Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we be a development club. 16:07 - Mar 19 with 1342 viewsThird_Division_South

We constantly hear that the only way forward for us is to be a development team bringing in players on the cheap, bringing them on and selling them for a profit. I think that we need to have a serious rethink about this for a number of reasons.

The crash in value of Championship players. I think we have missed the boat regarding “doing a Brentford “. If you discount the chances of a once in a decade Eze, how much are Chair, Willock and Dieng now worth?

Having the best first team squad possible. Instead of selling Rangers as a club where you can come, improve and sell on , why not just get players who want to play for the club NOW and see it the place to be? If that means they are slightly older, so what? There’s always a place for a Richard Dunne, Nelson and for those of us who are a bit older, McClintock and Webb. Luton and especially Millwall have definitely gone down this route, signing players who fit team now and both are in the playoffs with a chance of making the Premier League.
Should we be a development club. on 16:31 - Mar 19 with 1244 viewsBushRanger82

They're ten a penny.
Far better if we aim higher.
Should we be a development club. on 16:45 - Mar 19 with 1227 viewsbosh67

Definitely think the model has to change. It hasn't worked, unless the new academy building has its own budget to bring in young players.

I actually think for the long term survival of the club the owners should do some kind of deal with a major MLS club and have a joint arrangement on players and interests to bring players through. Or with a club in Europe. Surviving on our own with the current ecosystem could see us go to the wall in a few years.

This is also an interesting article on how Red Bull built a football team
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51475532
Perhaps we should become RB QPR?

For me we need to build a model that involves one or more sister clubs abroad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Should we be a development club. on 17:12 - Mar 19 with 1177 viewsPunteR

Concentrate on building a decent first 11 team.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Should we be a development club. on 17:51 - Mar 19 with 1107 viewsbosh67

Should we be a development club. on 17:12 - Mar 19 by PunteR

Concentrate on building a decent first 11 team.

Difficult when '24 Hours in A&E ' has more fit people in it than our squad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024