Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome to QPR Cifuentes! Are we happy? 22:29 - Oct 30 with 4959 viewsHoopsie

Welcome to QPR Cifuentes! Are we happy?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Welcome to QPR Cifuentes! Are we happy? on 16:54 - Oct 31 with 580 viewsdm97

Welcome to QPR Cifuentes! Are we happy? on 15:38 - Oct 31 by Northernr

Agreed.

I think, all het up and angry after watching Sam Field play right wing at Middlesbrough, I put in his hiring piece that this idea of a 'qpr way' is a 'sanctimonious delusion' and we had a big debate on here about what exactly we meant by 'qpr way'. At the time I was quite up for a bit of no-nonsense defending, a few people attacking crosses and set pieces etc.

But you're right. It's 2023. And it's QPR. It's not 30 years ago, and we're not Wycombe. You can't play like that here. You have to at least try to be better. For the fans, and also for the sport as it is now.

Good post.

Yeah I think we as a fan base like to mock ourselves which I genuinely do enjoy and think it generally shows the sort of group we are (self aware where others very much are not..mostly).

I think you’ve written this Clive, we have spent 46 of the last 50 seasons in the top two tiers or something like that?

So when Gareth came out with “I’ve told them to dream about playing in the championship” you just think how was this ever going to work. It’s fundamental misalignment. It isn’t just GA tbf, Jones would be similar from doing some very heavy siege mentality lifting at Luton. Don’t get me wrong it can work, look at how many Millwall managers have played up to it and been rewarded (irony being jones might go there and be brilliant), but it isn’t us. End of story.

I am biased because I loved him but I think Warbs is the only one of the recent batch who really got this about us, maybe because he grew up when we were good I don’t know. Rambling a tad now but it’s really irked me since pre season and think we as a fan base have let it slide too far because we’re so conditioned to this shi*.

We’re allowed to want nice things even if we can’t always have nice things.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024