Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? 11:05 - Jun 8 with 11229 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/60323/mullarkey-set-to-join

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 12:17 - Jun 14 with 1044 viewsChaffRAFC

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 07:16 - Jun 9 by TalkingSutty

I was responding to Chaffs original post which seemed to suggest that McNulty didn't fancy Mularkey, he didn't mention him being injured. Maybe i interpreted his post wrongly. The suggestion that we were a better team without him in the side is one that i have disputed, he was easily the best defender in the club from what i witnessed. Anyway, as Chaff alluded to it's all about opinions and disagreement is what keeps forums and discussions alive. Long may they continue.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2023 7:20]

He might have been injured at the end of the season but before that he'd been an unused substitute at least a couple of times and brought on for 5 minutes in another. He was also sent to that Lancashire Cup defeat against Accrington along with senior players Cameron John, Sam Graham and James Ball.

I can summise from that, that McNulty didn't think he was the best defender at the club and may not have rated him and I've heard that since too.

I thought Mullarkey did quite well myself, certainly a better defender than Taylor for me, but I'll go along with the guy who played the best part of 500 games as a professional football, as a defender and his opinions on defenders coz I reckon he knows better than I do.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 12:30 - Jun 14 with 984 viewsD_Alien

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 12:17 - Jun 14 by ChaffRAFC

He might have been injured at the end of the season but before that he'd been an unused substitute at least a couple of times and brought on for 5 minutes in another. He was also sent to that Lancashire Cup defeat against Accrington along with senior players Cameron John, Sam Graham and James Ball.

I can summise from that, that McNulty didn't think he was the best defender at the club and may not have rated him and I've heard that since too.

I thought Mullarkey did quite well myself, certainly a better defender than Taylor for me, but I'll go along with the guy who played the best part of 500 games as a professional football, as a defender and his opinions on defenders coz I reckon he knows better than I do.

Mullarkey was one of the better footballers we've seen at Dale over the past couple of seasons, and his defensive capabilities were evident. He was also excellent at carrying the ball forward and rarely lost possession

As others have said, if McNulty thought otherwise, that's just further evidence of his misjudgement along with the short goal-kick routine

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 12:45 - Jun 14 with 938 viewselectricblue

According JB a few weeks before the season ended he mentioned that SAJ was carrying Hernia for some time and would have that operated on at the end of the season and that TM was injured and is makng progress and could be available for the last few matches....

I think that JB sees TM more as an midfielder rather than a defender and and also on big wages.

Just hoping that somebody takes on cameron John now....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024