Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For all the talk about the death of the "Swansea Way" 12:49 - Oct 9 with 1882 viewsDr_Winston

The last few performances have been much more reminiscent of the way we played under Martinez or Laudrup than almost everything we saw in the four years previously.

Quick passing. Passing with intent to create chances rather than mindlessly racking up possession. The days of having 70% of the ball and only mustering three shots on target aren't something I'm keen to witness again.

Obviously it's less than half a dozen games so caution is required about our ability to maintain this in the long run, but if this is the intent from here on in then that'll do me.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

For all the talk about the death of the "Swansea Way" on 12:54 - Oct 9 with 1864 viewsshandyjack

almost as if you just tweeted this word for word hahaha

I completely agree with this and long may it continue. I've been advocating for 4-3-3 for years and guess what, it works and we pick up results. Mental that others have persisted with 3 atb for so long

Poll: Expectation for the season

For all the talk about the death of the "Swansea Way" on 12:57 - Oct 9 with 1847 viewsonehunglow

This season we are doing what teams did to us under Russy.
The first goal against Norwich a perfect example .
It’s beautiful to watch u# full of verve and taking it to the opposition and when ahead ,going for the throat instead of throwing games away .
Doctor Win is bang on the money

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

For all the talk about the death of the "Swansea Way" on 13:03 - Oct 9 with 1852 viewsjack247

Completely agree with the original post. Said yesterday it’s better to watch than anything we saw for a sustained period under Martin or Cooper.

Two things I didn’t see coming.

Duff turning us 180 so quickly after the first six games.

Jamie Paterson being a key part of a front four of grafters who move the ball and swap positions with attacking intent and purpose.

Long may it continue.
For all the talk about the death of the "Swansea Way" on 17:24 - Oct 9 with 1672 viewsKeithHaynes

It is indeed, I agree.
And without players who you would think ( I think ) could do it.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

For all the talk about the death of the "Swansea Way" on 18:40 - Oct 9 with 1615 viewsDr_Winston

It all sort of plays into the debate that was had at the time with regards what the "Swansea Way actually was.

I suspect most people would, if pushed, narrow that down to attractive, attacking passing football. If that is the case then plenty of other clubs can lay claim to the same. As for us, after Graham Potter's attempt at resuscitating it the Swansea Way died at some point during Steve Cooper's first season.

Duff's much decried comments about it being dead were actually pretty accurate, along with those about the Cardiff game being worth the same amount of points as any other. Truth, but as a fanbase we've never been all that fond of truth. We'd rather have bullsh*t wrapped up in pretty paper with a bit of arse kissing on top.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

For all the talk about the death of the "Swansea Way" on 20:38 - Oct 10 with 1319 viewsSullutaCreturned

For all the talk about the death of the "Swansea Way" on 18:40 - Oct 9 by Dr_Winston

It all sort of plays into the debate that was had at the time with regards what the "Swansea Way actually was.

I suspect most people would, if pushed, narrow that down to attractive, attacking passing football. If that is the case then plenty of other clubs can lay claim to the same. As for us, after Graham Potter's attempt at resuscitating it the Swansea Way died at some point during Steve Cooper's first season.

Duff's much decried comments about it being dead were actually pretty accurate, along with those about the Cardiff game being worth the same amount of points as any other. Truth, but as a fanbase we've never been all that fond of truth. We'd rather have bullsh*t wrapped up in pretty paper with a bit of arse kissing on top.

Your last sentence, I'm probably not allowed to name a recent manager who was very good at BS, pretty paper and the kissing lark.

What was very evident in the second half at Plymouth was the work ethic. The first half was fairly poor in many ways but the second half they ALL stepped up and worked for each other harder than I had seen in the last 2 seasons.

Duff even gave us a fist pump at the end.

The Swansea way, not sure what that is but I want to be entertained AND have a chance of winning more than losing.
For all the talk about the death of the "Swansea Way" on 21:17 - Oct 10 with 1289 viewsDr_Winston

For all the talk about the death of the "Swansea Way" on 20:38 - Oct 10 by SullutaCreturned

Your last sentence, I'm probably not allowed to name a recent manager who was very good at BS, pretty paper and the kissing lark.

What was very evident in the second half at Plymouth was the work ethic. The first half was fairly poor in many ways but the second half they ALL stepped up and worked for each other harder than I had seen in the last 2 seasons.

Duff even gave us a fist pump at the end.

The Swansea way, not sure what that is but I want to be entertained AND have a chance of winning more than losing.

It's not just the most recent manager. There's a list of people with a long track record of making easy gestures to get the fanbase onside whilst their actions did the opposite and nobody cared.

People who don't play to the crowd (Jason Scotland is a perfect example here. Consistently overlooked in the lists of our best strikers yet better in every way than Trundle) get ignored if they're lucky. Hated if they're not.

A bit of fist pumping or badge kissing and too many people will lap it up like Ambrosia.

For all the talk about the death of the "Swansea Way" on 09:12 - Oct 11 with 1172 viewsonehunglow

For all the talk about the death of the "Swansea Way" on 21:17 - Oct 10 by Dr_Winston

It's not just the most recent manager. There's a list of people with a long track record of making easy gestures to get the fanbase onside whilst their actions did the opposite and nobody cared.

People who don't play to the crowd (Jason Scotland is a perfect example here. Consistently overlooked in the lists of our best strikers yet better in every way than Trundle) get ignored if they're lucky. Hated if they're not.

A bit of fist pumping or badge kissing and too many people will lap it up like Ambrosia.

I agree it’s all too shallow but surely taking the shirt off only to wave it around like a nine year old is worse.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024