Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City 08:00 - Apr 25 with 4960 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60123/luke-cundle-has-de

Best loan signing for years ? Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 10:40 - Apr 25 with 4189 viewsFireboy2

Good article, I can see luke becoming a PL player soon.

I hope he stays with us for next season as I think he will push on and be vital in a promotion push.

I'd rather pay £20 into keiths charity rather than him go back to wolves and play in the PL.
Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 12:43 - Apr 25 with 4111 viewsEagleEye

He has definitely improved as the season has progressed. While he lacks the real X factor required to be a successful EPL starter he has definitely brought athleticism & willingness to look forward when on the ball. He lacks the creativity, shooting & scoring knack but he is definitely an improved player who would be a decent squad addition on an on loan basis next season

Earlier in the season I was disappointed that we did not have a player in our ranks who good do what he does. Playing him regularly has come at a cost in that the likes of Cooper & Cullen have had to bide their time & this has stunted their development. Wolves may well see the benefit in the longer term but he is not ready for the EPL yet & I can’t see him being a regular squad player for them next season
Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 13:39 - Apr 25 with 4045 viewsonehunglow

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 12:43 - Apr 25 by EagleEye

He has definitely improved as the season has progressed. While he lacks the real X factor required to be a successful EPL starter he has definitely brought athleticism & willingness to look forward when on the ball. He lacks the creativity, shooting & scoring knack but he is definitely an improved player who would be a decent squad addition on an on loan basis next season

Earlier in the season I was disappointed that we did not have a player in our ranks who good do what he does. Playing him regularly has come at a cost in that the likes of Cooper & Cullen have had to bide their time & this has stunted their development. Wolves may well see the benefit in the longer term but he is not ready for the EPL yet & I can’t see him being a regular squad player for them next season

We are developing him for Wolves then.
Great
I’d rather we develop the likes of Cooper,who has far more about him than Cundle,who ,sorry, is nothing special .
Conor Gallagher looked a class above when he was on loan to us ,proven by his current status in the game .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 14:09 - Apr 25 with 4023 viewsGwyn737

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 13:39 - Apr 25 by onehunglow

Great
I’d rather we develop the likes of Cooper,who has far more about him than Cundle,who ,sorry, is nothing special .
Conor Gallagher looked a class above when he was on loan to us ,proven by his current status in the game .

So we developed him for Chelsea then?
Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 16:31 - Apr 25 with 3931 viewsDr_Winston

A bit of a George Byers for me. Lots of people rate him but nobody can really explain what he's actually good at.

There's no shortage of effort from him and now and again he threatens to be influential but mostly he's been average. His return in goals and assists for a player who has spent most of the season in the final third is pretty dismal.

As a cheap squad player to come in and play a few games now and again he could be a decent option, but he's not going to come cheap. Based on what we've seen of him this season we can probably do a lot better for the money Wolves would want.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 17:36 - Apr 25 with 3872 viewsKeithHaynes

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 13:39 - Apr 25 by onehunglow

Great

That’s what loans are all about.
Development.

We are developing Cooper, that’s why he plays in the first team squad.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 18:12 - Apr 25 with 3830 viewsswan_si

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 14:09 - Apr 25 by Gwyn737

brutal response. 👏🤣🤣
Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 19:41 - Apr 25 with 3757 viewsonehunglow

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 14:09 - Apr 25 by Gwyn737

Well,not sure Steveo developed him but he developed with us.
Note the underlying contempt in this thread

I don’t see why we should be a crèche for other clubs

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 19:45 - Apr 25 with 3762 viewsGwyn737

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 19:41 - Apr 25 by onehunglow

No contempt, just differences of opinion of what the loan system is for.

The perfect loan is where the player develops and in turn improves the team he’s loaned to and ultimately the benefits go to the home club.

If the argument is it’s blocking players then that suggests there shouldn’t be a loan system.
Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 20:05 - Apr 25 with 3740 viewsKeithHaynes

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 19:41 - Apr 25 by onehunglow

What about Cullen and Whittaker being used for the same thing. And Cooper at Newport.
And Joseph at Oxford. It’s a tried and tested and valuable development tool.

What contempt ?

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 20:29 - Apr 26 with 3570 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea should be developing Swansea players and even players from Swansea. Perhaps Cotterill Congreve or Lloyd would have developed even faster.

Swansea should bring in only elite 'game changers' like Archer was for Boro and Benson at Burnely. Swansea can produce their own "solid improving Pros" without help. A option to buy also helps.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 21:25 - Apr 26 with 3518 viewsKeithHaynes

Brilliant. A great article from an upcoming journalist and this becomes the fourth thread in 24 hours railroaded by people wanting to turn it in to yet another Russell Martin discussion which has had to be edited and have posts removed.

Now, I’m not saying there’s a problem with any discussion on any manager we have, or indeed any staff at the club. But saying the same thing over and over again on four different threads is absolutely ridiculous. And there’s another fifty I bet with the same context that started with a topic absolutely nothing to do with the current manager.

People should have a look at twitter, there’s a few people on there who view the continual berating and repetitive statements on the current manager on almost every thread as pathetic and makes the website’s forum an unhealthy place to visit. I see their point, Even though those making these statements are as hateful in their own way as you can get. The similarities are not lost on me.

All I can say is thankfully our articles continue to be read in their thousands and people can differentiate between the forum and the other areas of the website. Good Lord, honestly it had to be said.

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 09:46 - Apr 27 with 3389 viewsSTID2017

Excellent article and shows what those with the professional insight and knowledge can see that many can't.
The opportunity is there for players ( including loan players ) to grow and succeed if they want to at Swansea City.
It is never one sided.
Cundle has been given the opportunity and grasped it willingly.
Would love to see him here next season to continue to grow, but probably deserves his chance in the EPL
A credit to himself, as well as Russell Martin and the coachrs

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 10:43 - Apr 27 with 3352 viewsbuilthjack

A good.write up. Not all loans will be successful, but this one has benefited both us and Wolves.
We cang afford, or the owners won't pay, for players to come. So we have to go down the loan route unless we unearth better players.
A mixture of signings, loans, and our own developed players seems to work.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 15:02 - Apr 27 with 3267 viewsReslovenSwan1

Look at things from Wolves FC point of view. Their assessment is that Cundle is areal good player but not likely to get in their PL team in the short term unless they get relegated.

Their view on Cundle therefore may be a financial benefit view. How can they get cash for Cundle?

a) Loan fees are not great
b) Championship teams outside the parachutes have limited funds.
c) Cundle wants to play
d) Fees would be payable from a relegated club cutting wages and selling PL players.

One option is to sell Cundle to Swansea for £1m- £2m but insert a first option buy back clause. £8-10m should he perform brilliantly. Cundle would have to compromise on wages if there is a fee.

Another option is to put in a clause where Wolves get 40% of any profit Swansea make on the player. Winter would look to reduce this as much a possible.

These clauses would allow Wolves to profit on players who has in all reality little chance of playing for Wolves at present. This would help cover the costs of the Wolves academy. The buy back fee £8-£10m and the % cut Wolves required on the profits would be up for negotiation. Swansea would want to increase the fee and reduce the %.

Swansea city have a very decent record in increasing player valuations over the years. If you compare with Cardiff it is on a different level.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 16:42 - Apr 27 with 3211 viewsEagleEye

Great

As I said disappointed we didn’t have a player within our ranks that could have been given the valuable game time to develop in the Championship.

Loan players play an important part in Championship squads - the likes of Villa, Leeds, Forest in past seasons may well not have been promoted without them. Arguably Burnley & Sheff Utd this season have also had some key additions to get them over the line. Our loan players were not of the required quality unfortunately - and that is either down to poor recruitment or money or a disconnect between what the coach wants and what he gets
Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 18:25 - Apr 27 with 3183 viewsKeithHaynes

Great

If that’s the case then Plymouth developed Whittaker for us then, which you disagreed with.
Can’t have it both ways.

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 18:42 - Apr 27 with 3172 viewsswancity

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 18:25 - Apr 27 by KeithHaynes

If that’s the case then Plymouth developed Whittaker for us then, which you disagreed with.
Can’t have it both ways.

It’s pointless trying to reason with him or be sensible.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 19:16 - Apr 27 with 3137 viewsHellesdonJack

I was very impressed with Cundle on Saturday and in all fairness, also whenever I've watched him on TV this season. Not afraid to pass AND move, including in a forward direction. All terribly exciting.

Then again, I always used to rate Gwion Edwards for all the good that did for his 1st team chances.

Bloody opinions, eh?
Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 09:33 - Apr 28 with 3060 viewsRhonnda_Jack

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 10:40 - Apr 25 by Fireboy2

Good article, I can see luke becoming a PL player soon.

I hope he stays with us for next season as I think he will push on and be vital in a promotion push.

I'd rather pay £20 into keiths charity rather than him go back to wolves and play in the PL.

😆 that was the bet from earlier in the season.
I would love so see him coming back but honestly I think he will end up at a west brom or another midlands club.
Fair play to the lad though upping sticks and giving us a chance.
Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 17:11 - May 1 with 2875 viewsWhiterockin

And he has enjoyed his time here.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/luke-cundle-ive-loved-every-minute-swansea-city

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 21:11 - May 1 with 2774 viewslibertyx

We were at an away match and one of our group was speaking to Lukes father, who said Luke was staying with us for a second season. Hopefully it will happen
Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 21:23 - May 1 with 2746 viewsFireboy2

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 21:11 - May 1 by libertyx

We were at an away match and one of our group was speaking to Lukes father, who said Luke was staying with us for a second season. Hopefully it will happen

I hope so too 🙏
Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 21:51 - May 1 with 2709 viewsBoundy

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 21:23 - May 1 by Fireboy2

I hope so too 🙏

and me , I do like him and he has improved since coming here and I can't why that shouldn't continue .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Luke Cundle has developed beyond any expectation at Swansea City on 01:27 - May 2 with 2639 viewsAndyconky

He's been average with a couple of half decent games. He is however still young and has the potential to kick on!

Blog: Are we any better than other supporters ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024