Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 11:38 - Aug 1 with 27240 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the first home game of the EFL season for Swansea City, the next home game will be the second and so on. It was the same last season as well, and it didn’t even get a mention, so this time around let’s pause for a second and have some consideration for consecutive numbering. For counting purposes it’s unrivalled. Oh and by the way, don’t steal my info like you do stories ya belting prunes.

Refs and stuff
STEPHEN MARTIN
Craig Taylor and Lee Venamore
Fourth Official : Ollie Yates

Swansea City would like to inform season ticket holders that their digital in-app tickets are now accessible through the Swans Official app. All season ticket holders and match ticket holders are able to gain access to their digital ticket(s) through the club’s app, which is available to download from the App store (iOS) or Google Play store (Android).

LATEST NEWS !

Thursday evening
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58132/swansea-city-go-in

Friday morning
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58136/joe-allen-still-no

Saturday !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58141/deadly-duo-ready-t

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Kyle Naughton, Harry Darling; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Joel Piroe, Olivier Ntcham, Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ben Cabango, Jamie Paterson, Matty Sorinola, Ollie Cooper, Cameron Congreve, Liam Cullen.

Blackburn Rovers: Thomas Kaminski, Callum Brittain, Harry Pickering, Daniel Ayala, Sammie Szmodics, Sam Gallagher, Scott Wharton, Ryan Hedges, John Buckley, Ben Brereton Diaz, Lewis Travis (captain).

Substitutes: Aynsley Pears, Tayo Edun, Bradley Dack, Tyler Morton, Jack Vale, Ash Phillips, Tyrhys Dolan.

Referee: Stephen Martin.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58161/russell-martin-we-

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 20:44 - Aug 5 with 1594 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 15:07 - Aug 5 by 3swan

So if I don't answer in the way you want, I might have a motive.

Laughable, all my views are there for all to see, people can make their own minds up without further comment from me.

No, answer the way you want.

We will then be able to deduce your motive from that answer. The answer is factual that’s why.

You should have no issues confirming that fact… yet seemingly you do.

There are a lot of people with the motive on here to make ready made excuses for our manager for some reason.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 02:22 - Aug 6 with 1449 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update (n/t) on 17:51 - Aug 5 by Jak365

[Post edited 30 Oct 2022 9:12]

Which video?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 06:36 - Aug 6 with 1420 viewsSwans9

I go for 15800 crowd officially they will say 17000.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update on 08:08 - Aug 6 with 1360 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : WEDS update (n/t) on 17:51 - Aug 5 by Jak365

[Post edited 30 Oct 2022 9:12]

Pressure building ?
Does he seem like a man under pressure?
After one game which we drew by the way.
Come the WC break if ( and it's a big if for me) we are not achieving what we hoped, then I agree pressure would be building.
Even at that point if the squad is ripped apart in the next few weeks ( last day of transfer window sales with panic replacements brought in ) he will have January).
Anyway for today, the sun is shining and I predict a Swans win and we all go home happy

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 08:14 - Aug 6 with 1343 viewsWhiterockin

Some of the players can't be as dire as last week and if Oba hadn't missed a sitter we would have still won. Today 3-1 win.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 08:21 - Aug 6 with 1328 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 08:14 - Aug 6 by Whiterockin

Some of the players can't be as dire as last week and if Oba hadn't missed a sitter we would have still won. Today 3-1 win.

Definetly.
A few constantly look for the negatives and use any stick to beat them with.
3 - 1 today sounds good.
Can't wait

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 08:43 - Aug 6 with 1305 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 08:14 - Aug 6 by Whiterockin

Totally agree, surely oba cannot play as bad as last week.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 09:00 - Aug 6 with 1285 viewsBryanSwan

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 08:21 - Aug 6 by STID2017

Definetly.
3 - 1 today sounds good.
Can't wait

First home game of the season, suns shining. What a beautiful day.
Too many get so wrapped up in the negativity. Just enjoy the day and the game. I've had a better time at games losing 3 nil than ones we've won. Football is what you make of it.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 09:02 - Aug 6 with 1283 viewsSwans9

Need keep 22 Diaz quiet. Piroe time to shine.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 09:08 - Aug 6 with 1260 viewsDr_Parnassus

If we set rules where we finish all our important chances and they miss theirs then we win every game.

Sadly life isn’t like that.

They can also say “if only we finished our chances”. Fisher was forced into more work than their keeper.

Draw was about fair. We would have stolen it if we won.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 11:26 - Aug 6 with 1189 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 09:08 - Aug 6 by Dr_Parnassus

If we set rules where we finish all our important chances and they miss theirs then we win every game.

Sadly life isn’t like that.

They can also say “if only we finished our chances”. Fisher was forced into more work than their keeper.

Draw was about fair. We would have stolen it if we won.

This is generally true and a draw was probably a fair result.

It wasn’t just a chance though, it was an open goal from a couple of yards out. He’ll never miss a chance that easy again. I think it’s a reasonable assumption we probably would have won had we taken the lead there, more down to Rotherham not having much to them than anything else.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 11:27 - Aug 6 with 1183 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58141/deadly-duo-ready-t

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 11:37 - Aug 6 with 1164 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 11:26 - Aug 6 by jack247

This is generally true and a draw was probably a fair result.

It wasn’t just a chance though, it was an open goal from a couple of yards out. He’ll never miss a chance that easy again. I think it’s a reasonable assumption we probably would have won had we taken the lead there, more down to Rotherham not having much to them than anything else.

“I think it’s a reasonable assumption we probably would have won had we taken the lead there, more down to Rotherham not having much to them than anything else.”

Isn’t that part of the concern though? We played them for 95 minutes or so, and we are talking about a single missed chance.

If Rotherham had nothing to them (which they don’t and will almost certainly get relegated) then you would like to think a side like us could have had a larger gap between us than a single chance, no matter how good a chance that chance was.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 12:10 - Aug 6 with 1128 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 11:37 - Aug 6 by Dr_Parnassus

“I think it’s a reasonable assumption we probably would have won had we taken the lead there, more down to Rotherham not having much to them than anything else.”

Isn’t that part of the concern though? We played them for 95 minutes or so, and we are talking about a single missed chance.

If Rotherham had nothing to them (which they don’t and will almost certainly get relegated) then you would like to think a side like us could have had a larger gap between us than a single chance, no matter how good a chance that chance was.

Yes, but that wasn’t the point being discussed.

We should be beating Rotherham, most teams will.

Had that chance gone in, I think it’s highly unlikely they’d have found a way back. That’s not to say other, better teams wouldn’t be able to.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 12:12 - Aug 6 with 1116 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 12:10 - Aug 6 by jack247

Yes, but that wasn’t the point being discussed.

We should be beating Rotherham, most teams will.

Had that chance gone in, I think it’s highly unlikely they’d have found a way back. That’s not to say other, better teams wouldn’t be able to.

But then they could be saying the same thing.

They could have easily scored 4.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 12:16 - Aug 6 with 1116 viewskrunchykarrot

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 08:21 - Aug 6 by STID2017

Definetly.
3 - 1 today sounds good.
Can't wait

There are always fans who disagree, i thought last week some of the quicker football was superb in patches and unplayable. The issue is consistency, last week we had Pato Piroe and Oba off colour lets see what happens today.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 12:21 - Aug 6 with 1108 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 12:12 - Aug 6 by Dr_Parnassus

But then they could be saying the same thing.

They could have easily scored 4.

They won’t be though. They’ll know we’d have had it in us to get back level if we went behind. In fact we did.

Fisher would have had to have had a nightmare for them to score 4
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 12:29 - Aug 6 with 1095 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 12:21 - Aug 6 by jack247

They won’t be though. They’ll know we’d have had it in us to get back level if we went behind. In fact we did.

Fisher would have had to have had a nightmare for them to score 4

But they would have it in them to go ahead again, because they already went ahead once?

I don’t understand this conversation.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 12:53 - Aug 6 with 1055 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 12:29 - Aug 6 by Dr_Parnassus

But they would have it in them to go ahead again, because they already went ahead once?

If we’d gone ahead, especially after an hour or whatever it was, I doubt they’d have pegged us back.

We surely wouldn’t have been as kamikaze 2-1 up away.

I’ll think the same if they go behind in the second half to whoever they are playing today.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 13:14 - Aug 6 with 1023 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 12:53 - Aug 6 by jack247

If we’d gone ahead, especially after an hour or whatever it was, I doubt they’d have pegged us back.

We surely wouldn’t have been as kamikaze 2-1 up away.

I’ll think the same if they go behind in the second half to whoever they are playing today.

Why would you doubt that though? They had more chances than us and already went ahead once.

No reason to think they couldn’t finish another of their numerous chances.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 13:15 - Aug 6 with 1025 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 13:14 - Aug 6 by Dr_Parnassus

Why would you doubt that though? They had more chances than us and already went ahead once.

No reason to think they couldn’t finish another of their numerous chances.

Let’s see how many times Rotherham win or draw from losing positions this season.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 13:21 - Aug 6 with 1015 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 13:15 - Aug 6 by jack247

Let’s see how many times Rotherham win or draw from losing positions this season.

But it won’t matter what they do against others, it’s what they created against us that we are discussing.

Zero reason their players couldn’t have finished their chances, just like zero reason Oba couldn’t have tucked his away.

They had plenty of chances to win the game.

Creating alternate scenarios where we are the only team that finish our extra chances seems pointless. May as well do that to every game and complain we aren’t champions.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:16 - Aug 6 with 929 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 12:29 - Aug 6 by Dr_Parnassus

The point is…
They missed their chances because we had a good keeper on the day.
Our player out-did their player. On a few occasions.

With Oba’s miss, our players out-did their players again, but messed it up himself.

Those 2 separate situations point to us winning both of them.
So if you are judging the match on Oba’s miss, plus their misses, we win 2-0 at least. But as you say, Fisher got the better of their strikers on 4 occasions. So in terms of your point. We won 5 situations to 0 there.
We deserved to win the game. Just bad luck caused it not to happen. Move on. New match.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:17 - Aug 6 with 923 viewsKeithHaynes

Todays team.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58142/swansea-city-v-bla

Views ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:18 - Aug 6 with 912 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:16 - Aug 6 by jackrmee

The point is…
They missed their chances because we had a good keeper on the day.
Our player out-did their player. On a few occasions.

With Oba’s miss, our players out-did their players again, but messed it up himself.

Those 2 separate situations point to us winning both of them.
So if you are judging the match on Oba’s miss, plus their misses, we win 2-0 at least. But as you say, Fisher got the better of their strikers on 4 occasions. So in terms of your point. We won 5 situations to 0 there.
We deserved to win the game. Just bad luck caused it not to happen. Move on. New match.

They didn’t outdo them though, Oba missed.

People are concocting fantasy scenarios by using one way logic, it’s nonsense.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024