Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious question, Who would replace Martin 18:34 - Dec 29 with 11954 viewsdantheswansman

I see a lot of people saying Martin has to go but who would replace him?
please tell me who with our limited budget would even consider coming in and taking over, unless the owners seriously change their stance who could we possibly attract?
It never gets mentioned, you want Martin out but dont seem to look forward to who would bother taking us on
Genuinely interested because i am of the opinion Martin with a little more support from the owners could be excellent
Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 19:11 - Dec 29 with 5647 viewsDr_Parnassus

How much more support does he need?

We have spent more in the last season and a half than any season and a half in our football league history. He’s had millions of pounds worth of players from his old club. He’s had a whole season written off.

The guy has had more support than any manager I can remember in our history, completely unwarranted and unearned.

Gio Savarese as I’ve been saying for years is a perfect fit. Doesn’t cry about not having gazillions to spend, consistently over-performs, an actually good style of play, tactically astute, incredibly intelligent and well spoken - affordable.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 19:21 - Dec 29 with 5638 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s unlikely in the next few weeks.
But - Matt Gray at Sutton.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 19:43 - Dec 29 with 5616 viewsQJumpingJack

Cam Toshack
Osian Roberts
Bolton manager who did well at Barrow
Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 19:51 - Dec 29 with 5584 viewsonehunglow

Anyone or nobody.
We would be better off simply by his leaving . Morale would lift immediately and players would sort themselves out with Joe Allen as player / manager .

Martin is choking the team,fans and club.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 20:05 - Dec 29 with 5581 viewsbuilthjack

Bielsa 5 month contract.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 20:52 - Dec 29 with 5548 viewsKilkennyjack

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 20:05 - Dec 29 by builthjack

Bielsa 5 month contract.

Now we are talking ….. 18 months please.

Beware of the Risen People

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 21:13 - Dec 29 with 5526 viewsgrabsplatter

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 19:11 - Dec 29 by Dr_Parnassus

How much more support does he need?

We have spent more in the last season and a half than any season and a half in our football league history. He’s had millions of pounds worth of players from his old club. He’s had a whole season written off.

The guy has had more support than any manager I can remember in our history, completely unwarranted and unearned.

Gio Savarese as I’ve been saying for years is a perfect fit. Doesn’t cry about not having gazillions to spend, consistently over-performs, an actually good style of play, tactically astute, incredibly intelligent and well spoken - affordable.

I'm not defending the manager (I thought we should have sacked him months ago) but we made a comfortable profit on players in the summer, our net spend was 1 of the lowest in the Championship.
What is unforgivable is what we've spent our limited budget on - Fisher wasn't needed, Darling is error prone, Wood & Sorinola are poor.
There have to be managers out there who can do a better job than Martin.
Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 21:15 - Dec 29 with 5512 viewsDr_Parnassus

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 21:13 - Dec 29 by grabsplatter

I'm not defending the manager (I thought we should have sacked him months ago) but we made a comfortable profit on players in the summer, our net spend was 1 of the lowest in the Championship.
What is unforgivable is what we've spent our limited budget on - Fisher wasn't needed, Darling is error prone, Wood & Sorinola are poor.
There have to be managers out there who can do a better job than Martin.

Net spend means nothing.

Steve Cooper had a minus £52m net spend or something similar, Potter a minus £35m net spend. These figures are rough, but it’s about the mark.

Russ was break even at last check, may be a couple of million in the minus. That’s an extreme luxury.

We have spent millions on new players, a luxury that most clubs don’t have. Many haven’t spent a penny in years.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 21:16]

Login to get fewer ads

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 21:37 - Dec 29 with 5476 viewsKeithHaynes

As I said another unknown.

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 21:44 - Dec 29 with 5455 viewspencoedjack

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 19:51 - Dec 29 by onehunglow

Anyone or nobody.
We would be better off simply by his leaving . Morale would lift immediately and players would sort themselves out with Joe Allen as player / manager .

Joe Allen would be on my realistic list.

I’d love Robert’s but he wouldn’t leave Palace to come here on less money.

Those who are saying Bielsa are being a bit silly
Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 22:19 - Dec 29 with 5424 viewsKeithHaynes

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 19:51 - Dec 29 by onehunglow

Anyone or nobody.

Can you supply us with the source for this morale issue ?

Joe Allen ?
That would mean relegation, he has absolutely no experience, and isn’t that your response to Martin. What’s he ever done ? Well, now I’m asking you about Joe Allen as a manager 💁

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 22:24 - Dec 29 with 5415 viewsScotia

I don't think that there are many experienced managers / coaches who would do worse in the short term, say potentially until the end of the season.

We're getting the basics wrong as a sacrifice to whatever Martin is trying to achieve. Anybody could sort that out.
Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 22:25 - Dec 29 with 5417 viewsgrabsplatter

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 21:15 - Dec 29 by Dr_Parnassus

Net spend means nothing.

Steve Cooper had a minus £52m net spend or something similar, Potter a minus £35m net spend. These figures are rough, but it’s about the mark.

Russ was break even at last check, may be a couple of million in the minus. That’s an extreme luxury.

We have spent millions on new players, a luxury that most clubs don’t have. Many haven’t spent a penny in years.

Of course it means something, ask the owners, manager & most fans.
In this case we sold our most valuable asset in the summer & made a comfortable profit on players in/out so didn't spend millions - that's very relevant.
We've also reduced our wage bill massively.
I've made no mention of other managers, I was making a valid point regarding our spending, the hangover of Premier League wages & parachute payments skew any comparisons with Potter & Cooper.
Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 22:39 - Dec 29 with 5393 viewsKeithHaynes

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 22:24 - Dec 29 by Scotia

I don't think that there are many experienced managers / coaches who would do worse in the short term, say potentially until the end of the season.

We're getting the basics wrong as a sacrifice to whatever Martin is trying to achieve. Anybody could sort that out.

Now that I agree with ( basics etc )

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 22:41 - Dec 29 with 5386 viewsraynor94

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 21:44 - Dec 29 by pencoedjack

Joe Allen would be on my realistic list.

I’d love Robert’s but he wouldn’t leave Palace to come here on less money.

Those who are saying Bielsa are being a bit silly

Exactly, why on earth would we want Bielsa, long past his sell by date

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 23:23 - Dec 29 with 5334 viewsReslovenSwan1

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 21:15 - Dec 29 by Dr_Parnassus

Net spend means nothing.

"Net spend means nothing" is nonsense. For clubs like Swansea net spend is critical. It pays the electricity bills. It is real money. Net spend means nothing to Sovereign wealth funds at the top of the premier league of course who's only worry about Fair trading rules allowing themselves a notional jumbo deficits. Swansea cannot risk things like Chelsea do and trust there will always be a cash buyer to clear the debts and buy the club.

Potter's net spend was rebuilding as they had to s ditch the unsustainable high wage earners Fabianski, Ferndnadez, Mawson, Ayew and co.

Swansea can use the Downes money plus US investments in new shares to bring in new talent. It is Martin's job to increase the value of these players and players from the academy.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 23:25 - Dec 29 with 5338 viewsLuther27

Cameron Toshack
Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 23:58 - Dec 29 with 5290 viewsDr_Parnassus

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 23:23 - Dec 29 by ReslovenSwan1

"Net spend means nothing" is nonsense. For clubs like Swansea net spend is critical. It pays the electricity bills. It is real money. Net spend means nothing to Sovereign wealth funds at the top of the premier league of course who's only worry about Fair trading rules allowing themselves a notional jumbo deficits. Swansea cannot risk things like Chelsea do and trust there will always be a cash buyer to clear the debts and buy the club.

Potter's net spend was rebuilding as they had to s ditch the unsustainable high wage earners Fabianski, Ferndnadez, Mawson, Ayew and co.

Swansea can use the Downes money plus US investments in new shares to bring in new talent. It is Martin's job to increase the value of these players and players from the academy.

It means nothing within the context of the discussion.

Expectations shouldn’t be set on net spend, things are bought and sold in different markets and they don’t have a direct value comparison.

When Spurs sold Bale for £100m, they were able to spend £100m on their squad and make that value in lesser markets. So let’s say they bought X3 £30m players from Spain with it - that’s far more advantageous than someone like Burnley spending £1m on a player and selling nobody.

Yet the net spend puts Burnley at -£1m and Spurs at +£10m. I think most would rather a £90m spending spree than a £1m one as the flexibility it allows the manager is exponentially better.

So with regards to Swansea, having a negative net spend is expected (and desirable). We had one throughout our Premier League stint where we were run at break even on transfers for much, and a net profit elsewhere until the last season which resulted in relegation.

Selling players such as Joe Allen and Scott Sinclair, allowed us to sign such players as Bony and Michu. Do you think we would have stayed in the Premier League if we kept the same squad together, sold nobody yet spent £2m a year? Out net spend would have been higher that way as opposed to what happened… of course not is the answer.

So again, net spend is meaningless. It’s the value of your squad at your disposal which is the important bit, and we have spent millions on players where other clubs haven’t spent a penny in years. We are at a distinct advantage over much of the league, this is a fact.

If net spend mattered then Cooper should have come bottom of the league with a whopping +£52m net spend. Poor bloke.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 0:30]

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 00:03 - Dec 30 with 5277 viewsDr_Parnassus

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 22:25 - Dec 29 by grabsplatter

Of course it means something, ask the owners, manager & most fans.
In this case we sold our most valuable asset in the summer & made a comfortable profit on players in/out so didn't spend millions - that's very relevant.
We've also reduced our wage bill massively.
I've made no mention of other managers, I was making a valid point regarding our spending, the hangover of Premier League wages & parachute payments skew any comparisons with Potter & Cooper.

As above.

Net spend means nothing, it’s value of squad. Selling individual players for high amounts and reinvesting in lesser markets is not a negative, it’s highly rewarding for both club and manager. Last time we had a season with a heavy negative net spend… we were relegated.

For the loss of Downes we were able to bring in Nathan Wood, Sorinola, Joe Allen, Harry Darling, Luke Cundle and Oko-Flex plus service much of the recurring debt from the purchases the season previous of the likes of Obafemi, Piroe, Pato and Ntcham which allowed us the freedom to not have to sell them.

Would you swap all that back just to have Downes back?

Me neither. Net spend means nothing.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 0:32]

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 18:15 - Feb 4 with 4973 viewsdantheswansman

SO the vocal minority want him gone but have absolutely nobody to replace him with, and the names they do mention are infinitely worse, this "supporter" base never fails to make me laugh, you don't look at the bigger picture at all, incredibly stupid!
Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 18:18 - Feb 4 with 4941 viewsDr_Parnassus

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 18:15 - Feb 4 by dantheswansman

SO the vocal minority want him gone but have absolutely nobody to replace him with, and the names they do mention are infinitely worse, this "supporter" base never fails to make me laugh, you don't look at the bigger picture at all, incredibly stupid!

What makes you say it’s a minority?

Which names are worse, in whose view, and by what metric?

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 18:22 - Feb 4 with 4929 viewsfelixstowe_jack

After Martins tactical blunders and abysmal substitutions today he must go. He should have made at least a double substitution which meant he could have used a 4th sub to replace the injured player.
You should never take off both your goal scorers when hanging onto a 1 goal lead especially with our defence and goalkeeping are one of the worst in the Championship.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 18:24 - Feb 4 with 4909 viewsonehunglow

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 18:18 - Feb 4 by Dr_Parnassus

What makes you say it’s a minority?

Which names are worse, in whose view, and by what metric?

Vocal minority!
Is right

Minority support an utterly inept Cusco.

Who replaces …
Me, my dog, the fella next door, Billy Williams , Biggles , anyone .

Joke …He certainly is

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 18:26 - Feb 4 with 4906 viewsdantheswansman

I agree with most of what you say but not a single name put forward is better than what we have, why deliberately go backwards
Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 18:27 - Feb 4 with 4896 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Who are you calling "incredibly stupid"?
I suggest that you brush up on forum rules.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024