Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** 19:20 - Oct 4 with 12992 viewsModeratorC

Welcome to the Swans Indy match day thread. Much talked about by other clubs supporters, Norwich were so enamoured with our thread they all got in a Tiswas. For those that don’t know Tiswas meant ‘Today is Saturday Watch and smile’

Well, today isn’t Saturday yet, unless it is, but it will be, if it’s not already, regardless of what day it is today. Tiswas was filmed and produced actually in Home Park when Chris Tarrant was nine. Quintin took Tarrants surname, added an O and the rest is history.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61031/cabango-out-for-th

This post has been edited by an administrator
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 08:23 - Oct 7 with 1940 viewsSullutaCreturned

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 10:48 - Oct 6 by Dr_Winston

The best example of this I can think of is the German national team over the years. They always seemed to have an endless supply of technically capable players who could slot into the squad and do whatever job was needed of them.

Not many ever feature on the lists of flair players, although they've had a few. Mostly it's the team that has been King.

Germany is a very good example. I wouldn't at all mind being as organised and efficient as them.

The team with Lothar Matthaus, that's what we need to be like. Wouldn't mind having a Jurgen Klinsmann either.

Edit, me and the boy are just about to set off...COYJBs
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 8:25]
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 08:43 - Oct 7 with 1913 viewsguthrieintherain

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 17:26 - Oct 5 by SullutaCreturned

I bumped into a Plymouth fan at the services this season, he seemed to love him and thought we'd been dumb to sell him.

Mind you, Pato has a tantrum in him but he's been much better recently. Duff is getting a tune out of him, and others.

I take it no one wants Duff sacked anymore?

Some players just suit certain clubs.

Leon is a prime example.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 08:47 - Oct 7 with 1911 viewsDr_Winston

“I had a meeting with the players on my very first morning at the football club, introduced myself and the staff, the usual, standard, welcome-day meeting,” Duff told BBC Sport.

“Morgan then followed me up to the office, knocked on my door and said, ‘I want to leave’.

“He didn’t kick off, he said, ‘it’s nothing to do with you’. I don’t know what had gone on previously and it’s none of my business, but he made it quite clear he didn’t want to be here and there are certain things I do now know, but I’m not prepared to get into that.

“He’s moved on, we wish him all the best, apart from Saturday.

“It happens in football. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out at the football club,” Duff said.

“Things had gone on previous to me that basically meant he didn’t want to be at the football club anymore, but he’s a boy of good ability, people would’ve seen that.

“He seems to have found a home in Plymouth, whether that was going on in the background I don’t know, I wasn’t privy to that, but he dealt with it properly.

“He didn’t refuse to train or demand to go on the transfer list or anything like that.

“He had an honest conversation with me, told me where he is at, and then the clubs came to an agreement.”

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 10:26 - Oct 7 with 1824 viewsAguycalledJack

For anybody travelling by road. Heavy traffic at Newport. Currently on standstill.
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 10:33 - Oct 7 with 1811 viewsKeithHaynes

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 08:47 - Oct 7 by Dr_Winston

“I had a meeting with the players on my very first morning at the football club, introduced myself and the staff, the usual, standard, welcome-day meeting,” Duff told BBC Sport.

“Morgan then followed me up to the office, knocked on my door and said, ‘I want to leave’.

“He didn’t kick off, he said, ‘it’s nothing to do with you’. I don’t know what had gone on previously and it’s none of my business, but he made it quite clear he didn’t want to be here and there are certain things I do now know, but I’m not prepared to get into that.

“He’s moved on, we wish him all the best, apart from Saturday.

“It happens in football. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out at the football club,” Duff said.

“Things had gone on previous to me that basically meant he didn’t want to be at the football club anymore, but he’s a boy of good ability, people would’ve seen that.

“He seems to have found a home in Plymouth, whether that was going on in the background I don’t know, I wasn’t privy to that, but he dealt with it properly.

“He didn’t refuse to train or demand to go on the transfer list or anything like that.

“He had an honest conversation with me, told me where he is at, and then the clubs came to an agreement.”

‘Nothing to do with you ‘ implies …

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 11:11 - Oct 7 with 1764 viewsangryjack

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 10:26 - Oct 7 by AguycalledJack

For anybody travelling by road. Heavy traffic at Newport. Currently on standstill.

Drakeford wouldn't build relief rd
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 11:26 - Oct 7 with 1748 viewsWhiterockin

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 11:11 - Oct 7 by angryjack

Drakeford wouldn't build relief rd

I think many travelling fans will today find out what we have been talking about for a long time.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 12:47 - Oct 7 with 1699 viewsnantywatcher

After watching the highlights of their mid-week game against Millwall where they battered Millwall and still finished losing, I would guess they will be fully determined for lightning not to strike twice within one week. I would be more than happy for a point today.
Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 14:09 - Oct 7 with 1615 viewsRhonddaSwans

Swansea City: Rushworth; Key, Darling, Humphreys, Tymon; Grimes (c), Patino; Lowe, Paterson, Cullen; Yates

Subs: Fisher, Fulton, Kuharevich, Tjoe-A-On, Naughton, Walsh, Ashby, O.Cooper, Congreve

Poll: what is more Exciting

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 14:16 - Oct 7 with 1603 viewsRhonddaSwans

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 12:47 - Oct 7 by nantywatcher

After watching the highlights of their mid-week game against Millwall where they battered Millwall and still finished losing, I would guess they will be fully determined for lightning not to strike twice within one week. I would be more than happy for a point today.

I watched the full game they were more like qpr getting into good positions and skiing it.

Morgan Whittaker could of score 2/3 on another day.
Luke Cundle has found another 10% since last year.
Azaz was dangerous, Their wingers are to fast for the rest of the team watch for their winger running in zig zags today 😆.

Hopefully we can keep morgan quite.
As we have seen they can be bloody dangerous on their day...

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 14:39 - Oct 7 with 1542 viewsKeithHaynes

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 14:16 - Oct 7 by RhonddaSwans

I watched the full game they were more like qpr getting into good positions and skiing it.

Morgan Whittaker could of score 2/3 on another day.
Luke Cundle has found another 10% since last year.
Azaz was dangerous, Their wingers are to fast for the rest of the team watch for their winger running in zig zags today 😆.

Hopefully we can keep morgan quite.
As we have seen they can be bloody dangerous on their day...

They will try and overrun us early on, they have real pace.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 14:48 - Oct 7 with 1520 viewsRhonddaSwans

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 14:39 - Oct 7 by KeithHaynes

They will try and overrun us early on, they have real pace.

Its like it is to much for them at times,
I swear the winger was zig zagging at times.
Morgan Whittaker was playing on the wing and dropping in at no10
(Natcham position)
They are a very good side, we must respect them today as the wheels could come off again.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 14:51 - Oct 7 with 1511 viewsunion_jack

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 14:48 - Oct 7 by RhonddaSwans

Its like it is to much for them at times,
I swear the winger was zig zagging at times.
Morgan Whittaker was playing on the wing and dropping in at no10
(Natcham position)
They are a very good side, we must respect them today as the wheels could come off again.

Not particularly confident even though we’re on an upward trajectory.

As someone said, I’d settle for a draw right now.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 14:56 - Oct 7 with 1492 viewsFireboy2

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 14:51 - Oct 7 by union_jack

Not particularly confident even though we’re on an upward trajectory.

As someone said, I’d settle for a draw right now.

And me.
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 15:23 - Oct 7 with 1370 viewsRhonddaSwans

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 14:56 - Oct 7 by Fireboy2

And me.

I am with you lads!
Plymouth are a good team we need to score next.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 15:28 - Oct 7 with 1320 viewsblackpooljack

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 15:23 - Oct 7 by RhonddaSwans

I am with you lads!
Plymouth are a good team we need to score next.

Tbh even though we're a goal down i don't particularly rate them i'm pretty confident we'll turn it around
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 15:31 - Oct 7 with 1297 viewsFireboy2

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 15:28 - Oct 7 by blackpooljack

Tbh even though we're a goal down i don't particularly rate them i'm pretty confident we'll turn it around

I'm not.
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 15:37 - Oct 7 with 1257 viewsRhonddaSwans

Argiles stadium is the 12th man (not the fans) The sun being in our players and keepers eyes 👀

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 15:40 - Oct 7 with 1236 viewsRhonddaSwans

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 15:31 - Oct 7 by Fireboy2

I'm not.

We are playing with identity today,
We could of scored one or two.
Josh T is the only ?

Jamal 'messi ronaldo stam' Lowe is playing out of his skin + street wise

JAMAL SCORE A GOAL FOR SWANSEA!
(Takes Sir Bonys chant) 😂 sorry lads!

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 15:45 - Oct 7 with 1181 viewsRhonddaSwans

pen 😡

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 15:46 - Oct 7 with 1177 viewsRhonddaSwans

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 15:45 - Oct 7 by RhonddaSwans

pen 😡

No pen seen replay 😭

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 15:49 - Oct 7 with 1159 viewsRhonddaSwans

One down but not out.

We score first we will take all 3 points
This is eather a 2-0 or 1-3

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 15:56 - Oct 7 with 1084 viewsunion_jack

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 15:49 - Oct 7 by RhonddaSwans

One down but not out.

We score first we will take all 3 points
This is eather a 2-0 or 1-3

There’s plenty of room out there to be exploited. If we had serious wingers it would be different. Having Cullen and Lowe out wide is not cutting the mustard.
I still maintain that we don’t have enough quality in this side to mount anything resembling a challenge this year. It’s going to have to be the whole being greater than the sum of its parts.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 16:01 - Oct 7 with 1042 viewsKeithHaynes

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 15:56 - Oct 7 by union_jack

There’s plenty of room out there to be exploited. If we had serious wingers it would be different. Having Cullen and Lowe out wide is not cutting the mustard.
I still maintain that we don’t have enough quality in this side to mount anything resembling a challenge this year. It’s going to have to be the whole being greater than the sum of its parts.

Cullen is leaving us a man short by playing there. He’s had a few nice touches but his real bread and butter chance and he was a yard short.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 16:01 - Oct 7 with 1037 viewsRhonddaSwans

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 15:56 - Oct 7 by union_jack

Lowe has been outstanding today stand out for us today.
Cullen is a fox in the box his chance was class.
Do you agree Josh Tynmon is looking not totally match fit?
Who do we bring on?
All we seem to be doing is crossing so Cullen off Nico on
Tymon off toe jo on? (want to see our new lad)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024