Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry Refection 18:57 - Sep 30 with 1065 viewsbluenwhite10

Let’s look at the game in 2 parts the 1st half and the 2nd half. When I saw the starting 11 I really would of stuck with Armstrong as the centre half that plays for Coventry although tactically clever and strong would be exposed for pace and Williock us a shadow of the player he once was but who am I. At the end of the 1st half it was even between 2 very poor sides. I was not concerned about Fox going off as it was straight replacement with JCS. The second half was a different story although I am a massive fan of Cook I thought he was exposed up against Simms who on various occasions done him for pace ( I am not sure if they see that in the dug out and say JCS you take him and Cook go spare) I think when we went a goal down it was the time to put Armstrong on but it was too late at 2 down. I was bemused why all game when Coventry had a corner or attacking free kick we kept 1 or 2 up front which seemed to stop a couple of times all of sudden. What disappointed me most as the game went on was Coventry seemed fitter as we where hopelessly overrun in midfield and they broke through with ease for the 2nd of 3 goal, but a starting midfield containing Dozzell, Chair Wiilock is not robust enough for Championship football although it does give you something going forward is does not work in the style Gareth plays as we do not play or have the players to play possession based football. We massively missed Colback today for the balance he brings to the team. My player of the match today was Ken who showed some good touches on the ball. Forgot to mention a couple of times we did put a couple of good boys in the box one from Ozzie in the second half there weren’t anybody their which back my point on legs in midfield. I think we will struggle for a while and the issue is bigger than the manager and needs a review from the top down especially if what we read in the paper was correct that our Goalie is on 32 k a week! I for one was not in favour of Gareth coming in at the start although he was a great 100% player for us I did not believe his style of play was suited to championship or most importantly QPR who would I of had instead .. don’t know and maybe that was the problem. Should Ainsworth go now? If it continues yes or if the opportunity comes that Warniock could come in short term to steady the boat. I can’t see anything from Leeds away so roll on Blackburn next Saturday and if all fit and ready to go I would go with. 4-5-1 Bergovic, Cannon, Dunne Cook, Paal a 5 of Smyth, Colback, Field, Dozzell (Chair to float and create) and Dykes up top…and if we go behind revert to 4 4 2 with Armstrong coming on and while Ozzie has come on leaps and bounds he is still way behind JCS and Dunne in a back 4 or 5. Keep the faith and up the R’s
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 19:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024