aug 5 by Dr_Parnassus

It really doesn’t cause disruption - it’s planned for… plus we had less loans last season than most. So again the same result happens.

But it seems to agree that at this point in time, there has been far less disruption than past seasons, regardless of what parameters you want to add.

Unless of course you can think of another?

I don't need to look back as it wasn't the point I was questioning, and I did say earlier that including loans might not change the outcome.

Not having the wing backs etc could have caused disruption as players get used to relationships on the pitch, which then needs developing with different squad members.

I've made my observations, so nothing else to add.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 11:50 - Aug 5 with 1375 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 11:41 - Aug 5 by 3swan

I don't need to look back as it wasn't the point I was questioning, and I did say earlier that including loans might not change the outcome.

Not having the wing backs etc could have caused disruption as players get used to relationships on the pitch, which then needs developing with different squad members.

I've made my observations, so nothing else to add.

You have made observations simply by commenting, you are doing that from a place of knowledge. So you know what you are saying, you know what I’m saying, you know the situation and you know what’s gone on.

You only don’t wish to concede that there has been far less disruption this season than any other in recent history because it would detract from the point you made.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 11:57 - Aug 5 with 1356 views3swan

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 11:50 - Aug 5 by Dr_Parnassus

You have made observations simply by commenting, you are doing that from a place of knowledge. So you know what you are saying, you know what I’m saying, you know the situation and you know what’s gone on.

You only don’t wish to concede that there has been far less disruption this season than any other in recent history because it would detract from the point you made.

Why do I need to concede, I wasn't trying to change your point of view, just giving thoughts. Isn't that what a forum is all about.

Time will tell if it is a time of less disruption as there are a few weeks for the position to change.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 12:45 - Aug 5 with 1307 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 11:57 - Aug 5 by 3swan

Why do I need to concede, I wasn't trying to change your point of view, just giving thoughts. Isn't that what a forum is all about.

Time will tell if it is a time of less disruption as there are a few weeks for the position to change.

Because you clearly wanted to infer that there has been a lot of disruption this season, presumably without realising that what you were suggesting actually just made my point even stronger by the fact we have had more loans in previous seasons and more squad players leave in previous seasons.

Which is why you won’t acknowledge the fact that there has been less disruption this season than any other in recent history. Even if you use this date (1 week into the season) in comparison with this date in any other.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 13:08 - Aug 5 with 1295 views3swan

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 12:45 - Aug 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Because you clearly wanted to infer that there has been a lot of disruption this season, presumably without realising that what you were suggesting actually just made my point even stronger by the fact we have had more loans in previous seasons and more squad players leave in previous seasons.

Which is why you won’t acknowledge the fact that there has been less disruption this season than any other in recent history. Even if you use this date (1 week into the season) in comparison with this date in any other.

Please don’t try and double guess what you think I mean. I don’t need to infer anything, if I want to say something I will.
Your numbers may be correct, but I believe there is more to disruption than you have highlighted.
Look back at my posts, at no point have I said there has or hasn’t been less disruption this season against any other in recent times.
What I have said is that I don’t think excluding loans is valid as it can cause disruption. (You don’t)
I have also pointed out that a comparison can’t be taken until the window is closed, so there is nothing to acknowledge.
I have also commented that your view of disruption is different to mine.
As this is just going over the same points, it isn’t worthwhile carrying on the discussion.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 13:49 - Aug 5 with 1259 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 13:08 - Aug 5 by 3swan

Please don’t try and double guess what you think I mean. I don’t need to infer anything, if I want to say something I will.
Your numbers may be correct, but I believe there is more to disruption than you have highlighted.
Look back at my posts, at no point have I said there has or hasn’t been less disruption this season against any other in recent times.
What I have said is that I don’t think excluding loans is valid as it can cause disruption. (You don’t)
I have also pointed out that a comparison can’t be taken until the window is closed, so there is nothing to acknowledge.
I have also commented that your view of disruption is different to mine.
As this is just going over the same points, it isn’t worthwhile carrying on the discussion.

So do you acknowledge that there has been less disruption at this point this season, than at the same point any any other season in recent history?

That by any metric, counting loans or discounting loans, adding squad players or discounting squad players, just using genuine first teamsters or otherwise… any which way you want to look at it.

If you have no motive with your comments then you shouldn’t have any issue acknowledging that. It’s pretty obvious to anyone who is aware of the club and the comings and goings.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 13:58 - Aug 5 with 1255 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 13:49 - Aug 5 by Dr_Parnassus

So do you acknowledge that there has been less disruption at this point this season, than at the same point any any other season in recent history?

That by any metric, counting loans or discounting loans, adding squad players or discounting squad players, just using genuine first teamsters or otherwise… any which way you want to look at it.

If you have no motive with your comments then you shouldn’t have any issue acknowledging that. It’s pretty obvious to anyone who is aware of the club and the comings and goings.

With respect,both of you are elaborating on something that is really quite prosaic ,ie,we are sheete,not winning games having a manager/coach who has called us not a proper club,has misplayed players,sent off decent lads to all points east on loan whilst keeping Cullen on the books,who really should be retraining as a Plumber or an Electrician. He seems a lovely lad and work on my pipework any time or shove a few extra sockets in my music room.

We have a manager insisting an a "style" that cannot be sustained,no matter what drivel he spouts.

He has and is dividing the fans and his legacy will be toxic and will be seen to have taken us backwards.Next manager though might have a good job on his hands as the players will be relieved to play where they are comfortable.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 15:07 - Aug 5 with 1201 views3swan

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 13:49 - Aug 5 by Dr_Parnassus

So if I don't answer in the way you want, I might have a motive.

Laughable, all my views are there for all to see, people can make their own minds up without further comment from me.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update (n/t) on 17:51 - Aug 5 with 1103 viewsJak365

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 15:07 - Aug 5 by 3swan

So if I don't answer in the way you want, I might have a motive.

Laughable, all my views are there for all to see, people can make their own minds up without further comment from me.

[Post edited 30 Oct 2022 9:12]
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 18:08 - Aug 5 with 1081 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update (n/t) on 17:51 - Aug 5 by Jak365

Cullen simply should not be with us.
He is not a professional footballer at thi level or even the level below.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 18:29 - Aug 5 with 1052 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update (n/t) on 17:51 - Aug 5 by Jak365

Changes up front, who?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 19:18 - Aug 5 with 1015 viewsKeithHaynes

I’ll agree with the pressure, he is already throwing his last few dices, but that shouldn’t detract for what we are capable of achieving with total support 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024