Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious question, Who would replace Martin 18:34 - Dec 29 with 12243 viewsdantheswansman

I see a lot of people saying Martin has to go but who would replace him?
please tell me who with our limited budget would even consider coming in and taking over, unless the owners seriously change their stance who could we possibly attract?
It never gets mentioned, you want Martin out but dont seem to look forward to who would bother taking us on
Genuinely interested because i am of the opinion Martin with a little more support from the owners could be excellent
Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 23:26 - Feb 4 with 1739 viewsSTID2017

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 23:21 - Feb 4 by onehunglow

MRtin apologists in full flow
It is they who have been lied to

So are you happy with the last window ?
Do you not believe what Keith and all his colleagues have reported that players were looked at, only for the deals not to be rubber stamped by the owners ?
Put aside our opposite feeling for Martin, what do you believe happened in the last window ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 23:29 - Feb 4 with 1716 viewsonehunglow

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 23:26 - Feb 4 by STID2017

So are you happy with the last window ?
Do you not believe what Keith and all his colleagues have reported that players were looked at, only for the deals not to be rubber stamped by the owners ?
Put aside our opposite feeling for Martin, what do you believe happened in the last window ?

Happy ? Me?
Take a look at your last post

No goalkeeper and little fuss made

Owners fault ? It wouldn’t be a problem if We had a goalkeeper worthy of the name to replace Benda

Fisher is fundamental to disaster

Who brought him to us ?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 23:35 - Feb 4 with 1713 viewsSTID2017

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 23:29 - Feb 4 by onehunglow

Happy ? Me?
Take a look at your last post

No goalkeeper and little fuss made

Owners fault ? It wouldn’t be a problem if We had a goalkeeper worthy of the name to replace Benda

Fisher is fundamental to disaster

Who brought him to us ?

Fisher had a poor game but after Benda was injured, bringing in an experienced keeper would have seen him return to the bench.
Meanwhile no one else came in.
So are you happy with that window ?
And if Martin goes who realistically do you think will come here ?

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 23:39 - Feb 4 with 1709 viewsjojaca

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 23:35 - Feb 4 by STID2017

Fisher had a poor game but after Benda was injured, bringing in an experienced keeper would have seen him return to the bench.

I personally would let Fisher off for this game due to first full appearance for months.

If Martin goes there will be a queue of managers who want to come here. Who would have picked out Martinez/Rodgers before their appointments.

Even when you know, you never know?

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 00:02 - Feb 5 with 1687 viewsSTID2017

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 23:39 - Feb 4 by jojaca

I personally would let Fisher off for this game due to first full appearance for months.

If Martin goes there will be a queue of managers who want to come here. Who would have picked out Martinez/Rodgers before their appointments.

Fair enough on Fisher, although I do worry about the forthcoming games.

I accept your point about Martinez and Rodgers, hopefully we can find another tough diamond if Martin goes

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 00:02 - Feb 5 with 1687 viewsjackdee

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 18:27 - Feb 4 by A_Fans_Dad

Who are you calling "incredibly stupid"?
I suggest that you brush up on forum rules.

It would be incredibly stupid replacing RM at this stage. I can't see anyone doing any better with this squad and someone new coming in could send us down with Billy Smarts Circus up the road. I'd rather see the season out with him and see if the yanks put some money on the table to rebuild. If they don't invest then I don't see any manager making much of a difference. He's been a manager for just 3 years, I wish young managers were given more of a chance to learn from their mistakes, gain some experience and improve and grow with the same club for more than just one or two seasons.
I particularly enjoyed the first half today. The second half was poor, not one substitute that came on second half made any impact at all.

BTIIC

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 00:11 - Feb 5 with 1681 viewsSTID2017

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 18:27 - Feb 4 by A_Fans_Dad

Who are you calling "incredibly stupid"?
I suggest that you brush up on forum rules.

In fairness I don't think he is calling any individual or group of individuals stupid, rather just the idea of sacking Martin without having a better replacement in mind ?

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 00:42 - Feb 5 with 1643 viewsDr_Parnassus

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 00:02 - Feb 5 by jackdee

It would be incredibly stupid replacing RM at this stage. I can't see anyone doing any better with this squad and someone new coming in could send us down with Billy Smarts Circus up the road. I'd rather see the season out with him and see if the yanks put some money on the table to rebuild. If they don't invest then I don't see any manager making much of a difference. He's been a manager for just 3 years, I wish young managers were given more of a chance to learn from their mistakes, gain some experience and improve and grow with the same club for more than just one or two seasons.
I particularly enjoyed the first half today. The second half was poor, not one substitute that came on second half made any impact at all.

You don’t think another manager would win more than 2 in 16 games? Really?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 08:45 - Feb 5 with 1575 viewsonehunglow

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 00:42 - Feb 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Just incredible to read this.
The team to go up with Sheffield Utd and Burnley will be Middlesbrough ,who replaced their manager after not winning games. Or WBA who did the same .
Why do we think like this
Why does Martin have this fanatic forum support

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 09:02 - Feb 5 with 1570 viewssw02sea

Anyone but Martin.
Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 09:07 - Feb 5 with 1568 viewsBryanSwan

I think i had already reached this point but my opinion has not massively changed.
I don't think Martin is the manager to properly take us forward and have a proper chance at getting to the PL, but I can't see us getting anyone in at the minute who would have a huge impact this season with the small squad we have (Thats not completely down to Martin, but it wouldn't help in getting a new manager).

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 09:45 - Feb 5 with 1537 viewspencoedjack

Problem is he doesn’t seem to be learning from his mistakes.

He’s crap end of.
Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 09:46 - Feb 5 with 1537 viewsraynor94

After the now public falling out between Martin and the owners, a parting of the ways inevitable at the end of the season.

I have given him every opportunity to change things, but the window was the last straw, whatever faith I had has ebbed away.

As for a new boss that's a real tough one I can't answer at the moment

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 10:04 - Feb 5 with 1514 viewsonehunglow

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 09:45 - Feb 5 by pencoedjack

Problem is he doesn’t seem to be learning from his mistakes.

He’s crap end of.

It should be but it’s not.
What we see now is a schism.
Fans who blame owners entirely
Fans who blame Martin.
Both to blame really

Martin should never have been appointed and that shows how dumb our owners are

Fans would rather rip into each other than unite and get stuck into who are responsible ,or aren’t they that upset.

To suggest Martin is not removed is madness .We could have sold Whittaker and utilised the money to free ourselves of this coach . It was that important . It underpins all. As regards Fisher, we have cancelled contracts for other players and we should with him .

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 10:33 - Feb 5 with 1493 viewsBadlands

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 23:35 - Feb 4 by STID2017

Fish (out of water) is a Martin choice who Martin kept as No1 for a season and the start of this.
An experienced keeper! Who. No experienced keeper would up sticks for half a season to be a bench warmer. At best we would have had a 4th choice PL or 3rd Championship player who Martin would have taken 2 games to prepare for his way of playing.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 13:04 - Feb 5 with 1449 viewsSTID2017

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 10:33 - Feb 5 by Badlands

Fish (out of water) is a Martin choice who Martin kept as No1 for a season and the start of this.
An experienced keeper! Who. No experienced keeper would up sticks for half a season to be a bench warmer. At best we would have had a 4th choice PL or 3rd Championship player who Martin would have taken 2 games to prepare for his way of playing.

One good thing yesterday was that the suicidal passing around our 18 yard box was absent.
However a goalkeeper on loan or a free agent should have been signed as a minimum.
Martin clearly realised Fisher wasn't good enough in September?

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 14:25 - Feb 5 with 1401 viewsBadlands

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 13:04 - Feb 5 by STID2017

One good thing yesterday was that the suicidal passing around our 18 yard box was absent.
However a goalkeeper on loan or a free agent should have been signed as a minimum.
Martin clearly realised Fisher wasn't good enough in September?

Passing around the back was evident in the first half and was executed quickly and efficiently (even drew applause) but it was used less than usual and almost not at all in the second half … result we conceded 4.
Martin was convinced by pressure from others that Benda should take over. I would suggest Winter should have insisted on bring in a goalkeeper (suggestions names were mentioned) but there was no guarantee Martin would play them so it would have been money wasted. That money was lined up for a forward who Martin wanted from Rotherham but didn’t fancy us and then one from WBA who was retained after their transfer target pulled out at the last minute.
I think Fisher is a poor goalkeeper, at this level, who fails to give his defenders any confidence and he dithers. But, tbf, yesterday the first goal wasn’t a penalty and he got close to saving it. That said, his come, retreat, come retreat, sort of come left Cabango guessing … too hard and it’s and own goal … cushion and Fisher doesn’t get to it (which happened) not untypical of new pairings or keepers lacking confidence. Then other three! I wouldn’t blame him for any.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 14:26]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 16:44 - Feb 5 with 1341 viewsSullutaCreturned

I entirely disagree.

First up, why wouldn't someone do better? We see Martin repeating the same things that has seen us play so poorly, when he has made changes and we do better he has simply reverted to the thinsg that didn't work. maybe a new manager would stick with what worked?

Secondly, we have had managers with less experience than Martin who did incredibly well. Rodgers ad Martinez anyone?

Then there's the obvious questions, We have allowed Martin learn from his mistakes, he has had 18 months so why hasn't he learned? Why are we doing the same things week after week that DO NOT WORK?
Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 16:49 - Feb 5 with 1333 viewsonehunglow

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 16:44 - Feb 5 by SullutaCreturned

I entirely disagree.

First up, why wouldn't someone do better? We see Martin repeating the same things that has seen us play so poorly, when he has made changes and we do better he has simply reverted to the thinsg that didn't work. maybe a new manager would stick with what worked?

Secondly, we have had managers with less experience than Martin who did incredibly well. Rodgers ad Martinez anyone?

Then there's the obvious questions, We have allowed Martin learn from his mistakes, he has had 18 months so why hasn't he learned? Why are we doing the same things week after week that DO NOT WORK?

Why do some thing somebody else wouldn’t or couldn’t .

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 17:22 - Feb 5 with 1309 viewsmax936

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 00:02 - Feb 5 by STID2017

Fair enough on Fisher, although I do worry about the forthcoming games.

I accept your point about Martinez and Rodgers, hopefully we can find another tough diamond if Martin goes

We had Potter and Cooper here over the last few yrs and they were also let down by the owners as was Martin in this last transfer window, Martin goes ANO comes in, will he suffer the same thing or will lesson's have been learnt? that comes down to whether the owners think there is a lesson to learn, very dubious.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 17:29 - Feb 5 with 1296 viewsSTID2017

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 17:22 - Feb 5 by max936

We had Potter and Cooper here over the last few yrs and they were also let down by the owners as was Martin in this last transfer window, Martin goes ANO comes in, will he suffer the same thing or will lesson's have been learnt? that comes down to whether the owners think there is a lesson to learn, very dubious.

They have to learn and support the next manager, otherwise we could fall even further from grace

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 19:16 - Feb 5 with 1228 viewsBoundy

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 23:39 - Feb 4 by jojaca

Sorry but to remind you Fisher was dropped for fundamentally making the same basic errors

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 19:20 - Feb 5 with 1215 viewsBoundy

Hudson Morrison were Managers , as we all know there's managers and then there's managers , Cardiff have the same belief that if Sala hadn't died they'd still be a PL club .Taking a side tactics or substitutes the two late goals that Birmingham scored could and should have been dealt with by the players

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 01:22 - Feb 6 with 1122 viewsjackdee

The manager clearly isn't the problem. There's a common denominator here and each manager we have had for the past 7 years has had the same issues with that common denominator. So, if you think changing the manager will be any different crack on.

BTIIC

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 06:49 - Feb 6 with 1084 viewsPawelAbbott

This is the perfect time to be replacing him.
We are pretty much safe and plenty of games left to work out what to do with the squad over the summer.
Then have the full preseason with them and hit the ground running in the new season.
Making a change in the summer leads to a poor preseason and no planning for the transfer window.
As for names
Bruno Lage
Ralf Hassenhuttl
Gio Van Bronckhorst

Anyone who doesn't think some very average players can play like Man City
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024