Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LFW driving playlist 20:48 - Aug 23 with 9909 viewsBlackCrowe

My and an old pal are finally about to do our long-planned 3 week road trip from Nashville down to New Orleans. Have created several playlists but will produce a LFW one too.

So if you feel so inclined please feel free to suggest...long road driving classics.

BC

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

LFW driving playlist on 16:02 - Sep 5 with 832 viewsEsox_Lucius

and a heartfelt message from the board ...

The grass is always greener.

LFW driving playlist on 16:07 - Sep 5 with 831 viewsEsox_Lucius

LFW driving playlist on 19:45 - Aug 24 by Rebalhoop

Call me…by St Paul and the Broken Bones.
I was today years old when I first heard this……
Sorry can’t do the tecky stuff and put the video up.

I went to listen to that and was very impressed and whilst down the rabbit hole there was this cover done live.

The grass is always greener.

LFW driving playlist on 06:27 - Sep 6 with 753 viewswestberksr

LFW driving playlist on 16:07 - Sep 5 by Esox_Lucius

I went to listen to that and was very impressed and whilst down the rabbit hole there was this cover done live.

These guys are great live too. Seen then several times, they do look like the leftovers of crap college band from glee which is also part of their charm
LFW driving playlist on 06:30 - Sep 6 with 750 viewswestberksr

Anything by this chap is good listening
LFW driving playlist on 15:37 - Sep 23 with 609 viewsBlackCrowe

Just back (well a couple of days ago).

Playlist worked a treat in the Chevy Camaro (bstard Hertz), so thanks again for the suggestions.

Nashville. 4 nights. Too long by two nights. We had fun and saw great music one particular night and Johnny Cash museum was good but don't feel the need to ever return. Bit too new and high rise and expensive.

Florence, Alabama. 1 night. Red-neck town but had fun. Both Fame Studios and Muscle Shoals Studios flipping amazing, can feel the history ooozing out - both still fully functioning recording studios.

Memphis. 3 nights. What a town, loved it, superb blues and funk clubs, pool halls, Civil Rights Museum in the motel where MLK was assisinated, Sun Studios and STAX museum grooved. Would return here like a shot.

Clarksdale. 2 nights. Small town surrounded by cotton fields, impoverished and crumbling but such a vibe and two amazing dirty blues clubs with cracking bands playing. Mississippi Delta Blues museum cracking

Natchez. 2 nights. Town on the banks of the Mississipi, full of stunning mansions that once belonged to the plantation owners. They immediately surrendered when the Nationalist got near during the Civil war so that their houses wouldn't get trashed. Great eating and drinking.

Pass Christian. 2 nights. Coastal village on the south coast. not much to do but good place to kick back for a bit in the sun.

New Orleans. 4 nights. Lived up to expectations. Avoid Bourbon St like the plague full of pissed hen and stag parties getting hustled by dodgy scammers. Frenchmen Street is where it's all happen, bar after bar of truly great live music. Spent half a day on airboat touring round the Louisiana swamp. - aligators, birdlife - fab.

A trip that will last as long as my memory does.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 15:49]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

LFW driving playlist on 15:45 - Sep 23 with 597 viewsBrianMcCarthy

LFW driving playlist on 15:37 - Sep 23 by BlackCrowe

Playlist worked a treat in the Chevy Camaro (bstard Hertz), so thanks again for the suggestions.

Nashville. 4 nights. Too long by two nights. We had fun and saw great music one particular night and Johnny Cash museum was good but don't feel the need to ever return. Bit too new and high rise and expensive.

Florence, Alabama. 1 night. Red-neck town but had fun. Both Fame Studios and Muscle Shoals Studios flipping amazing, can feel the history ooozing out - both still fully functioning recording studios.

Memphis. 3 nights. What a town, loved it, superb blues and funk clubs, pool halls, Civil Rights Museum in the motel where MLK was assisinated, Sun Studios and STAX museum grooved. Would return here like a shot.

Clarksdale. 2 nights. Small town surrounded by cotton fields, impoverished and crumbling but such a vibe and two amazing dirty blues clubs with cracking bands playing. Mississippi Delta Blues museum cracking

Natchez. 2 nights. Town on the banks of the Mississipi, full of stunning mansions that once belonged to the plantation owners. They immediately surrendered when the Nationalist got near during the Civil war so that their houses wouldn't get trashed. Great eating and drinking.

Pass Christian. 2 nights. Coastal village on the south coast. not much to do but good place to kick back for a bit in the sun.

New Orleans. 4 nights. Lived up to expectations. Avoid Bourbon St like the plague full of pissed hen and stag parties getting hustled by dodgy scammers. Frenchmen Street is where it's all happen, bar after bar of truly great live music. Spent half a day on airboat touring round the Louisiana swamp. - aligators, birdlife - fab.

Sounds incredible. Delighted for you BC.

Friends of mine heading out there soon, I think. I'll pass on your notes if that's ok?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

LFW driving playlist on 16:12 - Sep 23 with 577 viewsted_hendrix

LFW driving playlist on 15:37 - Sep 23 by BlackCrowe

I'll not forget the visit to Sun Studio as long as I live.

Your trip brought back memories (been twice).

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024