Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall 19:20 - Aug 12 with 5111 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60624/michael-duff-maste

Hey Micky your so fine, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 14:56 - Aug 13 with 1036 viewsDr_Winston

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 09:52 - Aug 13 by SullutaCreturned

If it were me (and we are so lucky it isn't) I'd bench Grimes and start Patino.

Grimes always takes the pace out of a game and he made the same mistake yesterday as last season in that he often dropped too deep, in between our centre halves. He should be driving play forward not taking it backwards.

He's a good option when you are ahead in the lat 20 because slowing t down, retaining the ball, it works then but it doesn't work when you are chasing the game.

If Allen is fit I'd start Patino and Allen ahead of Grimes and Cooper.

It's been said before, but any team with a midfield built around Grimes is going to struggle to play high tempo football.

Our best hope is that Martin breaks the trend of previous Grimes managers showing zero interest in taking him along with them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 17:49 - Aug 13 with 971 viewsGVJack

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 21:41 - Aug 12 by builthjack

He seems to be getting lots of excuses in. A dangerous game.

There's a fine line between being open and honest in your assessment and providing excuses. Time will tell which it is.
Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 18:58 - Aug 13 with 930 viewsvetchonian

I think he is referring more to the legend of "the Swansea Way" whilst many use this to describe our play it was more about how we did things like recruiting....under Martinez we played 4 at the back and fast attacking football we didn't have high possession stats ....it want really until that goal at Fulham where the passes were counted on MOTD. ..under Brendan and Laudrup we played with 4 at the back and Luadrup wasn't possession focused.
I believe Duff has been given a target of winning games so as to win promotion....we may no we will need to sacrifice possession for possession sake ....but that doesn't mean we have to become a hoofball team.
it's still early days....yet many on here are writing him off ..Martin did ingrain a change in players from their instinctive play it will not be undone overnight and maybe the likes of Grimes are still trying to show Martin he can play his way.
Martin was the master of excuses blaming pitches bus journeys and players.....many o here banged on about giving Martin time and how he needed at least two seasons and three transfer windows yet Duff is being dissed before he has has one window and only two league games.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 19:12 - Aug 13 with 909 viewsjack247

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 18:58 - Aug 13 by vetchonian

I think he is referring more to the legend of "the Swansea Way" whilst many use this to describe our play it was more about how we did things like recruiting....under Martinez we played 4 at the back and fast attacking football we didn't have high possession stats ....it want really until that goal at Fulham where the passes were counted on MOTD. ..under Brendan and Laudrup we played with 4 at the back and Luadrup wasn't possession focused.
I believe Duff has been given a target of winning games so as to win promotion....we may no we will need to sacrifice possession for possession sake ....but that doesn't mean we have to become a hoofball team.
it's still early days....yet many on here are writing him off ..Martin did ingrain a change in players from their instinctive play it will not be undone overnight and maybe the likes of Grimes are still trying to show Martin he can play his way.
Martin was the master of excuses blaming pitches bus journeys and players.....many o here banged on about giving Martin time and how he needed at least two seasons and three transfer windows yet Duff is being dissed before he has has one window and only two league games.

Very few, if any are writing him off. It’s 2 games. Lots are pointing out that it’s way below the required standard and needs to improve.

If Martin was the master of excuses (I thought Cooper was worse to be honest. Martin was just a worse manager so we heard it more often!), then Duff has just blown them both out of the water after his second game!

I don’t really buy into this coaching Martinball out of them theory either. Of yesterdays team, Grimes fair enough, Darling as well.

Other than that, 4 are new signings, do you really think it’s going to take Cabango, Wood and Fulton king to revert to their more natural game? I don’t see him asking Piroe or Oli Cooper to play much differently to last season.
Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 21:33 - Aug 13 with 844 viewsSullutaCreturned

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 09:57 - Aug 13 by Whiterockin

With what we currently have, I would play Patino in the centre and play Grimes on the left of midfield. Drastic I know, but at least we would have a left footer out wide. Teams know we are weak on the left and use it to their advantage.

Grimes hasnt the pace to play wide. Besides, our new signing is left footed so lets hope he's good.

Ashby now has great competition out on the right.
Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 09:06 - Aug 14 with 762 viewsonehunglow

Doubtful any outgoing manager has left such a legacy an£ not @ good one

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 09:26 - Aug 14 with 749 viewsWhiterockin

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 21:33 - Aug 13 by SullutaCreturned

Grimes hasnt the pace to play wide. Besides, our new signing is left footed so lets hope he's good.

Ashby now has great competition out on the right.

Ashby right back with Key right midfield is the way to go.
Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 09:37 - Aug 14 with 734 viewsKeithHaynes

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 09:26 - Aug 14 by Whiterockin

The other way round and I would agree 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 09:46 - Aug 14 with 717 viewsWhiterockin

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 09:37 - Aug 14 by KeithHaynes

The other way round and I would agree 👍

I just think that Key is better going forward but either way will work.
Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 11:01 - Aug 14 with 661 viewsSullutaCreturned

Michael Duff : Masters of our own downfall on 09:26 - Aug 14 by Whiterockin

That's if we go for a back 4, it won't happen with a back 3, there will only be room for one of them to start and right now Key looks the better option.

Then again, we have to to see what Tjoe-A-on is like.

I don't know why some managers favour the back 5 so much, with wing backs, these days. Specially when the wing backs are pushed so far up, we may as well get proper wingers and I've said that for the last 2 years.

4-3-3 seems a better idea, like Arsenal, Ginnelly, Piroe and Yates up front. Patino, Allen and Fulton in midfield.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024