Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My view on today's game 18:26 - Sep 23 with 4844 viewsmagicdaps10

Was pretty crap once again but hopefully it does the confidence good.

When we went 2-0 up the football, passing and control came.......it was dogshiite up to that.
We got away with it in the 10 minute spell from Wednesday in the second half but make no bones about it....Wednesday are dreadful.

Think this was a result more for the confidence.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

My view on today's game on 08:09 - Sep 24 with 820 viewsHeadmaster

My view on today's game on 22:35 - Sep 23 by Dr_Winston

We are, in reality, probably looking at a similar style to the one Cooper opted for as manager here. Whilst that might not be thrilling, and certainly playing the channels can under no circumstances be classed as "sexy" football, it was a helluva lot more effective than anything the Brighton Bullsh*tter served up.

I don't know if Duff will succeed. Injuries won't help his cause. His abrasive style will upset some people (frankly I'm in the camp that thinks more people need to be told to f*ck off) and we simply haven't played well enough so far this season for him to have much in terms of leeway.

It is quite telling however that his biggest critics, those who are in the main demanding that he be sacked this early in the season have a significant number of people who would have dived in front of a bullet for Russell Martin last season in their ranks.

It's almost as if they're desperately hoping that he'll fail.

Cooperball was pig awful but got results. Until it didn’t, because we’re still in the Championship. People said “the end justifies the means” to excuse the awful style of play, but we ended up failing anyway and I was glad to see him gone.

If Duff fails, it won’t be through injuries. On evidence thus far, it’ll be because he’s a poor fit for this club, his football is shite, and he talks a load of bollocks (judging from his press interviews, so Lord only knows what he’s saying to them in training). I don’t call that “abrasive”, I call it being a d*ck.

I’m one of his biggest critics and had no love for Martin long before he left. He couldn’t coach a defence to save his life, still can’t it seems, and was too stubborn for his own good. This obsession our fans have with Martin, both positive and negative, is so weird. The bloke’s gone, get the f*ck over it.
My view on today's game on 09:17 - Sep 24 with 741 viewsmagicdaps10

My view on today's game on 21:14 - Sep 23 by vetchonian

My opinion we saw a gameplan today its about getting the ball forwards and attacking.

As has been said before everyone is entitled to their opinion
Yet it seems Duff is not allowed time to bring his plan to fruition ..double standard's

Agreed, can't fathom why some wanted Martin out so quickly and yet that was their standard set but are now calling for time with Duff.

Baffling.

My view on today's game on 09:28 - Sep 24 with 723 viewsvetchonian

My view on today's game on 09:17 - Sep 24 by magicdaps10

Agreed, can't fathom why some wanted Martin out so quickly and yet that was their standard set but are now calling for time with Duff.

Baffling.

whilst I called out Martin early doors I certainly didn't call for his sacking after 6 games.
Mt critique of his football came after I witnessed goaless draw at home whilst others waffled on about how much better the football was. I highlighted what had been said about him at MK Don's and what he himself spoke about in interviews....I called him a fraud but didn't call for his sacking this early into his tenure.

Like Martin before him Duff has stepped up a level he is on a learning curve seems Martin in now his third Championship season hasn't learnt.

Duff is still looking to his best team combination I think yesterday's starting line up could be a good force only time will tell.....but many don't want Duff to be allowed that

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

My view on today's game on 09:34 - Sep 24 with 714 viewsKeithHaynes

My view on today's game on 09:28 - Sep 24 by vetchonian

whilst I called out Martin early doors I certainly didn't call for his sacking after 6 games.
Mt critique of his football came after I witnessed goaless draw at home whilst others waffled on about how much better the football was. I highlighted what had been said about him at MK Don's and what he himself spoke about in interviews....I called him a fraud but didn't call for his sacking this early into his tenure.

Like Martin before him Duff has stepped up a level he is on a learning curve seems Martin in now his third Championship season hasn't learnt.

Duff is still looking to his best team combination I think yesterday's starting line up could be a good force only time will tell.....but many don't want Duff to be allowed that

Of course he should be allowed to, and the people calling for his head have to realise he won’t be going nowhere any time soon.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

My view on today's game on 10:03 - Sep 24 with 654 viewsBryanSwan

My view on today's game on 09:34 - Sep 24 by KeithHaynes

Of course he should be allowed to, and the people calling for his head have to realise he won’t be going nowhere any time soon.

Completely agree that he won't be going anywhere soon. But still think he is absolute tripe and we will go nowhere with him at the helm.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

My view on today's game on 10:34 - Sep 24 with 607 viewsonehunglow

My view on today's game on 08:09 - Sep 24 by Headmaster

Cooperball was pig awful but got results. Until it didn’t, because we’re still in the Championship. People said “the end justifies the means” to excuse the awful style of play, but we ended up failing anyway and I was glad to see him gone.

If Duff fails, it won’t be through injuries. On evidence thus far, it’ll be because he’s a poor fit for this club, his football is shite, and he talks a load of bollocks (judging from his press interviews, so Lord only knows what he’s saying to them in training). I don’t call that “abrasive”, I call it being a d*ck.

I’m one of his biggest critics and had no love for Martin long before he left. He couldn’t coach a defence to save his life, still can’t it seems, and was too stubborn for his own good. This obsession our fans have with Martin, both positive and negative, is so weird. The bloke’s gone, get the f*ck over it.

Well,it didn’t get us promoted which was the case with Forest

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

My view on today's game on 10:37 - Sep 24 with 601 viewsRichardO

My view on today's game on 21:19 - Sep 23 by Dr_Winston

Anyone who has bothered to take the time to look at the way Barnsley played under Duff will recognise completely that the way we played today (in parts) is closer to what he wants than we have been.

The "Hoofball!" shyte doing the rounds is just the reaction from hysterical little babies crying that he's not pouring lies into their ears like his predecessor did.

Duff teams do try to get the ball forward quickly. 4/5 passes to the danger area rather than 20/30 as we saw under the fraud. Once they get into the last third there's a definite effort to play quick, interchange passes to create space around the box, which we've seen in bits in most games this season, but nowhere near well enough.

The biggest problem so far this year is an obvious one, and was obvious even at the time he left despite people trying to downplay his importance to us and what Duff was planning for the season to come. We simply don't have a replacement for Ntcham. A midfield of Grimes and Fulton simply doesn't offer anything like what we need going forward. There were glimpses today that a Grimes/Patino/Paterson combo is closer to the mark, but it's definitely an area for improvement.

Patino, Paterson and Grimes all like to have that extra touch on the ball, against a more able midfield it would be a problem as it was it invited some questionable challenges, they need to know when to take that extra touch and when to play the ball first time ball but that also takes the understanding and cooperation of the players around them, to be fair to them when they made the right choices it worked well.
First time of seeing Pedersen looked to offer himself well and had a good understanding of what was happening around him.
First time seeing Key in the right back position seemed to struggle with the high crossfield ball but eventually adapted well and in the second half cut out the threat turning it into forward momentum.
Hopefully both Pederson and Key have effort experience to assist in defence and aid the forward impetus.
Nice to see both Lowe and Yates have the pace to compliment each other on break away attacks so we can punish teams who push on in search of putting us under pressure similarly with Patino's goal.
First time seeing Tymon thought he ducked out of a number of headers which were his to be won.with him on we switched to 3/5 at the back my concern when we do keep the wingbacks out wide we get overrun in the middle of the park and when the Wingbacks push forward we leave spaces behind them leaving us susceptible to counter attacks although to counter being over run in the middle we ended dropping deep.

Good to see the win but still have concerns be nice if we can keep improving as the team settles down, hope Ginnelly won't be out too long.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2023 8:51]
My view on today's game on 11:23 - Sep 24 with 561 viewsmagicdaps10

My view on today's game on 21:13 - Sep 23 by Treforys_Jack

You're having a little dig at Patino, seriously? Thought he was excellent, actually tries things, looks forwards, a bit lightweight at the moment, but that's to be expected.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 22:55]

Rolls Royce of a player that would really stand out in a more confident or better team.

Suppose I am having a go at him under the circumstances we are in, takes too many touches and holds onto the ball longer than he should in situations he needs to release it.....he is young so I can understand that, he will learn as he plays more games.

Login to get fewer ads

My view on today's game on 11:57 - Sep 24 with 533 viewsRichardO

My view on today's game on 11:23 - Sep 24 by magicdaps10

Rolls Royce of a player that would really stand out in a more confident or better team.

Suppose I am having a go at him under the circumstances we are in, takes too many touches and holds onto the ball longer than he should in situations he needs to release it.....he is young so I can understand that, he will learn as he plays more games.

Patino I can forgive for taking too many touches given his inexperience at this level, have see good ball players getting caught with the ball when trying to force play, the likes of Ntcham and Celina taking too long when asked to play deeper roles, there are some more experienced players in our team who take too many touches some are somewhat forgivable further up the park but not in our defensive third there is the question about playing the first time ball and dropping your teammate in it, how many times to often have we seen the suicide pass and then not giving options to the receiving player, right play at the right time in the right place.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024