Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread 22/23 11:38 - Aug 1 with 28310 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the first home game of the EFL season for Swansea City, the next home game will be the second and so on. It was the same last season as well, and it didn’t even get a mention, so this time around let’s pause for a second and have some consideration for consecutive numbering. For counting purposes it’s unrivalled. Oh and by the way, don’t steal my info like you do stories ya belting prunes.

Refs and stuff
STEPHEN MARTIN
Craig Taylor and Lee Venamore
Fourth Official : Ollie Yates

Swansea City would like to inform season ticket holders that their digital in-app tickets are now accessible through the Swans Official app. All season ticket holders and match ticket holders are able to gain access to their digital ticket(s) through the club’s app, which is available to download from the App store (iOS) or Google Play store (Android).

LATEST NEWS !

Thursday evening
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58132/swansea-city-go-in

Friday morning
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58136/joe-allen-still-no

Saturday !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58141/deadly-duo-ready-t

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Kyle Naughton, Harry Darling; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Joel Piroe, Olivier Ntcham, Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ben Cabango, Jamie Paterson, Matty Sorinola, Ollie Cooper, Cameron Congreve, Liam Cullen.

Blackburn Rovers: Thomas Kaminski, Callum Brittain, Harry Pickering, Daniel Ayala, Sammie Szmodics, Sam Gallagher, Scott Wharton, Ryan Hedges, John Buckley, Ben Brereton Diaz, Lewis Travis (captain).

Substitutes: Aynsley Pears, Tayo Edun, Bradley Dack, Tyler Morton, Jack Vale, Ash Phillips, Tyrhys Dolan.

Referee: Stephen Martin.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58161/russell-martin-we-

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:19 - Aug 6 with 1945 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:17 - Aug 6 by KeithHaynes

Todays team.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58142/swansea-city-v-bla

Views ?

Happy to see Ntcham having a start. He’s at 10 I imagine?
Manning for Sorinola seems fair.
Very good team. Very good chance of a win today.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:21 - Aug 6 with 1937 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:18 - Aug 6 by Dr_Parnassus

They didn’t outdo them though, Oba missed.

People are concocting fantasy scenarios by using one way logic, it’s nonsense.

He missed an open goal from 2 yards.
He out-did th opposition, plus himself.

Unless you are suggesting the opposition caused him to miss, or the keeper somehow did the right thing and was unlucky?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:21 - Aug 6 with 1934 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:19 - Aug 6 by jackrmee

Happy to see Ntcham having a start. He’s at 10 I imagine?
Manning for Sorinola seems fair.
Very good team. Very good chance of a win today.

More strength on the pitch for me, I would have been happier with Paterson instead of Fulton who offers little. Depends on the formation but watch the flute score today now I’ve said that 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:26 - Aug 6 with 1904 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:21 - Aug 6 by jackrmee

He missed an open goal from 2 yards.
He out-did th opposition, plus himself.

Unless you are suggesting the opposition caused him to miss, or the keeper somehow did the right thing and was unlucky?

Of course, he missed because he was pushed wide and put under pressure. He wouldn’t have missed if he was middle of the goal under no pressure.

There was no luck involved, just poor technique.

They had more chances to score than we did. Draw was about fair, if one team deserved it over another though it would be them.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:27 - Aug 6 with 1906 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:21 - Aug 6 by KeithHaynes

More strength on the pitch for me, I would have been happier with Paterson instead of Fulton who offers little. Depends on the formation but watch the flute score today now I’ve said that 😂

Maybe RM still isn’t fully confident in the defensive side, so wants 2 deeper midfielders.
I agree though, both Ntcham and Pato attacking would be lovely to see.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:29 - Aug 6 with 1894 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:26 - Aug 6 by Dr_Parnassus

Of course, he missed because he was pushed wide and put under pressure. He wouldn’t have missed if he was middle of the goal under no pressure.

There was no luck involved, just poor technique.

They had more chances to score than we did. Draw was about fair, if one team deserved it over another though it would be them.

Omg, the guy was on the goal line. No pressure. He was passed the defender. It had to hit his foot in the correct place and it was a goal mun. Are you insane?
And you go on about others not being able to admit things and having a motive 😂 dear me

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:35 - Aug 6 with 1860 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:29 - Aug 6 by jackrmee

Omg, the guy was on the goal line. No pressure. He was passed the defender. It had to hit his foot in the correct place and it was a goal mun. Are you insane?
And you go on about others not being able to admit things and having a motive 😂 dear me

What am I admitting exactly? He should have scored without a doubt, but he had poor technique clearly spooked by the defender coming across and took his eye off it. That’s football. What are you possibly disagreeing with?

Some of their chances they should have buried and not given Fisher a chance to save. I don’t know what point you are making?

My motive is to speak about the reality of the situation, not make up fantasy scenarios where we finish our chances and the opposition don’t.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 14:36]

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:38 - Aug 6 with 1852 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:35 - Aug 6 by Dr_Parnassus

What am I admitting exactly? He should have scored without a doubt, but he had poor technique clearly spooked by the defender coming across and took his eye off it. That’s football. What are you possibly disagreeing with?

Some of their chances they should have buried and not given Fisher a chance to save. I don’t know what point you are making?

My motive is to speak about the reality of the situation, not make up fantasy scenarios where we finish our chances and the opposition don’t.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 14:36]

Not poor technique. You don’t need technique to put that away.
My dead gran could have literally scored that.
Just place a couple of her metatarsals in the correct place on the floor and the ball would have bounced off them and gone in.
Defender wouldn’t have had a chance.
Fact.
No arguments needed.

You are being hypocritical. Again.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:42 - Aug 6 with 1832 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:38 - Aug 6 by jackrmee

Not poor technique. You don’t need technique to put that away.
My dead gran could have literally scored that.
Just place a couple of her metatarsals in the correct place on the floor and the ball would have bounced off them and gone in.
Defender wouldn’t have had a chance.
Fact.
No arguments needed.

You are being hypocritical. Again.

Of course you need good technique to make goal bound contact with a ball fired across the box. He took his eye of it and made contact with his heel, that’s poor technique.

You are being silly again. Like usual.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:49 - Aug 6 with 1811 viewsDr_Parnassus

That’s technique. Body shape, eye on the ball - technique.

He made an error by thinking it was easy and relaxing on both. It was poor, not unlucky. Nothing unlucky about it.

You have literally just been banned for trolling and have come back doing exactly the same thing. You certainly have a motive and I will call it out every single time, as I always have done when you are misbehaving.

Deal with it kid.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:52 - Aug 6 with 1807 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:49 - Aug 6 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s technique. Body shape, eye on the ball - technique.

He made an error by thinking it was easy and relaxing on both. It was poor, not unlucky. Nothing unlucky about it.

You have literally just been banned for trolling and have come back doing exactly the same thing. You certainly have a motive and I will call it out every single time, as I always have done when you are misbehaving.

Deal with it kid.

Easy and relaxing is exactly what it should have been. Cheerio.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:54 - Aug 6 with 1795 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 14:52 - Aug 6 by jackrmee

Easy and relaxing is exactly what it should have been. Cheerio.

Indeed, however his technique let him down and he missed.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 15:29 - Aug 6 with 1586 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Obafemi having another rough game early on. Just stole a sitter from Latibeaudiere.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 15:34 - Aug 6 with 1547 viewsThrasher6

67% Possession....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 15:37 - Aug 6 with 1520 viewsguthrieintherain

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 15:29 - Aug 6 by Tummer_from_Texas

Obafemi having another rough game early on. Just stole a sitter from Latibeaudiere.

I am going to the next home game will have to remember my sleeping bag

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 15:40 - Aug 6 with 1462 viewsDr_Parnassus

It’s just dismal, it really is.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 15:41 - Aug 6 with 1442 viewsdeanscfc

God, that was pathetic.

We really can't move forward can we? With the ball or as a football club!
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 15:41 - Aug 6 with 1431 viewsonehunglow

Commotose stuff
Clearly nothing has been learned.
This is criminal
Last week,a soft goal,today the same.

Naughton is simply taking the yss.Just how long does he need on the ball.

The whole team is under a cloud.

Get him out and do it Now

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 15:42 - Aug 6 with 1399 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 15:40 - Aug 6 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s just dismal, it really is.

Martin having go at Manning great man management

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 15:44 - Aug 6 with 1339 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Absolutely nothing has changed from what I can see.

Apart from a truly disastrous half a game or so during pre season where he experimented with a different shape, we still look as clueless as ever.

Quite how his recent comments haven't opened the eyes of even our most deluded fans, I'll never know.

Passing to... make the opposition tired? Incredible.

It saddens me to listen to interviews and watch highlights of us under Rodgers, where we passed along the back four with the express purpose of dragging key opposition players out of position and then pouncing when that happened. E.g pulling Blackburn's right side all over the place before Mark Gower immediately pinged a cross to the wide open Lita who scored unmarked.

Russell Martin is a fraud, and if you still haven't realised that, I truly question your intelligence.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 15:45 - Aug 6 with 1307 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 15:42 - Aug 6 by vetchonian

Martin having go at Manning great man management

Martin .
Point is just why people defend him

Every player is getting pysed off apart from Naughton and Grimes who are his favourites when in actual face both should be benched

Naughton the great .A club legend.One who is central to all,same as Grimes,captain anonymous

Disgusting

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 15:49 - Aug 6 with 1252 viewsKeithHaynes

That was a struggle.
But the game is half done.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 15:50 - Aug 6 with 1218 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 15:44 - Aug 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Apart from a truly disastrous half a game or so during pre season where he experimented with a different shape, we still look as clueless as ever.

Quite how his recent comments haven't opened the eyes of even our most deluded fans, I'll never know.

It saddens me to listen to interviews and watch highlights of us under Rodgers, where we passed along the back four with the express purpose of dragging key opposition players out of position and then pouncing when that happened. E.g pulling Blackburn's right side all over the place before Mark Gower immediately pinged a cross to the wide open Lita who scored unmarked.

Russell Martin is a fraud, and if you still haven't realised that, I truly question your intelligence.

They will stop running soon, remember…. and at least we are defending with mentality.

The fact people are defending this stuff without question is quite disgusting now.

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 15:50 - Aug 6 with 1209 viewsTenbySwan

Dreadful
Martin out and good riddance.

No spark, no imagination.
Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 15:52 - Aug 6 with 1186 viewsguthrieintherain

Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers : Matchday Thread : SATURDAY ! on 15:44 - Aug 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It is woeful Blackburn don't have to do anything sit back watch us pass it about at a snails pace wait for the inevitable mistake.
Nothing has changed since last season and no sign that it will anytime soon.
Carry on like this and Russ is toast.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024