Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not fit to wear the shirt. 00:37 - Oct 25 with 5412 viewsconnell10

I think I can honestly say this about this squad, not one of them is fit to wear the blue and white hoops....total bunch of pathetic wasters. I think the players are getting away with murder! I know much of the fans ire is aimed at Ainsworth but I think just as much anger should be aimed at these so called professional footballers!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 00:56 - Oct 25 with 4372 viewsJules4367

People seem to have this strange notion that a new manager will somehow change the strategy and THAT - all by its wondrous self- will turn the donkeys into thoroughbred stallions who will gallop up the table!?!

The players are front to back asses and no change of manager will make Dykes score more goals for us as I have said elsewhere!!

So not fit to wear the shirt does it fit me!!!
Not fit to wear the shirt. on 00:59 - Oct 25 with 4346 viewsDamo1962

Same here. Players are the real problem, and the people who signed them. Looking at the Fakes in L1..next season season isn't going to be much better.
Not fit to wear the shirt. on 01:08 - Oct 25 with 4340 viewsHayesender

I couldn't believe what I saw from Colback in that 2nd half. I'm convinced he was trying to get himself sent off. Another one I'd try and shift on in January

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 01:27 - Oct 25 with 4312 viewsJules4367

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 01:08 - Oct 25 by Hayesender

I couldn't believe what I saw from Colback in that 2nd half. I'm convinced he was trying to get himself sent off. Another one I'd try and shift on in January

I said this in another post that I felt players would rather get sent off than be part of the forthcoming debacle and embarrassment on Saturday. Better to have a ban and a fine than be on the pitch and part of the club’s heaviest ever defeat which is a realistic possibility!!
Not fit to wear the shirt. on 06:24 - Oct 25 with 4117 viewsconnell10

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 01:08 - Oct 25 by Hayesender

As I said else where Joey Barton Mark 2

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 07:28 - Oct 25 with 4001 viewsThGrimRanger

talk of ‘better going down last season’ on another thread. I reckon this lot would be fighting relegation in league one.

TheGrimRanger

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 08:15 - Oct 25 with 3900 viewscolinallcars

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 07:28 - Oct 25 by ThGrimRanger

talk of ‘better going down last season’ on another thread. I reckon this lot would be fighting relegation in league one.

I doubt they'd be fighting relegation - going down with a whimper more like.
Not fit to wear the shirt. on 08:21 - Oct 25 with 3879 viewsDejR_vu

It’s a decent first 11, a thin squad, but it’s not as bad as this. They’re being set up to fail

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 08:46 - Oct 25 with 3784 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 08:15 - Oct 25 by colinallcars

I doubt they'd be fighting relegation - going down with a whimper more like.

You are dead right. Ive worked at Port Vale for thhe last couple off seasons and so seen a fair bit of league one football. This team would stuggle just as much in that league as they are in this one
Not fit to wear the shirt. on 09:03 - Oct 25 with 3701 viewsGaryBannister86

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 00:56 - Oct 25 by Jules4367

People seem to have this strange notion that a new manager will somehow change the strategy and THAT - all by its wondrous self- will turn the donkeys into thoroughbred stallions who will gallop up the table!?!

The players are front to back asses and no change of manager will make Dykes score more goals for us as I have said elsewhere!!

So not fit to wear the shirt does it fit me!!!

Disagree completely. I don't think it is fair to claim the players aren't trying. They are being hopeless, and coached by someone who has no idea what he is doing, but I see no evidence of a lack of effort.

A decent manager will get Dykes playing properly, I have no doubt. Did you listen to Warnock about Dykes when he was co-commentating on Sky recently? He loved him. I bet he would make Dykes feel 10 foot tall, wouldn't stifle him with the most obvious tactics and lo and behold the guy who scores international goals would be firing again.

It must get to the point with players like Dykes, Field, Chair, Cook even - that they can see what this manager is doing to them. Can't they go above Ainsworth and make a polite point that something has to change? Doesn't that happen?

I've never seen a manager make so many decent players look so bad before.
Not fit to wear the shirt. on 09:05 - Oct 25 with 3681 viewscolinallcars

QPR Ladies are just as bad……not fit to wear the skirt.
Not fit to wear the shirt. on 09:16 - Oct 25 with 3617 viewsRs_Holy

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 09:03 - Oct 25 by GaryBannister86

Disagree completely. I don't think it is fair to claim the players aren't trying. They are being hopeless, and coached by someone who has no idea what he is doing, but I see no evidence of a lack of effort.

A decent manager will get Dykes playing properly, I have no doubt. Did you listen to Warnock about Dykes when he was co-commentating on Sky recently? He loved him. I bet he would make Dykes feel 10 foot tall, wouldn't stifle him with the most obvious tactics and lo and behold the guy who scores international goals would be firing again.

It must get to the point with players like Dykes, Field, Chair, Cook even - that they can see what this manager is doing to them. Can't they go above Ainsworth and make a polite point that something has to change? Doesn't that happen?

I kind of agree ... The squad is not good enough and we will go down who-ever is in charge, but we need to start building something for next season.
The fans need some reward for their loyalty... Yes they want to see commitment but they also want to see good build up play and some chances created ... maybe even the odd goal (maybe the goals thing is expecting too much?).
I think this squad (with 2 or 3 sensible additions) if managed well in League 1 could be up there (possibly playoffs).
We might be able to hang onto the older players too if they feel the club can give it a go next season??? Some of the younger players would be much more comfortable and players like Paul Smyth would look a decent striker too.
Not fit to wear the shirt. on 09:20 - Oct 25 with 3581 viewsngbqpr

Disagree with the OP. Some examples...

Take Chair & Dykes for example. In the first half last night, every single time they got the ball, there were 2 or 3 Albion players surrounding them. This was nothing to do with some sort of uber-pressing game from WBA. It was all about the way we were set up, with no one else anywhere near them.

Chair gamely tried a few times to take on 3 men, and eventually settled for winning throw-ins. Dykes gamely tried to win a few headers, knowing full well there was no one in a hooped shirt near enough to feed off them if he succeeded.

Kakay has never not tried.Under Warbs, he was rarely trusted as a starter, but was an ok back up. He's now been hung out to dry this season, and the complete loss of confidence is there for all to see.

Field looks like a man carrying a heavy load, desperately trying to keep going against the odds.

Smyth works his socks off, gets a start for his national team, has a blinder, and is benched. Like Kakay, maybe a limited player, but he doesn't lack effort.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 09:26 - Oct 25 with 3556 viewsJules4367

I take your viewpoint but please consider this

For ANY team - school, Sunday park, non league, etc., to go a whole match with one shot (ONE!) and that in the second half and Not at the goal you have to blame the players- not the manager!

His advice would be ‘when you get the opportunity- have a go’ and yet they don’t!!

For all people say about set up - once they are out there - to not have any opportunity in the first half is criminal and because they are poor!

You and I both can see that they are all incompetent whether in attack midfield defence and it cannot all be the managers fault!

The players should shoulder some of the blame!!
Not fit to wear the shirt. on 09:34 - Oct 25 with 3526 viewsGaryBannister86

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 09:26 - Oct 25 by Jules4367

I take your viewpoint but please consider this

For ANY team - school, Sunday park, non league, etc., to go a whole match with one shot (ONE!) and that in the second half and Not at the goal you have to blame the players- not the manager!

His advice would be ‘when you get the opportunity- have a go’ and yet they don’t!!

For all people say about set up - once they are out there - to not have any opportunity in the first half is criminal and because they are poor!

You and I both can see that they are all incompetent whether in attack midfield defence and it cannot all be the managers fault!

The players should shoulder some of the blame!!

Normally I am more than happy to blame the players but as the previous poster above said, what are they supposed to do? They can't ignore the manager or they will get Willocked?

What is Dykes supposed to do? Every single game every team knows Rejectovic is going to launch it to him. Even then he wins some headers. There is never anyone within 20 yards of him? Must be so demoralising.

What can Chair do under these instructions? HIs whole game has gone to pot because he has no-one to interact with, play little passes. All he has improved is his neck muscles.

I think the players should take responsibility and revolt.
Not fit to wear the shirt. on 09:43 - Oct 25 with 3483 viewsloftboy

“ I think the players should take responsibility and revolt.”

I think they already have!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 09:56 - Oct 25 with 3421 viewsQPunkR

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 09:43 - Oct 25 by loftboy

“ I think the players should take responsibility and revolt.”

I think they already have!

They're definitely revolting in one way..

QPR - "shit but local"

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 10:06 - Oct 25 with 3395 viewsSonofpugwash

I thought we did alright until the sending off.The setup plainly engineered for a draw nearly paid off.Well harsh red card,Dunne us up like a kipper.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 10:10 - Oct 25 with 3367 viewsWadR

I'm in the 'the squad isn't great but this is on the manager' camp.

The formation and tactics last night were embarrassing. 5-4-1, everyone behind the ball out of possession, no attempt to commit players forward. It's West Brom, not Man City!

As stated by ngb, our gameplan was more or less hoof it vaguely towards Dykes. If he won the flick on, there wasn't a QPR player within 10 yards of him. Chair, consistently doubled or trebled up on, isolated. We've seen from previous seasons that Chair can be a great player at this level but he needs runners beyond him and intelligent players playing close to him. It's utterly thankless and a waste of his talents to play him like this.

There's enough quality in that line up - Chair, Field, Cannon, Dykes, Paal, Colback, JCS - I'd say that starting XI is better than Huddersfield's or Plymouth's. Last night I didn't see players downing tools - I saw players low on confidence trying to execute a terrible gameplan.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 10:15]
Not fit to wear the shirt. on 10:35 - Oct 25 with 3278 viewsCamberleyR

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 00:59 - Oct 25 by Damo1962

Same here. Players are the real problem, and the people who signed them. Looking at the Fakes in L1..next season season isn't going to be much better.

Hadn't taken much notice of the table in L1 but blimey it looks like they're going to fall straight down the trapdoor into L2 and if we went down I could see us doing exactly the same, none of this reset and come back stronger bollocks.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 10:54 - Oct 25 with 3209 viewsNorthantsHoop

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 08:46 - Oct 25 by dodge_stoke_r

You are dead right. Ive worked at Port Vale for thhe last couple off seasons and so seen a fair bit of league one football. This team would stuggle just as much in that league as they are in this one

I agree been to see Northampton Town a couple of times at home this season and QPR would struggle in League 1, they outplayed Reading a couple of weeks ago and beat them 3-1 and look at where Reading have come down from.
Not fit to wear the shirt. on 10:59 - Oct 25 with 3182 viewsloftboy

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 10:54 - Oct 25 by NorthantsHoop

I agree been to see Northampton Town a couple of times at home this season and QPR would struggle in League 1, they outplayed Reading a couple of weeks ago and beat them 3-1 and look at where Reading have come down from.

Reading are basically bar a couple of players playing their youth team.
Someone on their message board yesterday stated that they are one of the biggest clubs in the EFL😂😂😂😂
Also LewisWing gets slated..
9000 there yesterday, gradually heading back to their Elm park days.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 12:20]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 12:51 - Oct 25 with 3037 viewsDTIG

"A decent manager will get Dykes playing properly"
Pep, Klopp and Sir Alex combined couldn't get him playing properly. At least not for QPR.
Little desire, no determination, very little talent, constantly on his heels, doesn't win headers, second touch is always a tackle.
You can't polish a turd as they say.
Not fit to wear the shirt. on 13:02 - Oct 25 with 2992 viewsGaryBannister86

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 12:51 - Oct 25 by DTIG

"A decent manager will get Dykes playing properly"
Pep, Klopp and Sir Alex combined couldn't get him playing properly. At least not for QPR.
Little desire, no determination, very little talent, constantly on his heels, doesn't win headers, second touch is always a tackle.
You can't polish a turd as they say.

You obviously are a better judge of player than Steve Clarke, Neil Warnock and Mark Warburton then. They all must have him totally wrong.

You are, no doubt, a better judge than Ainsworth though.
Not fit to wear the shirt. on 15:35 - Oct 25 with 2773 viewsDTIG

Not fit to wear the shirt. on 13:02 - Oct 25 by GaryBannister86

You obviously are a better judge of player than Steve Clarke, Neil Warnock and Mark Warburton then. They all must have him totally wrong.

You are, no doubt, a better judge than Ainsworth though.

I am indeed. Clark Ainsworth and Warburton have/had no choice. Warnock must be on drugs.

It's simple. Look at the number of goals he's scored from open play this season and last and you tell me if he's a decent striker. Last season, 39 games... 6 goals from open play and 2 assists. That's it, which puts him 36th in the list of championship strikers.

Would you pick him in your fantasy team? I thought not. :-)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024