Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel 11:08 - Dec 3 with 3348 viewsswancity

at Southampton. A truly talented passionate coach with a definite playing style belief and philosophy.

And many of you experts wanted him sacked

Be careful what you wish for ….

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 11:19 - Dec 3 with 2848 viewsWhiterockin

How much of the problem is our owners and their approach and not the recent managers "behind the scenes issues".

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 11:21 - Dec 3 with 2847 viewsOptimisticJack

I would much prefer to be in lower table obscurity under Martin than under the current regime.
At least our football under Martin was sublime at times and it felt that we were moving in a certain direction even if we got hit off course now and again.
Presently our footballing identity is lost and we only seem to be heading one way.

Optimisticjack

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 11:22 - Dec 3 with 2840 viewsKeithHaynes

I felt he was on the cusp of success with the Swans. His finish of last season was enough to evidence that. I never really felt the personal insults he received were in any way positive.

And now look where we are.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 11:26 - Dec 3 with 2834 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 11:21 - Dec 3 by OptimisticJack

I would much prefer to be in lower table obscurity under Martin than under the current regime.
At least our football under Martin was sublime at times and it felt that we were moving in a certain direction even if we got hit off course now and again.
Presently our footballing identity is lost and we only seem to be heading one way.

It was hardly sublime during our dismal pre Christmas efforts last season 1 win in how many games? We only got better after Christmas when he ditched his possession for possession sake approach and attacking quickly. 6 points off playoffs after his many tactical mistakes in October November and December.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 11:29 - Dec 3 with 2829 viewsOptimisticJack

Spot on Kieth.
We were building something special and time was the essence.
Sadly it seems, so many seeked instant gratification.

Optimisticjack

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 11:44 - Dec 3 with 2803 viewsbuilthjack

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 11:22 - Dec 3 by KeithHaynes

I felt he was on the cusp of success with the Swans. His finish of last season was enough to evidence that. I never really felt the personal insults he received were in any way positive.

And now look where we are.

I said many times that it was a 3 year plan. He got us to where we needed to be, and this season was to be the icing on the cake. I truly believe he would have got us up this season.
Others were ecstatic that he was let go and “Duffers” put in charge.
I said be careful what you wish for.
Now look at us.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 11:52 - Dec 3 with 2786 viewsBryanSwan

Revisionism is nice i suppose.
He had a pretty torrid time her over the course of 25 odd games.

I wouldn't exactly say he is excelling at Southampton either, they would really be expecting automatic promotion with the squad they have.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 12:03 - Dec 3 with 2758 viewsbuilthjack

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 11:52 - Dec 3 by BryanSwan

I wouldn't exactly say he is excelling at Southampton either, they would really be expecting automatic promotion with the squad they have.

They took €183 million in transfers out, and paid out €21 million for transfers in over the summer.
So he hasn’t done too badly.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 12:20 - Dec 3 with 2735 viewsmajorraglan

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 12:03 - Dec 3 by builthjack

They took €183 million in transfers out, and paid out €21 million for transfers in over the summer.
So he hasn’t done too badly.

Very good point.

I’ve not paid much attention to Martin/ Southampton, but having just read a bit more they’ve moved on 22 players and brought in 10 some of whom are players returning from loan spells elsewhere. Putting things in context, that’s a fair bit of upheaval. They are in the top 6 so doing ok.
Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 12:25 - Dec 3 with 2733 viewspencoedjack

Martin has gone get over it.

I wish Laudrup Rodgers & Martinez hadn’t left but they did & they done far more for the club than Russell bloody Martin.

Supporters seem to forget the 24 games of losing boring football last season & remember just the last 8 games when he got a tune out of the same players he had all season.

He’s fist pumping Southampton fans now & giving the Basseys a bit back after they gave him grief for winning 4 games against the worst Cardiff sides I’ve seen in 40 years of watching SW derbies.

He’s better at self promotion than Brendan Rodgers.

Get over it FFS
Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 12:44 - Dec 3 with 2700 viewsjack247

Let’s be honest, Martin and Cooper had their moments, but there hasn’t been a great deal of excitement, or consistent attractive football for the best part of 5 years.

It’s probably as bad as it’s been for a long time now. The last two managers had their flaws, but I wouldn’t say either looked out of their depth. Martin was stubborn to his own detriment, but looked a Championship manager.

Duffs floundering doesn’t make Martin a brilliant coach though, just better than Duff.
Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 12:51 - Dec 3 with 2696 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Martin has much better players to work with at Sotn. and he's had another year to improve his management.
I was always undecided about him during his stay with us, but thought we were about three players light during last season.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 13:27 - Dec 3 with 2658 viewsswancity

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 11:52 - Dec 3 by BryanSwan

Torrid time over 25 odd games 😂😂

Close to the play offs you mean . Come on give credit where it’s due. Some of the football was excellent, sometimes we over played to our detriment but I’m sure with a goalkeeper of Rushworths standing it would have made a big difference.

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 13:30 - Dec 3 with 2646 viewsWhiterockin

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 13:27 - Dec 3 by swancity

Torrid time over 25 odd games 😂😂

Close to the play offs you mean . Come on give credit where it’s due. Some of the football was excellent, sometimes we over played to our detriment but I’m sure with a goalkeeper of Rushworths standing it would have made a big difference.

Who recommended the keeper we had.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 14:06 - Dec 3 with 2574 viewsonehunglow

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 12:25 - Dec 3 by pencoedjack

I wish Laudrup Rodgers & Martinez hadn’t left but they did & they done far more for the club than Russell bloody Martin.

Supporters seem to forget the 24 games of losing boring football last season & remember just the last 8 games when he got a tune out of the same players he had all season.

He’s fist pumping Southampton fans now & giving the Basseys a bit back after they gave him grief for winning 4 games against the worst Cardiff sides I’ve seen in 40 years of watching SW derbies.

Get over it FFS

I view him in a different light but suffice to say, he got us nowhere really.
Plan?
Course it was.
Fisher in goal was down to him.
Fisher is unsalable

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 16:45 - Dec 3 with 2500 viewsswancity

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 13:30 - Dec 3 by Whiterockin

Who recommended the keeper we had.

Steven Benda and Andy Fisher roughly shared the league games, I think Fisher had one or two more games of the 46. Benda was better I thought but missed out through injury. Fisher showed a strong character to recover well from some horrendous errors but of course he was taking risks as that’s what the playing style required. Neither were in Rushworths league though.

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 17:23 - Dec 3 with 2466 viewsKeithHaynes

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 12:25 - Dec 3 by pencoedjack

Get over it FFS

He’s definitely gone 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 18:15 - Dec 3 with 2428 viewsshingle

Lol look at the squad he has anything other than promotion will be seen as a failure, i would imagine most managers will be there or there about with those players at his disposal.
Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 19:16 - Dec 3 with 2383 viewsvetchonian

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 18:15 - Dec 3 by shingle

Lol look at the squad he has anything other than promotion will be seen as a failure, i would imagine most managers will be there or there about with those players at his disposal.

Amazing the love in for a manager who has achieved nothing apart from a double doube over them up the road.
Folks go on how close he got us to the play offsyet happily diss Cooper who got us to the playoffs twice the second time got us to the final

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 16:57 - Dec 4 with 2255 viewsswancity

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 19:16 - Dec 3 by vetchonian

Amazing the love in for a manager who has achieved nothing apart from a double doube over them up the road.
Folks go on how close he got us to the play offsyet happily diss Cooper who got us to the playoffs twice the second time got us to the final

You might be confusing success with playing philosophy as it was obvious that we did well under Steve Cooper albeit the playing style was not everyone’s cup of tea. He knew how to get results, how to maximise potential of the players but it wasn’t always pretty to watch was it.

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 17:29 - Dec 4 with 2230 viewsonehunglow

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 19:16 - Dec 3 by vetchonian

The greatest self promoting coach we have ever had.
A great coach?
He’s won nothing ,not with us nor anyone else .
Yet,his fan club endures with some of ours.
He will get a rapturous reception at our home game with them.
It’s incredible .
Fans turning n each other over a coach who simply buggered off
leaving us with Andy Fisher .

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 18:08 - Dec 4 with 2199 viewsshingle

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 16:57 - Dec 4 by swancity

You might be confusing success with playing philosophy as it was obvious that we did well under Steve Cooper albeit the playing style was not everyone’s cup of tea. He knew how to get results, how to maximise potential of the players but it wasn’t always pretty to watch was it.

If i remember correctly apart from a section of our fan base everybody including other teams fans were rolling about hysterically with our tactics under Martin, the video on Martin that Blackburn released is a prime example that made him look a complete idiot and there is no doubt that it is the quality of players at Southampton that is his saviour there, they should go up but once his players are not Superior which will be the case next season they will come straight back down unless they sack him before it is to late once they realise just how dire he is.
Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 18:16 - Dec 4 with 2193 viewsshingle

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 17:29 - Dec 4 by onehunglow

The greatest self promoting coach we have ever had.
A great coach?
He’s won nothing ,not with us nor anyone else .
Yet,his fan club endures with some of ours.
He will get a rapturous reception at our home game with them.
It’s incredible .
Fans turning n each other over a coach who simply buggered off
leaving us with Andy Fisher .

But this fan base of ours are not the brightest are they if there was a league for the most deluded we would be in the running for the title lol
Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 18:33 - Dec 4 with 2173 viewsonehunglow

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 18:16 - Dec 4 by shingle

But this fan base of ours are not the brightest are they if there was a league for the most deluded we would be in the running for the title lol

What made me very angry are the good people in our fan base taken in by this chap and his “ plan”
It’s just me ,I admit but I was never objective about him,emotion overwhelming my every post .
A great coach he was not

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 18:34 - Dec 4 with 2173 viewsunion_jack

Meanwhile Russell Martin continues to excel on 18:16 - Dec 4 by shingle

All clubs have those types of fans but I can think of quite a few more who are the epitome of delusional.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024