Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An independent football regulator 07:15 - Nov 1 with 1967 viewsdmm

29 clubs are urging the Government to press ahead with plans for an independent regulator, warning inaction would lead to clubs being “wiped off the map”. It would be interesting to see a list of those clubs.

Whereas I'd like to see this happening, I'm not convinced it would actually stop a European super league, more takeovers like the one at Newcastle, or more clubs going into administration. After all, when does Government stop rampant capitalism?

The filmed interview with former sports minister Tracey Crouch here is informative: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63457502
An independent football regulator on 07:49 - Nov 1 with 1849 viewsozranger

There is an added problem here. Governments cannot interfere with FAs and the way they run their leagues. If the government does, like in a few African countries and possibly in Iran, then FIFA will ban that country from any FIFA events including both the national team and all the club teams. That is, any commission would have to be completely independent of any government. Can that happen? Can the government be allowed to set up an independent commission without it being seen as a government control of the FA?
An independent football regulator on 08:11 - Nov 1 with 1809 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hope, as ever, comes from fan action:

https://www.themag.co.uk/2022/10/nufc-fans-group-to-hold-matchday-protest-agains
[Post edited 1 Nov 2022 8:13]
An independent football regulator (n/t) on 08:15 - Nov 1 with 1795 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

An independent football regulator on 07:49 - Nov 1 by ozranger

There is an added problem here. Governments cannot interfere with FAs and the way they run their leagues. If the government does, like in a few African countries and possibly in Iran, then FIFA will ban that country from any FIFA events including both the national team and all the club teams. That is, any commission would have to be completely independent of any government. Can that happen? Can the government be allowed to set up an independent commission without it being seen as a government control of the FA?

[Post edited 1 Nov 2022 8:20]
An independent football regulator on 09:03 - Nov 1 with 1718 viewsw7r

An independent football regulator on 08:11 - Nov 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

https://www.themag.co.uk/2022/10/nufc-fans-group-to-hold-matchday-protest-agains

Fair play to them, easy to turn a blind eye to this tainted money when it’s the club you love that stand to benefit.

My moron of a brother-in-law is a NUFC supporter. When I asked him how he felt about the takeover and the human rights record of the regime his response was; “I don’t give a fc.uk about any of that b0llocks , we’re going to win the Prem, I don’t give a sh.it”
An independent football regulator on 09:10 - Nov 1 with 1699 viewsjohncharles

An independent football regulator on 09:03 - Nov 1 by w7r

Fair play to them, easy to turn a blind eye to this tainted money when it’s the club you love that stand to benefit.

My moron of a brother-in-law is a NUFC supporter. When I asked him how he felt about the takeover and the human rights record of the regime his response was; “I don’t give a fc.uk about any of that b0llocks , we’re going to win the Prem, I don’t give a sh.it”

He's got a way with words.......🙄

Strong and stable my arse.

An independent football regulator on 10:09 - Nov 1 with 1578 viewsthemodfather

fit and proper! another stupid rule the fa brought in and it never worked, mr roman from that lot was fot and proper for years, then wasn't??? man city had a dodgy owner, wanted for crimes back home, nothing.
An independent football regulator on 10:40 - Nov 1 with 1527 viewsessextaxiboy

An independent football regulator on 08:11 - Nov 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Brilliant . More power to them . The players and management need to wake up and realise who is paying their mortgages and kids school fees .
An independent football regulator on 11:15 - Nov 1 with 1460 viewsBrisbaneR

I made the mistake of reading a few of the below the line comments…I really hope that isn’t representative of how a large number of Toon fans think…that’s just terrifying…
Login to get fewer ads

An independent football regulator on 12:29 - Nov 1 with 1382 viewsSir_Chops

An independent football regulator on 10:40 - Nov 1 by essextaxiboy

Brilliant . More power to them . The players and management need to wake up and realise who is paying their mortgages and kids school fees .

Unfortunately it's really not the fans anymore. It's the sponsorships, TV money, and dirty money of said owners. It wouldn't matter a jot to these players and management if they were playing in front of less than half empty stadiums as long as their money keeps rolling in from other sources.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024