Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales 13:24 - Oct 31 with 10514 viewspencoedjack

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63456797

Strange we want to be called by a name only a small % of the country speak.

Very small minded but I’m sure it will keep a few idiots happy.
Wales on 12:30 - Nov 7 with 1204 viewsBryanSwan

Wales on 09:52 - Nov 7 by Kilkennyjack

I hope even our resident yoons will enjoy this one ….

Cymru am byth 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿❤️

Dead, irrelevant and divisive apparently.

Which group are team GB playing in at the World Cup?

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Wales on 14:46 - Nov 7 with 1174 viewsWhiterockin

Wales on 12:30 - Nov 7 by BryanSwan

Ironic that all this Welsh language stuff is posted on here in English.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Wales on 14:59 - Nov 7 with 1162 viewsKilkennyjack

Wales on 12:30 - Nov 7 by BryanSwan

Outstanding post 🫡

Beware of the Risen People

Wales on 15:03 - Nov 7 with 1157 viewsKilkennyjack

Wales on 14:46 - Nov 7 by Whiterockin

Well I guess thats what happens when the apparatus of the British State tries to eradicate an ancient language by beating children in schools for speaking it. Shameful isn’t it ?

The fact the language survives at all is a miracle.
An heroic and unequal struggle over centuries.
Yma o hyd. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Wales on 15:25 - Nov 7 with 1143 viewsunion_jack

Wales on 15:03 - Nov 7 by Kilkennyjack

Well I guess thats what happens when the apparatus of the British State tries to eradicate an ancient language by beating children in schools for speaking it. Shameful isn’t it ?

The fact the language survives at all is a miracle.
An heroic and unequal struggle over centuries.
Yma o hyd. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Not a miracle really though, is it? It’s been kept alive by year on year funding ensuring signs and communications all go out in Welsh and large companies forced in the majority of cases to comply with the Welsh Language Act. That’s right, it needed an act of law to ensure it was seen.

I don’t have figures but I don’t think the number of people who speak Welsh to a suitable standard is that high but that’s probably irrelevant because the number who speak it are quite low. You’ll find pockets within Wales e.g. Carmarthenshire, NW Wales but not so much out of those areas.

And you, ironically named KilkennyJack, what’s that about then? I thought you’d have a nice Welsh name with a Welsh avatar (instead of a cheat and druggy footballer who knocked England out of a WC with his dark arts). Is that what you really admire him for?🤨

You post endlessly on these threads saying the same thing over and over in the hope that your posts will be taken as gospel. They’re not.

Apart from that I’m sure you are a really nice chap👍😂

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Wales on 16:42 - Nov 7 with 1109 viewstrampie

I would like to see Wales officially called Cymru and Swansea called Abertawe in football circles, hope it happens soon.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Wales on 17:12 - Nov 7 with 1095 viewsonehunglow

Wales on 11:32 - Nov 7 by CountyJim

Just hope it gets in the charts ☺️

They don’t have charts,as we knew them a,anyway

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Wales on 17:34 - Nov 7 with 1096 viewsBryanSwan

Wales on 14:46 - Nov 7 by Whiterockin

Was only a bit of a joke at some of the comments.

To be fair I'm trying to get onto learning, was not fortunate to live near a Welsh school so missed out then.
It's damn hard to learn as an adult though, taking ages to get anywhere.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Wales on 18:13 - Nov 7 with 1083 viewsGwyn737

They’ve done a cracking job on this 👍

Wales on 18:19 - Nov 7 with 1075 viewsKilkennyjack

Wales on 15:25 - Nov 7 by union_jack

Not a miracle really though, is it? It’s been kept alive by year on year funding ensuring signs and communications all go out in Welsh and large companies forced in the majority of cases to comply with the Welsh Language Act. That’s right, it needed an act of law to ensure it was seen.

I don’t have figures but I don’t think the number of people who speak Welsh to a suitable standard is that high but that’s probably irrelevant because the number who speak it are quite low. You’ll find pockets within Wales e.g. Carmarthenshire, NW Wales but not so much out of those areas.

And you, ironically named KilkennyJack, what’s that about then? I thought you’d have a nice Welsh name with a Welsh avatar (instead of a cheat and druggy footballer who knocked England out of a WC with his dark arts). Is that what you really admire him for?🤨

You post endlessly on these threads saying the same thing over and over in the hope that your posts will be taken as gospel. They’re not.

Apart from that I’m sure you are a really nice chap👍😂

As English rolled across the world through the guns of the British Empire, it is truly a miracle that the small language living right next door survived.

Compare and contrast to the seemingly permanent damage done to the linguistic heritage in Scotland and Ireland. Its a miracle that 1 million people will speak Welsh by 2050. You would hope that both Scotland and Ireland will see similar numbers in future.

I have no interest in the rest of your post.
I suggest you get a new girlfriend and/or boyfriend and stop worrying yourself about other people.

I am sure you are a nice chap, etc etc ….

Wales on 18:20 - Nov 7 with 1072 viewsKilkennyjack

Wales on 18:13 - Nov 7 by Gwyn737

They’ve done a cracking job on this 👍

Outstanding Gwyn 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Wales on 18:21 - Nov 7 with 1068 viewsReslovenSwan1

Wales on 17:34 - Nov 7 by BryanSwan

Was only a bit of a joke at some of the comments.

To be fair I'm trying to get onto learning, was not fortunate to live near a Welsh school so missed out then.
It's damn hard to learn as an adult though, taking ages to get anywhere.

I speak Turkish and started learning at 34. I put in a lot of effort and can speak conversational Turkish and do all everyday tasks. I will never be fluent. To be fluent requires either total commitment or learning before the age of 10.

Speaking conversational Welsh is good enough for most. For youngsters it is useful in the performing art and entertainment, Young Welsh people have a ready made pathway.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Wales on 21:39 - Nov 7 with 1044 viewsunion_jack

Wales on 18:19 - Nov 7 by Kilkennyjack

As English rolled across the world through the guns of the British Empire, it is truly a miracle that the small language living right next door survived.

Compare and contrast to the seemingly permanent damage done to the linguistic heritage in Scotland and Ireland. Its a miracle that 1 million people will speak Welsh by 2050. You would hope that both Scotland and Ireland will see similar numbers in future.

I have no interest in the rest of your post.
I suggest you get a new girlfriend and/or boyfriend and stop worrying yourself about other people.

I am sure you are a nice chap, etc etc ….

With all the support it’s had maybe 1 million people will understand / speak it to a fundamental level but those using it as a means if communication will still be small and confined to specific pockets. Irish and Scottish have not received the same attention. Probably never will.

Can you not grasp this?

Wales on 22:14 - Nov 7 with 1011 viewsonehunglow

Wales on 21:06 - Nov 4 by Kilkennyjack

Otherwise in welsh it would be pronounced Vlint ….

Lets agree on Fflint.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 23:40]

As you drive into the town it says Flint Fflint. So good they names it twice

Wales on 22:16 - Nov 7 with 1003 viewsonehunglow

And we discourse in …

What happened to the Welsh section.

Wales on 17:40 - Nov 8 with 927 viewsReslovenSwan1

I have no issue with a commonly held indifference to Welsh culture and language. I have an issue with those that use bizarre justification to going back you the bad old days when Welsh was actively discouraged. Some Anglophones will use tropes against the Welsh they dare not use against Asians or east Europeans.

"The cost" is one justification. it is minute. In general Welsh people live with the Royal family. I personally have no time for it but do not promote it's abolition (for all its faults). I accept English people like the institution and my pennies go into the common pot.

I expect the English and their Welsh sympathisers to respect also Welsh culture and cut the language slack for all it faults. DNA evidence suggests that many English are not actually of Germanic extraction but primarily "Britannic" as Celtic. The DNA talk of Scottish Irish Welsh rather than Celtic. If we are not accepting Celtic the the average 'English Joe' can be seen Welsh as part of his natural heritage. They could learn Welsh in english school as UK second indigenous language which is a novel idea. English is a global language used by everyone and his dog. I learned Latin in my Grammar school. It was good for me to understand grammar apparently.

Wales on 20:18 - Nov 8 with 897 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Wales on 00:45 - Nov 2 by Kilkennyjack

We are Cymru not Wales.
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿👍

Says Kilkenny .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Wales on 20:35 - Nov 8 with 894 viewsCatullus

Wales on 17:40 - Nov 8 by ReslovenSwan1

I have no issue with a commonly held indifference to Welsh culture and language. I have an issue with those that use bizarre justification to going back you the bad old days when Welsh was actively discouraged. Some Anglophones will use tropes against the Welsh they dare not use against Asians or east Europeans.

"The cost" is one justification. it is minute. In general Welsh people live with the Royal family. I personally have no time for it but do not promote it's abolition (for all its faults). I accept English people like the institution and my pennies go into the common pot.

I expect the English and their Welsh sympathisers to respect also Welsh culture and cut the language slack for all it faults. DNA evidence suggests that many English are not actually of Germanic extraction but primarily "Britannic" as Celtic. The DNA talk of Scottish Irish Welsh rather than Celtic. If we are not accepting Celtic the the average 'English Joe' can be seen Welsh as part of his natural heritage. They could learn Welsh in english school as UK second indigenous language which is a novel idea. English is a global language used by everyone and his dog. I learned Latin in my Grammar school. It was good for me to understand grammar apparently.

"the English and their Welsh sympathisers"

"Some Anglophones will use tropes against the Welsh" Even funnier.

This isn't about being anti Welsh or pro English in any shape or form.

DNA suggests that Welsh people, the majority of, are no more than 35% Welsh. That's because of all the "foreigners" that have come to Brittania over the centuries, or put another way...what the Romans did for us. Macsen Wledig and his legions certainly left their mark.

If people want to learn Welsh then great, good for them but people should have the choice.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Wales on 20:41 - Nov 8 with 884 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Wales on 20:35 - Nov 8 by Catullus

"the English and their Welsh sympathisers"

"Some Anglophones will use tropes against the Welsh" Even funnier.

This isn't about being anti Welsh or pro English in any shape or form.

DNA suggests that Welsh people, the majority of, are no more than 35% Welsh. That's because of all the "foreigners" that have come to Brittania over the centuries, or put another way...what the Romans did for us. Macsen Wledig and his legions certainly left their mark.

If people want to learn Welsh then great, good for them but people should have the choice.

I don’t know why you bother. He’s the most bigoted anti English racist I’ve ever read on here.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Wales on 20:41 - Nov 8 with 884 viewspencoedjack

Wales on 20:18 - Nov 8 by Brynmill_Jack

Says Kilkenny .

Same old recycled bollocks every thread.
Wales on 14:43 - Nov 9 with 831 viewsReslovenSwan1

Wales on 20:41 - Nov 8 by Brynmill_Jack

I don’t know why you bother. He’s the most bigoted anti English racist I’ve ever read on here.

I am zero tolerance against all forms of racists. You may have heard of xzero tolerance but not understand what it means. I target the hypocrisy of the far right English taunting of Welsh people. Some laugh it off some like me do not.

When Bulgarians were taunting Raheem Sterling with monkey noises Sky sports vilified them and demanded action and banning on Bulgarian football. An apology was given by the Bulgarian Minster of Sport. He apologised profusely. A black Sky commentator gave a emotional piece with lower lip quivering and tears in his eyes. Powerful stuff We all agreed.

When English drunks abused Gerwyn Price making Sheep noises and accusing him of bestiality Sky sports said nothing on the issue. They apologised for any bad language and any offence caused to viewer and went on with the show but turned down the volume so the the racist chanting could not be heard. A tearful Gerwyn called them "pathetic". He stood alone proud and strong. Some on her told us he deserved it. Drakeford should have summoned Sky sports to Cardiff bay for lecture.

Chav poodles "know your place Uncle Tom Welshmen" will sing the song given to them by racists in Wales first World cup since 1958. Owning it they are. To hell with zero tolerance.

Kindly, Cymru am byth.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 15:01]

Wales on 15:10 - Nov 9 with 809 viewsunion_jack

Wales on 14:43 - Nov 9 by ReslovenSwan1

I am zero tolerance against all forms of racists. You may have heard of xzero tolerance but not understand what it means. I target the hypocrisy of the far right English taunting of Welsh people. Some laugh it off some like me do not.

When Bulgarians were taunting Raheem Sterling with monkey noises Sky sports vilified them and demanded action and banning on Bulgarian football. An apology was given by the Bulgarian Minster of Sport. He apologised profusely. A black Sky commentator gave a emotional piece with lower lip quivering and tears in his eyes. Powerful stuff We all agreed.

When English drunks abused Gerwyn Price making Sheep noises and accusing him of bestiality Sky sports said nothing on the issue. They apologised for any bad language and any offence caused to viewer and went on with the show but turned down the volume so the the racist chanting could not be heard. A tearful Gerwyn called them "pathetic". He stood alone proud and strong. Some on her told us he deserved it. Drakeford should have summoned Sky sports to Cardiff bay for lecture.

Chav poodles "know your place Uncle Tom Welshmen" will sing the song given to them by racists in Wales first World cup since 1958. Owning it they are. To hell with zero tolerance.

Kindly, Cymru am byth.

Because Gerwyn Price was totally shocked that he’d been caught out having carnal relations with a sheep. Of course not.

If he was tearful he needs to grow a pair. It’s banter and nothing more. And if you show it affects you it will happen all the more. Grow up!

Wales on 16:53 - Nov 9 with 786 viewsReslovenSwan1

Wales on 15:10 - Nov 9 by union_jack

Because Gerwyn Price was totally shocked that he’d been caught out having carnal relations with a sheep. Of course not.

If he was tearful he needs to grow a pair. It’s banter and nothing more. And if you show it affects you it will happen all the more. Grow up!

It is rabid hounding by racist drunken louts. You are an apologist for this hounding. Gerwyn has balls of steel to keep his nerve like that I salute him. Darts is a battle of mental fortitude he is / was world Champion for a reason.

I doubt you have ever been targeted like this in your life. Welsh people do not need to make a joke out of slurs. It is cowardice. I do not expect support for a Union flag man.

When the 'all in Brit' supports Welsh people and culture I will know the Union has a good future.

Wales on 17:15 - Nov 9 with 775 viewsCatullus

Wales on 14:43 - Nov 9 by ReslovenSwan1

Kindly, Cymru am byth.

Chav poodles....uncle Toms, you're priceless, really you are.

What those of us you refer to actually are is independent minded, people not scared to be anything other than Welsh. We're not scared to stand up to rabid anti Englsih, Welsh nats, we're not scared to say we're British.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Wales on 17:21 - Nov 9 with 758 viewsonehunglow

Wales on 21:35 - Nov 4 by union_jack

Not divisive? Yet we’re on page 6 of some robust bickering concerning said language!

If you think bi lingual countries are all sweetness and light then get over to Belgie/Belgium and see what the Flemish think of the Wallonians and vice versa .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024