Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales 13:24 - Oct 31 with 10500 viewspencoedjack

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63456797

Strange we want to be called by a name only a small % of the country speak.

Very small minded but I’m sure it will keep a few idiots happy.
Wales on 01:23 - Nov 1 with 920 viewsKeithHaynes

Wales on 00:47 - Nov 1 by bennytheblue

No chance, and no I don’t believe the recent polls by the welsh government who I believe are fudging the figures to make it seem more popular. The only people I know who speak welsh went to Glantaff. Not that many people do. Got to laugh how they are jumping on the bandwagon of success lately, rugby gone down the tubes so what else they going to do?

If you can’t believe the Welsh govt ,,, ?
Sorry Cymru.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Wales on 03:06 - Nov 1 with 910 viewsKilkennyjack

Wales on 00:47 - Nov 1 by bennytheblue

No chance, and no I don’t believe the recent polls by the welsh government who I believe are fudging the figures to make it seem more popular. The only people I know who speak welsh went to Glantaff. Not that many people do. Got to laugh how they are jumping on the bandwagon of success lately, rugby gone down the tubes so what else they going to do?

Benny by name and clearly a Benny by nature.

Pity mun.

Beware of the Risen People

Wales on 03:07 - Nov 1 with 907 viewsKilkennyjack

Thats settled the matter then.

Giggs speaks.🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Wales on 07:52 - Nov 1 with 857 viewsWhiterockin

Wales on 03:07 - Nov 1 by Kilkennyjack

Thats settled the matter then.

Giggs speaks.🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

All the more reason not to do it. Giggs is not a good example of a human being and not one people take notice of anymore, except to ridicule.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Wales on 08:49 - Nov 1 with 837 viewsonehunglow

We converse in English on here

There s a certain irony in all this

Our flags will have to be changed to Abertawe. No?

Haven’t heard the Cymru chants yet

Why don’t we simply withdraw from the English Pyramid system and play LOW. More hypocrisy then.

35% where exactly.

Guaranteed to divide ,guaranteed to divert from life s real issues

Pitiful

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Wales on 09:10 - Nov 1 with 831 viewsraynor94

Wales on 03:06 - Nov 1 by Kilkennyjack

Benny by name and clearly a Benny by nature.

Pity mun.

When was the last time you heard someone in Swansea conversing in Welsh, be it shops restaurants or anywhere come to that

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wales on 09:29 - Nov 1 with 824 viewsowainglyndwr

Wales on 09:10 - Nov 1 by raynor94

When was the last time you heard someone in Swansea conversing in Welsh, be it shops restaurants or anywhere come to that

You would offen hear people speak welsh whilst walking around Swansea over the years.
But these days the foot fall has dropped massively,
myself i can count on one hand how many times I go into Swansea centre these days .
All out of town shopping for people now..
Many friends go for a night out or meals etc in the centre but would not speak to you in welsh if you do not understand.
Also with so many students making the centre diverse that has so many different languages
Wales on 09:31 - Nov 1 with 824 viewsonehunglow

Ray.
Morning

I haven’t been home in a while but only place I heard welsh uttered was in the Market

North of Morriston and west of Loughor bridge then yes.

Industrial Swansea was always English speaking

I remember people being irate when they got only Welsh tv and missed out on good programmes having to watch farming at Dai s farm or Hymn singing ,even though chapel attendance was tumbling

We play mainly in England

It doesn’t help Welsh football either

Login to get fewer ads

Wales on 09:35 - Nov 1 with 817 viewsunion_jack

Wales on 09:31 - Nov 1 by onehunglow

Ray.
Morning

I haven’t been home in a while but only place I heard welsh uttered was in the Market

North of Morriston and west of Loughor bridge then yes.

Industrial Swansea was always English speaking

I remember people being irate when they got only Welsh tv and missed out on good programmes having to watch farming at Dai s farm or Hymn singing ,even though chapel attendance was tumbling

We play mainly in England

It doesn’t help Welsh football either

I remember those days! Bloody annoying as you say.

Thank God for S4C. What are their viewing figures by the way??

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Wales on 09:44 - Nov 1 with 812 viewsonehunglow

Maybe then all countries should follow suit .
Deutschland ,Magyaroszag ,Bulgarians ,Serbs using Cyrillic alphabet and the Hellenic Republic using Greek.

Wales on 09:59 - Nov 1 with 806 viewsonehunglow

Wales on 20:09 - Oct 31 by builthjack

You don’t like the word Cymru.?

Why do you converse in English
We re talking about welsh.

Why get insulted when people ask questions over it being foisted on all ,like it or not

It breeds resentment

Wales on 10:10 - Nov 1 with 799 viewsBryanSwan

Wales on 22:49 - Oct 31 by Whiterockin

Does it really matter either way.

I think i might slightly prefer Cymru, but i don't think i would be massively bothered either way.
Most of the games are on S4C anyway so it's always Cymru on there.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Wales on 10:11 - Nov 1 with 793 viewsWhiterockin

Wales on 10:10 - Nov 1 by BryanSwan

I think i might slightly prefer Cymru, but i don't think i would be massively bothered either way.

Exactly

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Wales on 10:12 - Nov 1 with 791 viewsonehunglow

Wales on 10:10 - Nov 1 by BryanSwan

It will always be Wales for the majority.

Wales on 10:47 - Nov 1 with 768 viewsalltjack

Sunday, in Verdi's, when my Mother met my Auntie who has lived in Brixham since 1972 and is staying in Langland
Wales on 10:56 - Nov 1 with 764 viewsonehunglow

Wales on 10:47 - Nov 1 by alltjack

Sunday, in Verdi's, when my Mother met my Auntie who has lived in Brixham since 1972 and is staying in Langland

Nic
Brought up welsh speakers .
Tidy

Wales on 11:22 - Nov 1 with 762 viewsBarrySwan

Wales on 13:46 - Oct 31 by KeithHaynes

I think around 35% over the age of three speak Welsh .

Why do you keep repeating this complete and utter nonsense Keith?

Especially ridiculous when you're quoting it to those of us who live in Wales and know the score.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2022 11:22]
Wales on 11:38 - Nov 1 with 743 viewsBarrySwan

Having travelled all around the World over the years I've found that very few people know where or what Wales is and the few that do, know our country as Wales.

And yet those handful lacking in self confidence and belief who seem to feel constantly oppressed by the English wish to reduce knowledge of our country worldwide to even lesser levels by calling our football team by a different name requested by no one other than a handful of language fanatics.

The same people who keep inflating the number of those speaking the language in order presumably to assure themselves of a false premise.

The Welsh language must be saved and if it increases in use amongst the population then all well and good.

However the language will be saved by encouragement and facilitating not by bullying, discriminating and legislation and by driving a wedge between those who speak the language and those who don't and those who don't wish to.

Creating a Welsh language jobs bubble and discriminating against the best part of probably 85% of the population is not only disgusting and wrong but drags standards in this country ever lower and this has to stop immediately.

As does the tail wagging the dog in matters such as this.

There was of course a Welsh language message board on previous incarnations of this site which demonstrated exactly the levels of Welsh language used as it fell into disuse and was abandoned through lack of use. And I mean no disrespect here to those handful who did and would have liked to continue to use such a forum.

The best way to help preserve and hopefully grow the Welsh language cannot possibly be by forcing kids from English speaking homes to use only Welsh Medium education or pretending that the supposed numbers of children using Welsh medium language education are using the language out of school to any great degree.

Or changing the name of the Welsh football team that has been requested or mooted by no more than a tiny vocal minority.

[Post edited 1 Nov 2022 11:59]
Wales on 11:38 - Nov 1 with 742 viewsbuilthjack

Wales on 09:59 - Nov 1 by onehunglow

Why do you converse in English
We re talking about welsh.

Why get insulted when people ask questions over it being foisted on all ,like it or not

It breeds resentment

If you want to converse in Welsh go for it.
65% won't understand it.
Go for it. Do it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales on 12:59 - Nov 1 with 712 viewsunion_jack

Wales on 11:38 - Nov 1 by BarrySwan

Having travelled all around the World over the years I've found that very few people know where or what Wales is and the few that do, know our country as Wales.

And yet those handful lacking in self confidence and belief who seem to feel constantly oppressed by the English wish to reduce knowledge of our country worldwide to even lesser levels by calling our football team by a different name requested by no one other than a handful of language fanatics.

The same people who keep inflating the number of those speaking the language in order presumably to assure themselves of a false premise.

The Welsh language must be saved and if it increases in use amongst the population then all well and good.

However the language will be saved by encouragement and facilitating not by bullying, discriminating and legislation and by driving a wedge between those who speak the language and those who don't and those who don't wish to.

Creating a Welsh language jobs bubble and discriminating against the best part of probably 85% of the population is not only disgusting and wrong but drags standards in this country ever lower and this has to stop immediately.

As does the tail wagging the dog in matters such as this.

There was of course a Welsh language message board on previous incarnations of this site which demonstrated exactly the levels of Welsh language used as it fell into disuse and was abandoned through lack of use. And I mean no disrespect here to those handful who did and would have liked to continue to use such a forum.

The best way to help preserve and hopefully grow the Welsh language cannot possibly be by forcing kids from English speaking homes to use only Welsh Medium education or pretending that the supposed numbers of children using Welsh medium language education are using the language out of school to any great degree.

Or changing the name of the Welsh football team that has been requested or mooted by no more than a tiny vocal minority.

[Post edited 1 Nov 2022 11:59]

Very well put

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Wales on 13:09 - Nov 1 with 705 viewsKilkennyjack

Every day where i work in Swansea.
🤷‍♂️

Wales on 13:12 - Nov 1 with 704 viewsKilkennyjack

Wales on 10:12 - Nov 1 by onehunglow

It will always be Wales for the majority.

Just like Rhodesia, yes ?

And Peking ?

And USSR ?

Wales on 13:13 - Nov 1 with 703 viewsKilkennyjack

Wales on 07:52 - Nov 1 by Whiterockin

All the more reason not to do it. Giggs is not a good example of a human being and not one people take notice of anymore, except to ridicule.

I agree about Giggs as a bloke, but he is right about this.

Wales on 13:15 - Nov 1 with 701 viewsKilkennyjack

Wales on 08:49 - Nov 1 by onehunglow

We converse in English on here

There s a certain irony in all this

Our flags will have to be changed to Abertawe. No?

Haven’t heard the Cymru chants yet

Why don’t we simply withdraw from the English Pyramid system and play LOW. More hypocrisy then.

35% where exactly.

Guaranteed to divide ,guaranteed to divert from life s real issues

Pitiful

Quite a few welsh language songs every international game, of course.

‘Cymru’ chants are next up. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿❤️

Wales on 13:18 - Nov 1 with 698 viewsKilkennyjack

Wales on 09:35 - Nov 1 by union_jack

I remember those days! Bloody annoying as you say.

Thank God for S4C. What are their viewing figures by the way??

S4c started in 1982.

We have been good for over 40 years. 👍

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024